Aatrox Build Guide by SeekerOfJustice
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Other good items
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi! I'm SeekerOfJustice from EU West server and I will show you the newest champion Aatrox, The Darkin Blade. He is a melee dps champ, with good mobility, sustain, damage and lifesteal, he is indeed a good jungler. He's based on his AA, so his build is a mixture of attack damage, attack speed and lifesteal, with some health for more survivability.
(English isn't my first language so excuse any grammatical errors i made)
+ Insane damage and life steal
+ Passive like a Guardian Angel
+ Good escape with Dark Flight
+ No waste mana with Massacre
- Weak against hard CC
- Low base defensive stats
- You must know when to toggle off/on Blood Thirst/ Blood Price
Innate Passive: Whenever Aatrox uses an ability that costs health, he stores 100% of the health cost into his Blood Well. The maximum amount of health the Blood Well can store is equal to 30 + (45 x level). If Aatrox has not dealt or received damage in the last 5 seconds, his Blood Well will deplete at a rate of 2% per second.
Upon taking fatal damage, Blood Well activates and places Aatrox in stasis for 3 seconds. Over the stasis duration the Blood Well is emptied and Aatrox restores health equal to its contents plus 10.5 + (15.75 x level). Blood Well's activation has a static cooldown and is unaffected by cooldown reduction.
Also, Aatrox passively increases his attack speed by 1% for every 2% in the Blood Well.
-Well, this passive is like a Guardian Angel, but in addition give a lot of attack speed. Must be full charged at death, so that earnings the max health as possible, to charge Blood Well quickly, poke with Blood Price on the enemy champion, regain healt with Blood Thirst
Active: Aatrox takes flight and slams down at a targeted location, dealing physical damage in a large area. Enemies in the center of the blast are also knocked up for 1 second.
-This is Aatrox's initiation skill, use to start a fight or go back in bad situation. The knock time of Dark Flight doesn't increase like slowing time of Blades of Torment, that why is better upgrade yhis skill for last.
Passive: TOGGLE OFF: Aatrox heals himself on every third attack. If Aatrox is below 50% health he will heal for three times as much.
TOGGLE ON: Aatrox deals bonus physical damage on every third attack at the cost of health.
-The skill about who is based Aatrox, for farm using Blood Thirst, Aatrox excels as a duelist, able to switch to Blood Price for heavy burst damage when trading with his lane opponent. If you can kill the enemy champion steal life on minion as fast as possible.
Active: Aatrox unleashes and sends forward the power of his blade, dealing magic damage to enemies in a line and slowing them by 40% for a few seconds.
-Very good to chase an enemy champion or run away from him, this is the second must be upgrade.
Final Active: Aatrox draws in the blood of his foes, dealing magic damage to nearby enemy champions.
For the next 12 seconds, Aatrox gains bonus attack speed and 175 bonus attack range (325 total range). His attacks are still considered melee.
-This Skill is very usefull, conbined with Tiamat and Blood Price do a lot of AoE damage in teamfight, the extra attack speed is very good for recharge your life quickly.
-You start the battle
-Begins the battle with Dark Flight, Blood Price must be on to do de max damage as possible (before the battle, recharge lost the health with Blood Thirst). When the enemy is knock up active Massacre and after burn his health with some AAs, he try to run away? Blades of Torment+ Ignite (if you haven't ignite use Exhaust or chase him with Ghost). If the enemy is another Aatrox or a champion with lot of lifesteal like Xin Zhao use ignite before.
-He start the battle
-Depending on the enemy, but anyone both, toggle on Blood Price, active Massacre:
- He is winning or his jungler is coming? Blades of Torment+ Dark Flight+ Flash or Ghost or Exhaust back to your tower, Bye!
- You are winning or your jungler is coming? Blades of Torment+ Dark Flight+ Flash or Ghost or Exhaust to chase+ Ignite, Bye!
Aatrox’s mobility gives him an innate ability to pressure enemy carries in team fights. Blood Thirst grants plenty of sustain as he tangos with enemy initiators and tanks. When he sees an opportunity to reach an enemy carry, Dark Flight closes the gap and allows the punishment to begin. When Aatrox is in deep, the area of effect burst and extra range from Massacre, and slow on Blades of Torment prevent high-value targets from escaping. All the while the consistent healing from Blood Thirst and resurrection effect from Blood Well keep him alive long enough to cut through enemy squishies.
If Aatrox’s team is on the defensive, a well-aimed Blades of Torment can slow multiple enemies and open a window for retreating allies to slip away. Alternately, he can kite enemies with Dark Flight, and create an opportunity for the remainder of his team to turn and counter-initiate. If you are focused, Blood Thirst’s sustain and the Blood Well keep him in the fight, giving his teammates an opportunity to cut through foes as he resurrects and delivers the killing blow.
- 21/9/0: best tree upgrade for Aatrox, all to increase Armor Penetration, Attack Damage, Attack Speed. Sorcery is USLESS for Aatrox, his second spell have 0,5 seconds of cooldown, for the other spells, have 2% of seconds less isn't useful, if you are good with him need only one time to use Dark Flight and Blades of Torment
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
- Greater Seal of Armor+ Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Increase base stats, against a possible Ad or AP enemy champion
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage+ Greater Mark of Armor Penetration: As usual, doubts remain about the runes, i think this is the best mixture of armor penetration and attack damage for Aatrox, can switch in Greater Quintessence of Armor Penetration+ Greater Mark of Attack Damage but never do AD marks + AD quints or ArPen marks + ArPen quints
- Blade of the Ruined King is more better.
:It can be buy as second or last item, because gain much AD and lifesteal. But at early game a
- The Black Cleaver because get more damage and some health, but can be buy together to increase a lot the ArPen, therefore also increase the health
gain from lifesteal (can replace The Black Cleaver against an enemy team with lot of armor).
: I prefer teke
- Aatrox, some critical chance and damage can be very useful, because doubles (+50% with IE) the AAs's lifesteal (can replace The Bloodthirster).
: I recommend this item for
- The Bloodthirster).
: a mixture of attack damage, armor penetration, cooldown reduction and critical strike chance, in additional an active effect that icreases for few second movement and attack speed, good to chase enemies (can replace
- Aatrox, good replace instead of The Bloodthirster).
: attack speed and damage, cooldown reduction and movement speed passive give tenacity against CC spells (so is very good for
- Maw of Malmortius give attack damage an magic resistance, but the active effect remove all debuffs like Cleanse, good items for Aatrox against ALL CC (airbone and knock back aren't included, they are heaviest CC in the game, can replace The Bloodthirster against a enemy team with lot of CC).
- Aatrox because is very good to chase an enemy.
: much bonus healt and some attack damage, plus your basic attack slow the enemy, I reccomend this item for
- Frozen Mallet it don't give attack damage, but it is the item with more HP in the game and the passive increases the health regeneration for more survivability (can replace Frozen Mallet).
: unlike the
- Frozen Mallet against heavy AD enemy team)
: give a lot of armor and health, passive is very good to run away or annoy enemies in teamfight (can replace
- Aatrox, especially if the enemy team is composed mainly of AP champion, because give a lot of magic resistance an some health, also increase the total of lifesteal, healing effect and health regeneration by 20% (very good with Ravenous Hydra, can replace Frozen Mallet against heavy AP enemy team).
:I recommend this item for
sight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight wardsight ward
- sight ward saves you from enemy ganks, see the blue circles, where you can put your wards.
|To take kills and to do some tricks or escape in bad situations, can be replaced with Ghost, because you already have Dark Flight for ista-escape. (combined with Ignite or Exhaust)|
|Very good at begin for 1vs1 and if the enemy champion try to run away (combined with Ignite or Flash)|
|To chase an enemy of run away quickly, i don't think is the best pick for Aatrox (combined with Ignite)|
|Ignite is great for first blood or securing a kill (combined with all)|
Terms and uses of the game
GG: good game! / BG: bad game!
GJ: good job!
WP: well play!
GL & HF: good luck and have fun!!!
OMG: Oh my God :O
STFU: Erhm... keep quiet...
SS: Missing, write it when an enemy go away from your lane
Re: Returned, write it when the missing enemy return
Skills, Abilities, Stats and Other:
AP: Ability Power
AD: Attack Damage
MR: Magic Resistance
MP: Magic Penetration
ArPen: Armor Penetration
CdR: Cooldown Reduction
DpS: Damage x second
Aoe: Area Of Effect
AA: Auto attack, normal attack (right click)
CC: Crowd Control is divide into:
-Hard CC like Stun, Silence or Airbone (An abilities like Whimsy is included in Hard CC)
-Soft CC like Blind, Slow or Snare
I say thank at:
- jhoijhoi for the guide on how to make guides
- my friend God of Doom, because he help to write this words
- You beacuse you are reading now!