Ahri Build Guide by chaoxtech
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Ahri Guide - "Should I make your pulse rise?"
Ahri Mid-lane Guide: WORK IN PROGRESS
Stuff to do:
[*] Skill Sequence
[*] Summary of Play
[*] 'More Detail' Column
Hi Mobafire! This is how I play Ahri. I am not a pro, but I love playing League of Legends and especially solo-mid casters such as Ahri. I built this guide for myself as a reminder, but I think it's time to show the world. Also, this is not a definitive guide on Ahri, but merely the way I play her. Please leave opinions and constructive criticism! This build is mainly used for Mid-lane Ahri, but with a few tweaks, can be used for bottom lane. Also, strong last-hit capabilities and skill-shots are a must!
DON'T JUST BLINDLY FOLLOW BUILDS. THE CHEAT SHEET AT THE TOP IS FOR A CURSORY GLANCE AT SOME ITEM SUGGESTIONS, NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO EVERY TIME. PLEASE DON'T ACT UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT THIS IS WHAT I ALWAYS DO. I BUILD DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
Thanks jhoijhoi for the template: Click here for his amazing tutorial.
Pros / Cons
+ Great damage potential
+ Amazing mobility and gank escaping
+ Essence Theft has high spell-vamp
+ High burst and area damage with Orb of Deception
+ Fox-Fire and Spirit Rush have priority to Champions
+ Extremely powerful ranged attacks
+ Many multiple shot abilities (Orb of Deception has AOE, Fox-Fire has 3, Charm has 1, Spirit Rush has 3*3)
- Very squishy
- Being able to skill-shot is a must
- Needs lots of farm (thankfully lessened by the power of a good Orb of Deception)
- Gets focused a lot
- Low mobility while skills are on cooldown
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: 8.55 magic penetration helps deal more damage all throughout the game. I prefer these over any other mark because magic penetration is ALWAYS a good thing to have.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration: 10.53 magic regeneration at level 18. Ahri is mana hungry throughout the game and the bit of magic regeneration should be able to lessen the stress it puts on you. I prefer Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration over Greater Seal of Replenishment because the former gives more magic regeneration after level 6.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: 27.54 ability power at level 18. This little bit of added ability power can help alleviate the low AP/damage ratio of her skills. Also helps a lot late game over Greater Glyph of Ability Power, as Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power becomes better at level 6 as well.
- Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power: 23.22 ability power at level 18. Much like Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power, these runes will help you power through those tougher champions. Also the Rabadon's Deathcap passive adds an extra 15 ability power towards the runes.
This is just a standard AP/Aggressive build that's suitable for nearly every caster. Just a few variations and why I prefer that way over another.
Summoner's Wrath over 4th Mental Force : Whenever Ignite is on cooldown, which should be quite often, you'll receive an extra 5 AD and AP, which is much better over the constant 1 AP of the 4th Mental Force
Improved Recall over Summoner's Insight : Just a personal preference. I don't think that the 15 seconds cooldown will help very much, especially since you already have a low cooldown triple-flash ( Spirit Rush) and you'll be going back for items quite often. Plus, if you're getting surrounded and you have that extra second quicker recall, you can escape quite well.
Flash: Absolutely necessary for any champion. Equivalent to an extra Spirit Rush, this skill will be able to help you escape from ganks better than any other skill. Being an AP mage and generally squishy, you want the added mobility.
Teleport: I like Teleport so I can quickly support for ganks and team fights. Also, after a visit to heal, you can quickly get back into your own lane. I recommend this if you are a newer player and can't get that last hit out with ignite, securing a kill. If you choose to get this, get Summoner's Insight and the 4th Mental Force .
Ignite: Ignite is my go-to spell for more aggressive play, just for that extra bit of damage. The true damage is really nice and it reduces the effect of healing by 50%. Also, the added 5 AD and AP is nice when Ignite is on cooldown.
I take Orb of Deception first so I can get some harass and good damage. At level 2, I get Charm so I have a way to get out if it gets bad in a skirmish. I get another level in Orb of Deception at level 3 so I can do even more splash damage for good harass and last hitting mass amounts of minions. Remember to level up your ultimate, Spirit Rush at levels 6, 11, and 16.
I like to max out my Orb of Deception first so when I get my Needlessly Large Rod or Sorcerer's Boots, I can 1-hit the ranged minions and do good damage to squishy laners. With the passive, you can lane for a lot longer than you'd expect, simply because of the damage output and the heavy healing from the 30% spell vamp. Maxing out Orb of Deception, then Fox-Fire, and finally Charm helps you get the most damage in the early laning phases. If you get ganked heavily in your lane, upgrade your Charm to level 2 or 3 as soon as possible so you can run away easier while your Spirit Rush is on cooldown