SO MUCH DMG
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, I am JastyGaming! My most mastered champion is Rek'Sai, who is loads of fun to play. If I had to play one champion for the rest of my life, it would be her. Yes, her, not he. I really hope that this guide will teach you the way of Rek'Sai, and show you just how great of a champion she is.
Synergy: Her CC works with anyone, especially with Yasuo. Her tankiness and damage is just everything you'd want in a jungler.
Explanation: Rek'Sai is an EXTREMELY fun champion to play. Probably Riot's best recent champion. The CC from her W not only makes her a great chaser, but also amazing in ganks. She has insane damage, even with all the nerfs (shhh don't tell Riot) and tankiness. All of her skins are amazing as well, definitely worth the RP.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: You don't need attack speed because your ultimate, Void Rush, already provides you with that.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: You can go armor penetration, but that's recommended if you go glass cannon.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Standard defense.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Standard defense.
Masteries18 FEROCITY 12 CUNNING
// You'll want Fervor of Battle simply because it's the best on Rek'Sai. It gives you bonus attack damage for attacking an enemy champion, giving you more damage overtime. This gives you tons of early game damage, and helps with those awkward jungler 1v1's for scuttle. 12 in the cunning tree is mandatory for any champion. Dangerous Game and Merciless are just beautfil. Savagery is to help with clearing the jungle.
Q: What about Thunderlord's Decree ?
// Thunderlord's isn't good on Rek'Sai because it is bonus ad, and by late game you will have only 2 attack damage items. To add onto it, it doesn't have as many uses as Fevror does. As long as you're an auto attack reliant champion, Fevror will never be useless mastery.
|Many will argue that getting Ninja Tabi or Mercury's Treads are better, but your boot option really is up to you. When I buy boots, I buy them for what they are made for, mobility. If an enemy is a huge threat then I will adjust my boot choice. Simple as that.|
|Not much to say here, it's just an enchantment that should be picked up on Rek'Sai for obvious reasons.|
|Now THIS item... this item is perfect for Rek'Sai. The AoE damage synergizes well with her Q. It also provides health regen along with life steal. Rush this item and buying it as soon as possible will give you an earlier powerspike.|
|Another great pickup on Rek'Sai. This item gives you CDR, Health, Attack Damage, Armor Reduction, and Movement Speed. If you're already getting fed and you see that your enemies are building against you, then you can pick this item up before Ravenous Hydra.|
|You can also get Frozen Heart if you really need the armor. This is just a basic armor item, assuming you're up against a fed ADC.|
|You can also buy Banshee's Veil if you want. This item is great as it gives health regen. But just like the Randuin's, if you really need the MR then get Banshee's.|
WHY HE COUNTERS YOU
WHY SHE COUNTERS YOU
WHY HE COUNTERS YOU
Fury of the Xer'Sai: Rek'Sai generates 5 Fury every time she lands a basic attack and 10 Fury every time she lands Queen's Wrath, Unburrow or Furious Bite, plus 2.5 additional Fury per enemy hit beyond the first. Rek'Sai loses 20 Fury per seconds if she has not gained any in the last 5 seconds.
As long as Rek'Sai remains burrowed, she expends 20% of her accumulated Fury every second to heal herself, up to a maximum of 25 - 450 (based on level) over 5 seconds if she burrowed at 100 Fury. This stops once Rek'Sai consumes all of her Fury or returns to full health.
Queen's Wrath: Rek'Sai's next three basic attacks within 5 seconds deal bonus physical damage to her target and all surrounding enemies.
- This resets Rek'Sai's auto attack timer. You will deal more damage if you auto attack then instantly Q. So auto, q right after, auto, auto, auto. I would like to thank Gumapac for this trick!
- Always focus the big monster first, as the AoE damage will deal damage to the small monsters even if you're not attacking them.
Prey Seeker: Rek'Sai fires a void-charged pulse in a target direction that detonates on the first enemy struck, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area and Sight icon revealing them for 2.5 seconds.
- Use it to check if a jungle camp is there.
- Use it to get cs or monsters safely or from afar.
- Use it to check bushes. Your Burrow detects movement,not if champions are near. So if you're up against a Teemo, this should help.
THIS IS Rek'Sai'S BURROWED Q
Burrow: Rek'Sai burrows into the ground, reducing her sight range and disabling her basic attacks while gaining 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 bonus movement speed, immunity to unit collision, access to an alternate set of basic abilities and Tremor Sense.
With Tremor Sense activated, enemy and neutral units that move near Rek'Sai have their position revealed to her and her allies. This does not grant Sight icon sight, but can be seen through Fog of War.
- Use it to get around faster.
Unburrow: Rek'Sai bursts out of the ground, dealing physical damage to surrounding enemies and knocking them up for up to 1 second, based on their proximity to her upon emerging. Enemies cannot be affected again by Unburrow for a few seconds.
Rek'Sai can attempt to land a basic attack against an enemy while burrowed to trigger Unburrow.
- Unburrow to get better vision of where you are. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Furious Bite: Rek'Sai bites the target enemy, dealing physical damage that is increased by 1% for every point of current Fury. If Rek'Sai has full Fury, Furious Bite deals true damage instead.
- Save Furious Bite for executions, and for when your enemy is really low health. By then you should have 100 Fury, so biting them will be fatal.
Tunnel: Rek'Sai dashes in the direction of the cursor, leaving behind two connected Tunnel entrances. She can interact with either entrance to traverse the Tunnel again, but each Tunnel shuts down for a few seconds after being used, momentarily preventing further traversal.
Rek'Sai's tunnels last for up to 10 minutes and can have up to 8 pairs of Tunnel entrances active on the map at the same time. Enemy champions can destroy a Tunnel by standing on either entrance for 1.5 seconds.
- All uses for tunnels: Invading, escaping, chasing, ganking.
- Make tunnels near spots that cover lots of ground, that otherwise would take a lot longer to get around. For example, you E over dragon pit, instead of having to walk all the way around.
- You can tell if someone is an area by seeing if a tunnel has disappeared. Remember though that they do have a 10 minute life span, so remember that before pinging your teammates for unnecessary backup.
Void Rush: PASSIVE: Rek'Sai gains 20/40/60% bonus attack speed.
ACTIVE: Rek'Sai targets one of her Tunnel entrances and channels for 1.5 seconds. Upon completing the channel, she Burrows into the ground and dashes to the target Tunnel, becoming untargetable for the duration. This does not shut down the selected Tunnel.
In addition to disabling effects, damage from champions and turrets interrupt Void Rush, putting it on an 8-second reduced cooldown.
- Use to to: regroup with team, cut off escapes, escape, get to jungle camps (early game), scare the **** out of people.
- No Stalker's Blade - Devourer, the attack speed from your ultimate is good enough.
Tips When Making a Guide
Here are some tips when making a guide:
- Never try and make a guide all in one day. Do 2-3 chapters each day, depending on how much work each one takes.
- Understand what you're saying. If you don't even know what you're typing, you shouldn't be making a guide in the first place.
- Look at other guides. Not to copy, but to see if you could learn something yourself. If you do plan on adding that new information into your guide, you must give credit.
- Make sure that the champion you're making a guide for is a champion you're passionate about. When making this guide, I played Rek'Sai like I usually do. And since I usually win, it just motivates me to keep writing this guide.
- Check out jhoijhoi's guide on how to make one!
Thanks for Reading!
I really really appreciate that you took the time to read my guide. All criticism is welcome and appreciated. This is my first real guide (all my other ones was just for fun and testing out how the website worked). So I hope that this helped you learn how to play Rek'Sai!