Welcome to another iteration of my tier lists! This one's updated for the Syndra patch. There aren't that many changes, because Riot isn't changing a lot with the Season 2 World Championship coming up. Yes it took me a while to post this, university started again so I'm a bit busy at the moment.
These lists were started by me, but they will probably change a lot. I will edit them based on my personal experience and patches. I can also make changes based on feedback. If you have a suggestion, please post a nice comment with an explanation. I will look into it and see what I can do. I try to take all possible aspects of the champions and the game into account when making or editing the lists but it's not easy. I am not a pro player but I've done my best to make the lists as accurate as possible. I know they are far from perfect but I hope you will find them useful anyway. Don't blame me if you completely disagree with the lists.
Tier 1: These are the strongest champions. They are picked or banned most of the time in competitive matches. They provide different abilities and strengths to help the team. They have few weaknesses and are hard to counter.
Tier 2: Still very strong champions, but with generally more weaknesses. They are picked a lot and are pretty much as good as tier 1 in most cases. They're just a little bit easier to counter.
Tier 3: Still completely viable picks in many cases. Some are safe picks but bring less to the team, some can bring much to the team but can be countered.
Tier 4: More situational picks. They can be used as counterpicks if you know who your up against. You don't see them that often though. There's usually something better to pick.
Tier 5: Champions that still fit their role, but are not a great pick most of the time. They are a bit underpowered compared to the higher tiers and can be countered pretty well.
Below are the tier lists for each main role in the current meta: AP carry, AD carry, support, jungler and solotop.
Tier 1: Morgana, Zyra, Anivia, Kennen, Galio, Ahri, Karthus, Vladimir
Tier 2: Orianna, Gragas, Cassiopeia, Ryze, Kassadin, Lux, Twisted Fate, Syndra, Mordekaiser
Tier 3: Annie, Malzahar, Veigar, Swain, Diana, Brand, Katarina, LeBlanc
Tier 4: Kog’Maw, Viktor, Lulu, Xerath, Ziggs, Soraka, Zilean, Fiddlesticks
Tier 5: Tristana, Sion, Nunu, Maokai, Nidalee, Janna, Heimerdinger
- Syndra placed in tier 2: She is complicated, but has a lot of potential. I haven't seen her too much yet, so I might place her somewhere else.
- Brand moved down in tier 3: He has huge damage potential, but he just doesn't have the mobility and CC. He gets outclassed by others at the moment.
- LeBlanc moved up to tier 3: Though she doesn't have the late-game potential of other APs, she is a counter to many midlaners and has a lot of mobility.
- Kog'Maw moved down to tier 4: He can be incredible in the right hands, but so can other AP carries. He is vulnerable to counters and doesn't have that much utility.
Tier 1: Graves, Corki, Kog’Maw
Tier 2: Ezreal, Vayne, Ashe
Tier 3: Tristana, Urgot, Sivir, Draven
Tier 4: Miss Fortune, Jayce, Caitlyn
Tier 5: Kennen, Varus
- Corki moved up in tier 1: Probably a better pick than Kog'Maw at the moment.
- Ezreal moved up in tier 2: Graves, Corki and Ezreal are currently considered the 'Holy Trinity' of AD carries. Though this might be true, I personally think Kog'Maw can outshine Ezreal with a good comp.
Tier 1: Janna, Alistar, Taric, Soraka
Tier 2: Leona, Nunu, Blitzcrank
Tier 3: Sona, Lulu, Shen, Lux
Tier 4: Karma, Galio, Morgana, Orianna
Tier 5: Zilean, Nidalee, Fiddlesticks
- Alistar moved up in tier 1: He's banned or first-picked very often and brings a lot to the team. Tons of CC, heals and tankiness.
Tier 1: Lee Sin, Dr Mundo, Nocturne, Maokai, Nautilus, Skarner, Udyr, Trundle, Jarvan IV, Nunu
Tier 2: Olaf, Shyvana, Cho’Gath, Rammus, Hecarim, Amumu, Malphite, Shen, Alistar, Jayce
Tier 3: Sejuani, Jax, Volibear, Riven, Diana, Darius, Warwick, Xin Zhao, Rengar, Shaco, Gangplank
Tier 4: Tryndamere, Fizz, Wukong, Fiddlesticks, Master Yi, Renekton, Pantheon, Twitch
Tier 5: Blitzcrank, Evelynn, Sion, Garen, Leona, Fiora, Kayle, Talon, Singed
- Jax moved up in tier 3: He can jungle and gank pretty well, but more importantly, his late-game is insanely strong.
- Shaco moved down in tier 3: His ganks and ambushes early-game are incredibly annoying but he falls off too much in my opinion.
Tier 1: Shen, Lee Sin, Irelia, Olaf, Jax, Yorick, Malphite, Kennen, Riven, Vladimir, Rumble
Tier 2: Jayce, Renekton, Gangplank, Nidalee, Darius, Warwick, Wukong, Trundle, Cho’Gath
Tier 3: Teemo, Singed, Jarvan IV, Kayle, Nasus, Rengar, Mordekaiser, Xin Zhao, Galio, Nunu, Garen
Tier 4: Shyvana, Sion, Pantheon, Tryndamere, Fiora, Urgot, Poppy, Hecarim, Nocturne, Talon
Tier 5: Akali, Skarner, Amumu, Maokai, Volibear, Master Yi, Nautilus, Blitzcrank, Fizz, Katarina
- Yorick moved up in tier 1: In lane he is one of the strongest. Late-game, he fills up your screen with ghouls and clones so you can't click on anything. Oh and, double AD carry.
- Malphite moved up in tier 1: He can lane safely against pretty much all AD champions. Late-game, he becomes incredibly tanky without too many items and has a lot of CC and utility.
- Jayce moved up in tier 2: I've been playing him a lot recently and he is really strong. He is almost unbeatable in lane, unless you counter-pick him (in which case he can just go jungle or AD carry). The amount of damage, poke and utility he has is insanely high. He got nerfed a bit, but it didn't do anything for him.
- Warwick moved down in tier 2: Though he's still a good champion overall, he lost popularity and gets outclassed by many others right now.
- Nasus moved up in tier 3: He can be weak in lane, but he becomes a monster if you don't deny him enough.
- Tryndamere moved up in tier 4: I think he's a bit better than Fiora because of his carry potential.
- Urgot moved up in tier 4: His recent changes made him more of a toplaner instead of an 'AD carry'. He can do pretty well top and I've seen him being played a bit more.
- Hecarim moved up in tier 4: He was just better than others he was below.