Hello people! A new update for my tier lists here updated for the Draven patch. Most changes are reconsiderations as there weren't many major nerfs or buffs this patch. I hope you find it helpful. Please show your support if you do.
About the tier lists
These tier lists are my personal opinion. I've made them by watching high elo and tournament games and, of course, by playing games myself. They might change a lot, depending on patches or new experiences. Feel free to tell me if you think something isn't right and I'll have a closer look at it. The tier lists take every part of a champion into consideration and are fit for high-elo and competitive games. Explanations will follow as I get feedback or change things.
Tier 1: These are the strongest champions. They are picked or banned most of the time in competitive matches. They provide different abilities and strengths to help the team. They have few weaknesses and are hard to counter.
Tier 2: Still very strong champions, but with generally more weaknesses. They are picked a lot and are pretty much as good as tier 1 in most cases. They're just a bit easier to counter.
Tier 3: Completely viable picks. Some are safe picks but bring less to the team, some can bring much to the team but can be countered.
Tier 4: The situational picks. They can be used as counterpicks if you know who your up against. You don't see them that often though. Most of the time they aren't great.
Tier 5: Champions that still fit their role, but are not a good pick most of the time. They are underpowered compared to the higher tiers and can be countered easily at high skill levels. They can be strong at lower levels though.
Factors: lategame, poke, sustain, counters, damage, damage type (AoE/single-target, burst/sustained...), survivability, CC, utility.
- Tier 1: Kennen, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Anivia, Galio, Karthus, Ryze, Ahri
- Tier 2: Vladimir, Mordekaiser, Kassadin, Brand, Annie, Veigar, LeBlanc, Malzahar
- Tier 3: Gragas, Lux, Fizz, Lulu, Ziggs, Viktor, Kog’Maw, Swain, Xerath, Soraka
- Tier 4: Twisted Fate, Orianna, Maokai, Fiddlesticks, Sion, Tristana
- Tier 5: Katarina, Nidalee, Zilean, Nunu, Janna, Heimerdinger
- Galio moved down in tier 1: I started finding him slightly less impressive lately and his Q got nerved a little, so I moved him down accordingly.
- Ryze moved up to tier 1: He has been buffed (not this patch) and I'm starting to see his potential. He can carry very well.
- Ahri moved up to tier 1: Her base damage and ratios got altered but this isn't really the reason. Ahri is just banned or picked so much and she is a very strong pick. She can counter certain champion really well and she has a lot of mobility.
Factors: lategame, laning, damage, damage type, CC, utility.
- Tier 1: Kog’Maw, Vayne, Tristana
- Tier 2: Corki, Ashe, Graves, Caitlyn
- Tier 3: Kennen, Varus, Ezreal, Sivir
- Tier 4: Draven, Miss Fortune, Teemo
- Tier 5: Lulu, Twitch
- Draven added to tier 4: I think he's not great. His damage can be really high but the whole mini-game of picking up your axes is just not viable in competitive games. Maybe the pro's will prove me wrong though, we'll see.
Factors: lategame, sustain, poke, burst, utility, CC, survivability.
- Tier 1: Janna, Taric, Alistar, Leona
- Tier 2: Soraka, Nunu, Lulu, Sona
- Tier 3: Blitzcrank, Shen, Lux
- Tier 4: Karma, Galio, Morgana, Orianna
- Tier 5: Nidalee, Zilean, Fiddlesticks
- Taric moved up in tier 1: I thought he was just a bit better than Alistar and Leona.
Factors: lategame, jungle speed, ganking, invading, protecting, sustain, vulnerabilities, type (bruiser, tank, supportive...).
- Tier 1: Lee Sin, Dr Mundo, Skarner, Udyr, Nocturne, Maokai, Nautilus, Trundle
- Tier 2: Jarvan IV, Shyvana, Cho’Gath, Shaco, Hecarim, Xin Zhao, Sejuani, Warwick, Amumu
- Tier 3: Volibear, Rammus, Jax, Alistar, Fizz, Gangplank, Wukong, Malphite, Master Yi
- Tier 4: Fiddlesticks, Tryndamere, Nunu, Renekton, Pantheon, Twitch, Olaf, Riven
- Tier 5: Sion, Leona, Blitzcrank, Fiora, Kayle, Talon, Singed, Garen, Evelynn
- Udyr moved down in tier 1: He falls off because everyone is buying boots as start item now.
- Amumu moved up to tier 2: Raised because of his amazing late-game.
- Volibear moved down to tier 3: Dropped because of his weaker late-game.
- Jax moved up in tier 3: I think he is better than Alistar or Fizz most of the time.
Factors: lategame, sustain, damage, dualing, CC, type (bruiser, tank, mage...).
- Tier 1: Shen, Kennen, Olaf, Gangplank, Nasus, Lee Sin, Irelia, Riven, Yorick, Singed, Sion
- Tier 2: Nidalee, Vladimir, Warwick, Renekton, Trundle, Fiora, Wukong, Cho’Gath, Jax, Mordekaiser, Tryndamere
- Tier 3: Teemo, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao, Malphite, Talon, Rumble, Shyvana, Galio, Dr Mundo, Urgot
- Tier 4: Nocturne, Garen, Hecarim, Pantheon, Kayle, Akali, Amumu, Maokai, Nautilus
- Tier 5: Master Yi, Blitzcrank, Nunu, Fizz, Katarina, Volibear, Skarner, Poppy
- Tryndamere moved down in tier 2: Still very strong but can be shut down easily when counter-picked.