Brand Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Pros / Cons
- Very good damage output
- Great AoE damage
- Can easily escape ganks thanks to his stun or turn them into a kill or even a double with correct use of ulti
- Very high dps thanks to passive and low cooldowns
- Some mana problems early game (especially if you don't buy enough doran's / have right runes)
- Q and W are skillshots and E has short range
- Can be much harder to play when ulti is on cooldown as it's his only high range targetable spell
Runes and Masteries
Pretty normal runes for a mage, I usually take
9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration - Helps you pierce through that Magic Resist (especially later in the game)
9x Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration - You aren't gonna buy any Mana or Mana regen. items, these will help as the game goes on, you'll be able to spam spells lategame. ( greater seal of replenishment is a very good choice too as your spells cost alot of mana early, may need blue to keep mana up lategame tho)
9x greater glyphs of potency or greater glyphs of force - Simple AP, makes you deal more damage ( Greater Glyph of Magic Resist is a good choice too if you are facing a dangerous champion, usually you'll be able to stay out of range anyways)
3x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power - Makes your damage dangerously high especially early ( Greater Quintessence of Health can be a good choice if you need that little more health to survive, however I recommend picking only one or two if you want to)
Simple 21/0/9 that works well with any mage, gives you the mana regen, the increased Blue buff duration and all the damage you can get.
I take 1 point in Summoner's Wrath and only 3 in Mental Force as you gain 5 more ability power when ignite is on cooldown instead of only 1.