Sion Build Guide by dkbeck14
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome, to my Tale of 2 Sion's guide. This is my very first guide on Mobafire, so please only use constructive criticism :). Ive probably played at least 150 Sion games since I've started playing LoL. This guide will be based on AP and AD Sion. In my eyes Sion is probably one of the easiest champs to play, very basic, but very dominant. Well anyways, I hope u guys like it!!
Pros / Cons
- Sufficient Farmer
- Early Game Kills
- Can Zone Well
- Can Lane with almost anyone and do well^
- Moderately Tanky without any tank items
- Almost impossible to die when u have ult on
- Very slow attack rate early game
- CC prone
- Too much of a beast for the summoner to handle sometimes
- Can nuke the hell outta people
- Shield can dish it out and take it
- Very easy to Play
- Stun is OP
- Once again, can lane well with anyone
- very good solo lane
- can lock down AD/AP carries
- Ult is not as effective(still not bad though)
- Vulnerable to CC
- Moderately Squishy Mid Game
Using AP Sion I generally like to max out Cryptic Gaze first.. some people prefer to max out Death's Caress, which is just as good, because it will be better to farm with, but w.e do what makes you happy.
Using Sion in anyway what so ever, u always want to start with Cryptic Gaze,(unless you're jungling). But with AD Sion you want to max out your Enrage first, due to farming purposes, and the fact that every unit that you kill u gain permanent maximum HP.
greater mark of desolation
Greater Seal of Critical Chance
greater glyph of replenishment
greater quintessence of desolation
For runes i go pretty AD carry basic, with an exception of the Greater Seal of Critical Chance, I run these basically because the more crit you have, the more life-steal as well. Another reason is because generally by the time you hit level 6 and get you Cannibalism you wont have any crit items, so you'll probably get good use of these. I also run greater glyph of replenishment because at low levels Sion is very prone to running out of mana. If you cannot manage it well enough, they will give you that little extra bump of Mana Regen that you need, to per say get first blood, or pop that shield as you're about to die? And last the greater mark of desolation and greater quintessence of desolation are pretty self explanatory, you need armor pen, playing any AD champ.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
For AP Sion runes i go basically AP carry setup. I run Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration because, like I said before Sion is vulnerable to running out of mana early game, and the mana regen helps that. The rest of my runes are pretty self explanatory, but if you have any questions, please ask, and I will be sure answer them.
Ignite- I absolutely love Ignite, its great to finish off those early/mid game kills. Its not as useful late game though.
Ghost- Some people like Ghost, some don't, I for one render it very useful. It can be used for many purposes, such as chasing enemies down, escaping from ganks, trying to get to a lane quickly, and many more.
Other possible summoner spells are Exhaust, Clarity, and Flash.
Exhaust- Very good for chasing enemies, and shutting down any AD carry.
Flash- In my opinion about equal to Ghost, better in some ways, such as certain ways to escape, like through a wall.
Clarity- Really only useful to AP Sion, but yet again I'm gonna keep coming back to it, you need to know to manage your mana, because if you do, this spell will not be needed.
Ideally at the end of the game these are the items you should want.
Other possibilities include , you can never go wrong with 80 more AD, and some more crit dmg.
- more life-steal and AD.
- or maybe a little more attack speed and AD, but i think you already have enough attack speed, so if you were to alter the build, I'd say stick with Infinity Edge or The Bloodthirster.
This is what your items should look like.
- This is Sion's stun, it stuns for 1.5 seconds at all levels!. It's absolutely fantastic for initiating, chasing down enemy champion's and killing them. Cryptic Gaze is very useful on AP and AD
, although AP Sion benefits more, since the ability does magic damage.
- Sion's shield. 4-10 seconds after toggling Death's Caress you can blow it up, dealing magic damage, to all enemy units in the area(great for farming up them minions). Death's Caress can absorb a certain amount of damage, and if it doesn't absorb that amount of damage in 10 seconds, then it will detonate by itself.
- Granting Sion AD while it is toggled on, it costs Sion a little HP every time he auto attacks. But, every minion/monster/champion you kill, it gives Sion permanent HP, which is often why he seems so tanky.
- Gives Sion massive life-steal, also attack speed, and heals nearby allied champions for a % of the damage you do in auto attacks.
1) Optimistic Constructive Criticism is welcome on this thread, negativity is not.
2) Cryptic Gaze is OP
3) Sion is very viable both AP and AD
4) use Death's Caress to farm farm farm.
5) I didn't mention this anywhere on here but always get ELIXIRS
6) Cannibalism can save your ***, and rape their team at the same time.
7) Try to avoid any CC if possible, because Sion is vulnerable to it.
8) HAVE FUN AND I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU ASWELL
9) This is off topic, but on the AD Sion guide up top it says that you only have 135 AD, but it doesn't throw into the account that Enrage adds 65 more AD, so you'll actually have 190 AD instead of 135
"On another Note I just wanna throw out a thank you to JhoiJhoi! Her epic guide can be found here!"