Ahri Build Guide by Zahand
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Zahand's Ahri Guide
Hey everyone. This is my guide for Ahri - "The Nine Tailed Fox". I worked hard to make this guide the best I could, and I would appreciate any and all feedback that you guys may provide
I put a fair amount of effort into this guide, so I do implore you to reconsider any downvotes pending the actual trial and testing of my guide that I imagine you are planning to do. And above all, thank you for taking the time to read this
And I still haven't lost with her. ( After 14 games, I finally lost.)
I used the help of JHOIJHOI's guide: How to make a guide. Thank you JHOIJHOI
Remember that this is just a guide. You are free to do whatever you want :)
NOTE: Sometimes you only see the top 8 Chapters. Please Refresh. there are more:)
Pictures of This build
Here are some of my best games in one picture. (I did NOT win all of them in row. Just my best plays placed in one pic.
[15.12.12] 16:58 GMT +1: Added "1v1 fighting" Chapter
[15.12.12] 19:39 GMT +1: Added "SmartCasting" Chapter,
[15.12.12] 19:42 GMT +1: Added More Items, in Items Chapter. Some changes on runes
[16.12.12] 19:46 GMT +1: Added "Pictures of This Build" Chapter. Some change on ability Sequence.
[17.12.12] 12:46 GMT +1: Added new rune. And 1 more item.
+Three built in flashes
+Not so mana-hungry (Not for me anyways)
-AP-ratois could be better
-Squishy early game
-Lots of SkillShots*
*Not a Con, but just so you now.
I run 21-0-9,
Taking everything in AP in the offensive tree
And in the Utility Tree I take MP5 Mana/lvl, +20% Buff-duration
You can also run 9-0-21 if that is what you're used to.
Again. Totally after preference.
: You can choose which type you want. I prefer AP.
: Best Marks for Casters. Trying to lower the enemies MR as much as possible early game.
: You are going to face another AP caster so this will help you sruvuve a litte longer in lane. You can also take two MP-glyphs so you reach 10 MP, which I have seen a lot of pros do.
- greater seal of Replenishment Not much to say. Take whatever you want. I like having some extra Mana per 5.
Flash: I use Flash on everyone. You can choose to drop flash. But then you don't have any form for escape if you ult is on CD.
Teleport You can also choose to take Teleport if you wish.
Ignite: Perfect if the enemy managed to escape, with low life.
Exhaust: Exhaust is also good we don't want the enemy get away from you right., also you reduce 10 of enemies armor+m.resist with "Summoner Wrath".
- Soul Eater: Every time one of Ahri's Abilities hit an enemy champion, you will get charge of Soul Eater. When you reach 9 charges, Ahri's next spell will have 35% Spell Vamp.
- Orb of Deception (Q)SkillShot: She throws her Orb, which then comes back
This is an amazing spell. Hitting the enemy/mobs twice. Dealing damage on the way out and dealing True Damage, on the way back.
- Fire-Fox (W): She unleashes three little fire-bolts, which after a short delay attack the enemies. They prioritizes enemy champions first.
- Charm (E)SkillShot: Ahri blows a kiss that damages and charms an enemy it encounters, causing them to walk harmlessly towards her.
Very Nice CC. If you time it properly you can make them Tower Dive and hopefully die. Just make sure that the enemy mobs are dead.
- Spirit Rush (R): Ahri dashes forward and fires essence bolts, damaging 3 nearby champions. Spirit Rush can be cast up to three times before going on cooldown.
Most awesome ult ever. THREE inbuilt flashes, which also deal damage. 'Nuff Said
If you want to master Ahri, or any other champion, you should learn to SmartCast. It will allow you to cast spells rapidly after each other. Much faster than they normally would.
What is SmartCasting, and how do you do it?
Smartcasting can be done in two ways.
Option 1: You can choose to hold down the Shift key, and then press the designed button for you champions spells.
Option 2: You can alter the key-bindings, by pressing "ESC" in-game, -> "Key Bindings".
Scroll down and you will see "Smart Cast Spell 1", change that to Q. Do this with the remaining three spells.
What it does
What is does is that is targets the champions you mouse is over. You don't have to confirm by pressing LMB
Example: Lets say that you are playing as Brand. You want to use Conflagration on an enemy champion. Just press "E" while your mouse is above the enemy champion. And the spell will be used on the enemy champions right away.
Let me ask you a question; Have you ever played Karthus?
Yes? Well his Lay Waste is a SmartCast spell by Default.
- We want to max out Orb of Deception first. As this is your main damaging spell, good mob-cleaner and good to harass with. Take Fox-Fire and Charm on level 2-4 and leave them there.
- After we have maxed Orb of Deception we want to max out Fox-Fire
- Lastly we max Charm
What you can do is that you can max Charm before Fox-Fire so that the CC lasts 2 sec. All up to you.
NOTE: Take Spirit Rush at Levels: 6-11-16.
I just want to say that this is not in order. Just what I usually end up buying.
: Nice Starting item. Giving us health, MP5, and 15 AP.
: AS I said before. We want to lower the enemies MR as much as possible. With these shoes, masteries and runes. We should deal almost true damage with every spell at early game
- Catalyst the Protector: We NEED the life and mana this gives us. We're not building Rod of Ages yet.
: Every caster should have this item. EVERY.
: Ability Power, and the much needed HP and Mana.
: AMAZING in Ahri. This actually saved me couple of times, combined with her passive
- Optional, but Recommended. Amazing for Ahri. Easier to chase down enemies.: We don't want an Ahri who deals huge amounts of damage, but still dies in two shots. Want we?
- WHAIT, WHAAAAT?. This item doesn't even exist anymore. <- You're probably thinking that right now. I know that. You can buy whatever you want. Another Rabadon's Deathcap? Why not. Maybe some more CDR with Deathfire Grasp Go for it. :) I do recommend Will of the Ancients.
: If you don't get blue buff, then get this
: If you struggle a bit, against you enemy laner, buy on emore Doran's Ring. I usually buy 1 or 2 more, if I get harassed a lot
: Well, not every match will go your way. If you see that the enemy AD carry is getting a bot to scary for you to handle without any help. Buy this
Same as above. Only this time that AP-carry that is getting out of hand.
- Kage's Lucky Pick: Sometimes, you get zoned out. ( The enemy doesn't let you get any farm. (Minion kills))
Well. Start with Charm. While he is running towards you use -> Orb of Deception Immediately after that use -> Fox-Fire
NOTE: If you have 40% CDR (Which is the hardhat), your cooldowns will be (at level 18):
As you see, Charm has a CD of 7.2 sec. So DON'T MISS.
Use Spirit Rush if needed.
Team Fights/ Fights
Ahri should, (as any other caster) stay in the back. You WILL NOT brainlessly run into their team just to kill that Teemo, who only has 50 HP left. Try focusing their carries. Maybe use your Spirit Rush to get into position where you can use Charm and separate the carry from the rest of the team.
The most important things you have to remember is:
- Stay alive (DUH!) A dead Ahri is a useless Ahri.
- Help your teammates out. Don't start calling names, or go AFK if someone on your team screws up. And don't blame your teammates. ( Read this if you recognize youself. (<- Link press me))
- And if you win or loose, don't be an a**hole and write things like "NOOBS", "Easy".
The end of our trip.
I hope you liked my guide. If there is anything you think I have to change or add. Just comment