Hello again everybody! Here are the second iterations of my tier lists. Updated for the Darius patch. Not much actually changed this patch so not much changed in the tier lists. I just made some minor adjustments. If you like my posts, please comment and check out my profile for some in-depth champion builds.
About the tier lists
These tier lists are my personal opinion. I've made them by watching high elo and tournament games and, of course, by playing games myself. They might change a lot, depending on patches or new experiences. Feel free to tell me if you think something isn't right and I'll have a closer look at it. The tier lists take every part of a champion into consideration and are fit for high-elo and competitive games. Explanations will follow as I get feedback or change things.
Tier 1: These are the strongest champions. They are picked or banned most of the time in competitive matches. They provide different abilities and strengths to help the team. They have few weaknesses and are hard to counter.
Tier 2: Still very strong champions, but with generally more weaknesses. They are picked a lot and are pretty much as good as tier 1 in most cases. They're just a bit easier to counter.
Tier 3: Completely viable picks. Some are safe picks but bring less to the team, some can bring much to the team but can be countered.
Tier 4: The situational picks. They can be used as counterpicks if you know who your up against. You don't see them that often though. Most of the time they aren't great.
Tier 5: Champions that still fit their role, but are not a good pick most of the time. They are underpowered compared to the higher tiers and can be countered easily at high skill levels. They can be strong at lower levels though.
Factors: lategame, poke, sustain, counters, damage, damage type (AoE/single-target, burst/sustained...), survivability, CC, utility.
- Tier 1: Kennen, Cassiopeia, Galio, Morgana, Anivia, Mordekaiser, Karthus
- Tier 2: Ryze, Ahri, Vladimir, Kassadin, Brand, Annie, Veigar, LeBlanc, Malzahar
- Tier 3: Gragas, Lux, Fizz, Lulu, Ziggs, Viktor, Kog’Maw, Swain, Xerath, Soraka
- Tier 4: Twisted Fate, Orianna, Maokai, Fiddlesticks, Sion, Tristana
- Tier 5: Katarina, Nidalee, Zilean, Nunu, Janna, Heimerdinger
- Kennen moved up in tier 1: I think Kennen is just slightly better than Cassiopeia right now. Cassiopeia is more annoying in lane but Kennen has more reliable stuns and a good escape.
- Karthus moved up to tier 1: I think he is tier 1 worthy. Karthus has very high DPS and his wall is just incredibly strong. His ult basically lowers the health of the entire enemy team each teamfight. Also, you don't really have to worry about dying because of your passive.
- Kassadin moved down to tier 2: I think he was too high. Kassadin can be very strong and counters a lot of champions, but he can also be countered easily with continuous ranged harass. He is probably the strongest ELO hell champion, just not as strong at higher ELOs.
- Lulu moved down in tier 3: She has been nerved twice now and I think she isn't that great of an AP carry as many people think.
- Zilean moved up in tier 5: I think I underestimated him. He can do great things for his team and might move up higher.
Factors: lategame, laning, damage, damage type, CC, utility.
- Tier 1: Kog’Maw, Vayne, Tristana
- Tier 2: Corki, Ashe, Graves, Caitlyn
- Tier 3: Kennen, Varus, Ezreal, Sivir
- Tier 4: Miss Fortune, Teemo
- Tier 5: Lulu, Twitch
Factors: lategame, sustain, poke, burst, utility, CC, survivability.
- Tier 1: Janna, Alistar, Leona, Taric
- Tier 2: Soraka, Nunu, Lulu, Sona
- Tier 3: Blitzcrank, Shen, Lux
- Tier 4: Karma, Galio, Morgana, Orianna
- Tier 5: Nidalee, Zilean, Fiddlesticks
- Soraka moved up in tier 2: I think she should be higher than both Nunu and Lulu. She brings huge (infinite) sustain and her lategame is still good (though hard to notice). Of course it depends on the AD carry you're laning with.
Factors: lategame, jungle speed, ganking, invading, protecting, sustain, vulnerabilities, type (bruiser, tank, supportive...).
- Tier 1: Lee Sin, Udyr, Dr Mundo, Skarner, Nocturne, Maokai, Nautilus, Trundle
- Tier 2: Jarvan IV, Shyvana, Cho’Gath, Shaco, Hecarim, Xin Zhao, Sejuani, Warwick, Volibear
- Tier 3: Amumu, Rammus, Alistar, Fizz, Jax, Gangplank, Wukong, Malphite, Master Yi
- Tier 4: Fiddlesticks, Tryndamere, Nunu, Renekton, Pantheon, Twitch, Olaf, Riven
- Tier 5: Sion, Leona, Blitzcrank, Fiora, Kayle, Talon, Singed, Garen, Evelynn
- Lee Sin moved up in tier 1: I think he brings more than Udyr does.
Factors: lategame, sustain, damage, dualing, CC, type (bruiser, tank, mage...).
- Tier 1: Shen, Kennen, Olaf, Gangplank, Nasus, Lee Sin, Irelia, Riven, Yorick, Singed, Sion
- Tier 2: Nidalee, Vladimir, Warwick, Renekton, Trundle, Fiora, Wukong, Tryndamere, Cho’Gath, Jax, Mordekaiser
- Tier 3: Teemo, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao, Malphite, Talon, Rumble, Shyvana, Galio, Dr Mundo, Urgot
- Tier 4: Nocturne, Garen, Hecarim, Pantheon, Kayle, Akali, Amumu, Maokai, Nautilus
- Tier 5: Master Yi, Blitzcrank, Nunu, Fizz, Katarina, Volibear, Skarner, Poppy