Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Why I made this guide
The reason that I made this guide is to help out people who are new to the game, people who are new to playing as Bard, and to help people get better as Bard. I myself am a Mastery 5 Bard main (I would be mastery 6 but I don't have enough essence). But many different times when I chose, and locked in as Bard people would ask me "Are you good as Bard?" and this was even LONG after Bard was released, and to be honest I would ask the same question because it seemed like whenever I played with a Bard in one of my games they would do pretty bad. So this guide is basically for anyone really, it's for if you want to learn a few tips and tricks when playing as or against Bard. I really do hope this guide helps you out with playing as Bard much better and if you have any questions or want my help to teach you more about Bard, my Summoner name is BooDude15, and have a good one!
Notes on Bard
1. Caretakers Shrine takes a total of 10 seconds to get to it's full charge and grant max healing from it, but it grants a 50% boost in speed for a few seconds no matter what
2. Bard's ultimate Tempered Fate can be used pretty much across halfway of the map, it's best used at a shorter range so that you hill hopefully have a better chance of landing it
3. With Bard's Magical Journey enemies will move slower than you and your allies, and enemies will usually chase you through it if you are low on health, so use Cosmic Binding to stun them against the terrain or the possible 2nd enemy and then give yourself a Caretaker Shrine while running towards your teammates
5. Many people underestimate Bard because of how very derpy he looks, but he is surprisingly strong and kinda tanky, and because of his Magical Journey he can get in and out of fights surprisingly well
4. Bard can only have up to three meeps at a time