Master Yi Build Guide by vC Ranger
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey everyone, this is my third build on Mobafire, yeah my builds don't get much attention so I'm pretty devastated seeing I try so hard and put so much work into them...
Once again I can't be bothered adding picture and text colors etc, but if people start liking it and start looking at it I may just do that :D
SO ENJOY MY BUILD, TRY IT, AND +1
My runes are pretty standard, except I used per level for one of them seeing you don't really need the armor at lower levels because you start out with cloth armor. Also I got quite a bit of Desolation in there because everyone just gets thornmail usually when there is a pro Yi, especially in 3v3's.
That's about it for runes, If you want you can change the Greater Glyph of Warding to Greater Glyph or Shielding, but I usually prefer it the other way, so don't cry about it.
Pretty average masteries, the old 21/0/9 jungling masteries, seen alot of 19/0/11, I don't really like that at all, don't forget you must have plentiful bounty, if you want to get a different summoner spell instead of Exhaust change my cripple summoner spell upgrade to the summoner spell you picked, unless it's flash or something. If it's flash or something hard to upgrade because you need alot of points in something just get Alacrity to 4.
IF YOU PREFER YOUMUU'S INSTEAD OF PD THEN YOU CAN GET YOUMUU'S INSTEAD, I JUST DON'T LIKE YOUMUU'S UNIQUE, IT'S SUCH A BOTHER TO USE!!!
Now I start by getting three health potions because if you decide to gank because there is an easy assist or kill near by you might get hit and need to use it. Usually people just take two but here you can take three, it's what I'm used to anyway.
You don't need to get Stark's Fervor, what I do with recurve bow if there are Nukers on the other team then I would get Wit's End.
If they got a Jax or anyone else spamming dodge (not all Jax's spam dodge) then I just get Sword of the Divine, I love it...
If not any of those than just get Stark's Fervor, or experiment with other recurve bow items, I haven't tried that yet, only those two came in handy.
IF THE TEAM AS JAX AND A DODGE ***** THEN THINK ABOUT IT AND SEE WHO IS MORE FED, DOES THE TEAM HAVE MORE NUKERS THAN DODGE *****S? AND THEN CHOOSE, DON'T FORGET YOU CAN GET SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR RECURVE BOW!!!
Yeah, the skill sequence is above, only once have I needed to get meditate first, mainly because I got hit alot in a gank and couldn't be bothered going back and getting some health potions (as this was before I got three health pots) so I just got meditate first and continued it like normal.
Skill Sequence, not to complex, you can max Wuju Style first but... LOL WTF WHY!?
Not that interesting here, it's simple, don't take Ghost. Why!?
You might as well take Teleport if you want Ghost... (Man this is gonna cause some controversy).
Recommended Summoner Spells:
SMITE: You need it, nothing can be swapped for smite.
EXHAUST: What I usually take.
CLEANSE: Handy, I only take it when I have a gut feeling that the other team has a whole bunch of CCers.
FLASH: Don't recomend it without the upgrade, but still handy if your in lower level games (20 and below).
Oh yeah, the most important part...
HAHA! That's right this is for 3v3's.
Guess what, here is the route...
BEFORE WE BEGIN DON'T TROLL THIS, I FOUND THIS QUITE USEFUL FOR ME AND IF YOU SAY THERE IS NO JUNGLE IN 3v3 CHECK AGAIN, BECAUSE THERE SORTA LIKE... IS...
1. Buy Cloth armor and 2-3 Health potions.
2. Go to the small camp at mid jungle closest to your team.
3. (Don't start until all enemy players are visible on the mini-map). Begin by using Alpha Strike then continue to attack the largest creep, smite it and take down the rest. Use your Health potion.
4. Go to the other small camp at mid and begin by using Alpha Strike and focus the large one, then just use your Health Potion.
5. Go to top where there are either wolves or two small golems, hopefully it's two small golems and smite is back. Just kill them focus the weaker one and Smite the stronger (if it's golems) and smite the big wolf (if it's wolves).
6. Use your last health potion and if you can go to the last small camp, if you were lucky enough to get small golems first then your in luck easy kill against wolves just AS and WS. If small golems try and kill one and then run, watch out for the enemy coming to kill you though. Make sure your team always calls MIA.
7. Go B and buy Long sword, if you can get Madred's Razors.
9. Go B and buy Boot's of Speed, and maybe Wriggle's if you can.
10. REMEMBER TO WARD EITHER DRAGON OR RED BUFF, I recommend red buff as no one really goes dragon but if you were ganked at top jungle before i'd do dragon that way you see if they come.
11. Get red buff and ward it, then go off and gank some people either top or bot, I recomend top, but Bot if they are on low hp. YOU NEED RED BUFF TO GANK, not at higher levels but at least around now.
12. Repeat and get Recurve Bow, jungle more and then get Youmuu's, remember to keep ganking so it's easier to make money. About now you should push turrets with your Ulti and Wuju Style and get some lane creep kills.
13. Do what you want with your recurve bow and then you should stop jungling and then just lane and push on turrets.
14. Finish the build and keep soloing dragon, if you want ward near dragon just in case the enemy comes to steal, if they get your team to back door turrets and use yourself as a distraction, even make them chase you with your Ulti.
15. GG their team, total domination, GL and HF with my build.
DON'T FORGET TO TELL MY ABOUT MY MISTAKES AND IF I MISS SOME THINGS OUT PLEASE!!!