Kennen Build Guide by niceice220
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
GUIDE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTIONKennen.I worked really hard to make this guide the best it could be and I would enjoy some feedback to make it better. Kennen is an excellent champion with his passive Mark of the Storm, stunning and contributing to team fights. Please reconsider disliking, and thank you for taking time to read my guide. Without farther ado my Kennen guide.
+ Great CC
+ Slicing Maelstrom requires no energy
+ An energy user so no mana problems
+ Fits passive and aggressive play styles
+ Great mobility
+ Good in team fights
+ He is a Flippin' ninja!!!
- Slow start
- Some-what item dependent
- Can be squishy
- Gets focused a lot do to his damage output
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- Seal of Armor is great for early and late game these help against an AD champion like Talon. Another good rune to get instead of Seal of Armor is Seal of Magic Resist for heavy AP people like Veigar
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power This provides Kennen with a good start to help poke enemy champions.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration Again help with early , however; these help contribute to late game too.If you feels like this doesn't provide the best result you could always get Mark of Scaling Ability Power.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power these help early again without these quintessences your early will be hard.If you do not like starting out with so much ability power get Quintessence of Movement Speed I would recommend these when face Nidalee.
Flash: This is the most op thing in the game. This spell is a get of jail free card, and is great on any champion.
SUMMONER SPELL: Ahh… this summoner spell got me plenty of first bloods with Kennen.
Barrier: This can save your life a lot so if you feel you don't want ignite defiantly get barrier.
: Unlike most champions Kennen's passive is his bread and butter. This stuns the enemy when three marks of the storm are applied. These marks are added by abilities.
: This is a skill shoot and does magic damage to enemies, also it adds a Mark of the Storm, it has a 75% ability power addition making it one of Kennen's strongest ability.
- Kennen should never face check a bush use thundering shrunken to check for enemies.
- Farm with this ability it has short CD and Kennen has energy so spam it!!!
- Keep in mind that this skill shoot is faster than most skill shoots, so practice in a custom match before just hopping in a ranked.
: Passive: Every 5th attack it does additional AD also adds a Mark of the Storm. Active: Shocks all enemies with a Mark of the Storm in an AOE, also applies a Mark of the Storm.
- In early levels the 5th attack does massive amounts of damage.
- Auto attacks are faster with passive of Electrical Surge.
- When 5th proc is active try to use it on enemy champion ,but keep in mind to try not to miss cs.
- If you have a Mark of the Storm on a stealth champion use this ability to find where the stealth champion is.
- Try not to use this ability as an offensive weapon since this your only natural escape.
- Use this to dodge skills.
- This adds additional armor and magic resist so even if you can't dodge you can still take less damage from abilities
- Remember using abilities will not cancel Lightning Rush but pressing "e" again cancels the ability.
: An AOE that applies Mark of the Storm randomly adds Mark of the Storm and does magic damage to enemies.
- Flash then activate Slicing Maelstrom then Zhonya's Hourglass this combo is super effective.
- This ability combos super well with other AOE ultimates like Curse of the Sad Mummy
- Use this ability when enemies tower dive:D.
|This sequence is used when going mid. I find maxing Thundering Shuriken first is the way to go in mid lane.|
|When going top it is easier and more effective to max Electrical Surge instead of Thundering Shuriken, also if you are not good at skill shoots this would be a safe way to sequence your abilities.|