Ahri Build Guide by UnGlame
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I have been playing Ahri ever since she joined League of Legends. I have started to try out Ahri and I have won many matches because of her. With this item build - runes - masteries, there's no way you cannot win with her (:
Enjoy the video! (:
Caution: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF BEING CHARMED FOR LIFE BY
Please do give me your opinions and I will look into them and improvise the guide! (:
Most importantly, lots of credits to jhoijhoi for giving me so much help to make this guide!
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros [+] vs Cons [-]
+ Ranged champion
+ AOE (Area of Effect) Spells
+ Great mobility with ultimate Spirit Rush
+ Reverse of Orb of Deception deals true damage, counters high MR
+ Insane spellvamp mid-late game.
+ OP crowd control skill: Charm
+ Spells have low mana cost!
- Squishy (especially at early-mid game)
- Charm is hard to cast on when there are enemy minions or tanks to block and protect.
- Needs to get close enough to enemies to deal high damage.
- If she dies when she casts Spirit Rush once, the other two dashes will be wasted. (unless Yorick casts Omen of Death on you)
I choose a 21 0 9 masteries set for Ahri because she needs extra damage from the offense side as well as lane sustainability from the utilities side.
The reason is because Ahri already has her Essence Theft, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Rod of Ages, Will of the Ancients, Charm and Spirit Rush to prevent herself from dying! Also, the masteries used in Utilities are very useful. They help you Flash more, recall faster, replenish your Mana and lengthens the duration of buffs!
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Gives great amount of bonues Ability Power.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Gives lots of Magic Penetration (MRPEN)
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Sufficient Armour is needed as early as possible as mages often have very low Armour at early levels.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Constant build up of Magic Resist (MR) is also needed to be able to survive magic attacks through out the game.
Ignite: Helps secure kills and fight healers/life-stealers/spell-vampers etc with it's reduction of healing effects.
Flash: A majority of champions use this spell because of its powerful and multiple uses e.g. Chasing, escaping, dodging, sudden attacks.
Teleport: Being able to gank or go to a certain
Heal: Surprise and comeback the enemy during fight with heal. This also enhances the team's survivability.
A little tip on using Teleport:
This is what I do when I'm solo mid with Teleport.
The other way of using Sight Ward to Teleport is by placing them at my mid brushes. When the enemy solo mid knows I've returned to base, they may be confident enough to push and attack the turret and that is the moment I Teleport to the Sight Ward and backstab them.
- Essence Theft: This gives Ahri lots of healing when in lane. The given 35% spell vamp can be maximised by hitting as many units as possible when you cast a spell with Essence Theft. Also, this stacks very well with Will of the Ancients. Note: When at mid, casting Orb of Deception at as many units a possible when Essence Theft is active will give Ahri at least 30% healing!
- Orb of Deception (Q): LOVE this spell. BE SURE to hit the enemy as much as possible with it for harrassment. Enemies tend to dodge this spell by moving away sideways. Hence, anticipate their movements and cast it to where you think they are going. This needs skill and experience, keep in mind; Practice makes perfect.
- Fox-Fire (W): This is a very cool spell as it does not require any skillshot. The best thing is, the fox-fires will automatically target enemy champions. You just need to cast it and let 3 of the fox-fires hit the enemies as long as you are near enough.
- Charm (E): The crowd control 'Charm' is only used by Ahri. No other champions use this crowd control, so be proud! This is similar to the crowd control 'Taunt', the difference is that Charm does not allow the enemy to attack the caster, it only commands them to move towards them.
- Spirit Rush (R): Spirit Rush is simply awesome. It allows you to chase and escape (dealing high damage in the meantime). Ahri is able to dash through thin terrains with Spirit Rush and she can do that for THREE TIMES.
Hence when you are ganking and chasing, etc, you can anticipate the enemy's action and be able to chase them.
For example, The enemy is fighting halfway with one of your teammate and you just reached the battlefield. The enemy flees by flashing through the wall and that is when you chase with your Spirit Rush and finish them. Spamming all 3 dashes at the start will not maximise Spirit Rush's use because you will not be able to chase in the end.
Note that the 3 dashes that Spirit Rush gives also helps you to short dive by dashing in and out of a dangerous area while finishing an opponent and then escaping.
Ability Sequence Order
Apparently, Ahri's ultimate Spirit Rush must be upped whenever possible; at Level 6, 11 and 16.
The next most important ability to max is Orb of Deception because it is very useful for harassing and easier to take kills with a longer range than Fox-Fire.
Fox-Fire is, of course, the next ability to max for further harassment and faster activation of passive Essence Theft
Finally, up Charm at level 2 and max it last because you only need it for crowd control of your enemies.
The compulsory items that will fill up the 5 slots:
: Ahri needs this as early as possible to be able to damage and dodge skills more easily, and to escape a gank.
: Annoys the enemy because they cannot outharass you. Gives 40 ability power and 12% spell vamp that keeps Ahri in high health percentage.
: It is time to upgrade your Boots of Speed, now that you have your Hextech Revolver. The early 20 magic penetration and 9 MRPEN from the runes is enough to hurt your foes.
: Rod of Ages is awesome for Ahri, a must buy. It gives accumulative health, mana and ability power! A good item to be bought early.
Note: I tend to Catalyst the Protector first if I am not having many kills at start. If I am owning with multiple kills, I will take Blasting Wand first.
: After Rod of Ages (ROA in short), finish your Hextech Revolver to make Will of the Ancients (WOTA in short). It provides an aura for your allies and gives more stats with just 900 Gold.
: After completing WOTA, it is time to plainly boost your damage with Rabadon's Deathcap. The unique passive, 'increased AP by 30%' is applicable to Doran's Ring, Will of the Ancients, Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter. This gives a high amount of AP for Ahri.
: This is a great item for many mages, because this gives a lot of health, ability power and a 'slow' proc when casting spells. The bonus health in rylai's scepter with Rod of Ages gives Ahri a huge lot of health.
1. Get this when your opponents have very high magic resist, so that you can penetrate them easily with your spells.
2. Get this when your team has several AP casters and/or the opponent has painful AP casters. Inform your teammates if you are going for this item.
3. Get this when the enemy team has insane CC and they always aim you. the shield Banshee's Veil gives is very beneficial to team fights.
4. You can also get this when your opponent tends to aim you during team fights and they have very strong AD dealers. Pressing the active on the right time changes the tide of the game!
5. This is a great item for Ahri; high AP, CDR and Mana regen/5sec (MP5)!
6. I don't fully recommend this, but it does have it's own good use; provides high AP, mana, magic resist and a very good passive. Get this only when you are playing with noobs!
Ahri Win Streak by UnGlamie
Ahri Win Streak 2 by UnGlamie
Ahri 1b by UnGlamie
Ahri 2b by UnGlamie
Ahri 3 by UnGlamie
These are the glorious matches I've played, if you too have great wins with this build, send me your screenshots and I'll post them here!
You have come to the end of the guide! If you like it, vote it up! If you don't, comment below and tell me what's wrong (: Thank you for looking through this guide - It's my first guide and I gave a lot of effort to it! :D
Drawing done by Tekkanomaki-Chan.
- Published! - 8 Mar 2012, 00 02
- Uploaded some images of 'evidences'
Added information for 6th item - 13 Mar 2012, 23 29
- Rewrote "Pros and Cons" and "Masteries" because they.. disappeared
Added a nice picture of Ahri at the Summary
Edited more colourful and appealing texts - 15 Mar 2012, 01 23
- Updated the item build. - 30 Jul 2012, 07 40
Ahri (아리) - The Fox in the Middle (still testing for S3)
FOXFIRe AHRI HERE - AP Ahri guide for Season 3
[S3, Patch 3.7] Ahri ~ The Disposition in the Middle
Ahri - Cunning like a human-fox