Shen Build Guide by BlueMonkey
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Shen The Tanky Support
FINAL BUILD(versus most magic damage)
FINAL BUILD(versus most physical damage)
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi it's me BlueMonkey (ign : mati7700),today i'll show u a pro guide for supportive
When we start a battle with Shen,I ussualy pick E for taunting and easy killing the enemy champions.Secondary I usually pick Q and max it first.Then I pick W and max it last.
The R is great to save people at top and bot and it's situational to save them at a teamfight.
Greater Quintessence of Health
Greater Quintessence of Health Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Armor
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Mark of Scaling Health
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
I take 1 Quint of Health,1 Quint of Health Regen,1 Quint of Armor so it easly HP Regen and not so easly to kill,then I take 9 Seals of Armor,9 Glyphs of Magic Resist and 9 Marks of Scaling Health Regen.With this runes Shen is not so easy to kill and if u are in teamfight with a full build u won this easly :3 !
Pros / Cons
1. Energy based (infinite harass in lane)
2. Can easily escape ganks
3. Does not entirely rely on one type of damage, your auto attacks add up in a top lane fight
4. Sets up ganks easily
5. High sustain
1. Energy based (running out of energy in team fights)
2. No wave clear before Sunfire Cape
3. Stand United will sometimes bug and not teleport you if you are spamming Shadow Dash near the end of the channel.
4. Stand United can be hard to coordinate in solo queue
Shen's primary role on a team is a tank, but he can be built for some damage if he gets excessively ahead. Running heavy defense masteries will make you as beefy as possible and give you insane health regen for the laning phase. perseverance combined with Recovery , Ki Strike , and Vorpal Blade will make it very hard for you to get pushed out of lane. Grabbing 5% CDR in offense is nice as well and will ensure that you have your Stand United up more often to make clutch plays.
Skill Sequence> > >
Stand United's shield value increases by 300 per rank and the cool down deceases by 20 per rank which makes it desirable to skill at 6, 11, and 16.
Vorpal Blade should be maxed first because it is your primary tool to harass the enemy in lane and the heal increases slightly with rank, giving you a bit more sustain.
Shadow Dash should be maxed second if you are ahead in lane because the cool down decreases drastically from rank to rank, going from 16 and rank 1 to 8 and rank 5. If you are not ahead, though, and need the durability, it is okay to max Feint Feint second.
Flash is a vital summoner for Shen and should be taken every game along with Exhaust. The ability to do a Shadow Dash + Flash combo gives you unpredictable initiations that can start off fights in your favor by locking down priority targets. There isn't really a good second summoner to take besides Exhaust. It gives you better kill potential when your jungler comes to gank for you or in a 1v1 fight. Teleport is not needed because you have your ultimate, Stand United, and Barrier is not a worth while summoner to grab on a tank, without the threat of Ignite the targets you attack will be more inclined to ignore you and focus other higher priority targets.
In a team fight as Shen you will always be doing one of two things:
1. Helping your team dive the enemy back line
2. Protecting your back line with your
Stand United and Shadow Dash.
Which to do is up to you to decide and you can usually make the decision by looking at your team composition and comparing it to the enemy's team composition. It's more important to dive or peel for hyper carries such as Vayne, Kog'Maw, and Tristana, while it's less important to dive or peel for champions like Graves, Corki, and Ezreal, all of which are in general more slippery than hyper carries and do less sustained damage in a team fight. Gold values also matter a lot. I'd much rather peel for a 10/0 Graves than try to dive the 1/15 Vayne with a Bilgewater Cutlas and Boots of Speed at 20 minutes in. It will also be easier to dive if you have champions with strong gap closers on your team that you can Stand United onto such as Ahri, Evelynn, Vi, Nocturne, and Malphite.
1. Shadow Dash + Flash: Using Flash during your Shadow Dash will allow you to taunt enemies at the spot you flash to. This is effective because you can start a taunt and then Flash on the enemy when you get close enough, giving them little time to react. You can also taunt someone in one spot, then Flash while the dash is still going to catch a second person or clumped group of people in the taunt.
2. Cancelling Stand United with Flash: Spamming Flash near the end of Stand United will cancel it, giving the shield but not taking you to your target. This can be worthwhile if the situation you are jumping to has gone awry and teleporting into their would mean your demise.
3. DON'T USE Stand United IF THE TARGET WILL NOT LIVE FOR THE LENGTH OF THE CHANNEL: Way too many Shens use their ultimate on a target who is low health and has no chance of surviving for the duration of the channel. This is a bad idea because your ult will go on cooldown, you won't save anybody, and you won't get to the fight, which will almost assuredly make it a lost cause and you'll be stuck alone in top lane to feel sad about ulting the wrong target. Pick someone that can benefit from the shield, put you in a good position, and live long enough for the channel of Stand United to finish.