Ahri Build Guide by Thecursed
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, Summoners! Thecürsed here with my very first guide. I have decided to do a guide about Ahri, as she is one of my favorite champs to play. Please rate and comment. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I believe constructive criticism is amazing. Please do not downvote simply because the items/masteries/runes are not YOUR preference. Thank you and enjoy!
Pros / Cons
+ Great Burst Damage
+ Good Escape
+ Can Get to the Carries
+ Good CC
+ Good Harass
+ She's part fox(how cool is that!)
- Squishy Early On
- Full Build is Expensive
- Mana Problems Early
- Reliant on Creeps for Items
- Tail Animation is Off
This section was copied from http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri_the_9_Tails_Fox and I take no credit for the information provided.
- ESSENCE THEFT: (Passive): Ahri gains a charge of Essence Theft whenever one of her spells hits an enemy. This caps at 3 charges per spell cast. Upon reaching 9 charges, Ahri's next spell will have 35% bonus spell vamp.
- ORB OF DECEPTION (Q): (Active): Ahri sends out an orb in a line in front of her and then pulls it back, dealing magic damage on the way out and true damage on the way back.
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana
Magic Damage: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+0.33 per ability power)
True Damage: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+0.33 per ability power)
- FOX-FIRE (W): (Active): Ahri releases three fox-fires to surround her for up to 5 seconds. After a short delay after cast, they will target nearby enemies, prioritizing champions, to deal magic damage to them. Additional fox-fires that hit the same target will only deal 50% damage.
Cost: 60 mana
Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds
Magic Damage Per Fox-Fire: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+0.38 per ability power)
Maximum Damage to the Same Target Per Cast: 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+0.76 per ability power)
- CHARM (E): (Active): Ahri will blow a kiss that travels in a line in front of her. It will deal magic damage and charm the first enemy it encounters, forcing them to walk harmlessly towards her, while being slowed by 50% for the duration.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cost: 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 mana
Magic Damage: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+0.35 per ability power)
Charm Duration: 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 seconds
- SPIRIT RUSH (R): (Active): Ahri dashes towards the cursor and fires essence bolts, dealing magic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies, prioritizing champions. In the next 10 seconds, Spirit Rush can be cast two additional times before going on cooldown. Each enemy can only be hit once per dash.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 110 / 95 / 80 seconds
Magic Damage Per Bolt: 100 / 140 / 180 (+0.3 per ability power)
Max Magic Damage: 300 / 420 / 540 (+0.9 per ability power)
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Seal of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: All around a good choice for any AP champ. You may be wondering why I didn't go with Greater Quintessence of Spell Vamp despite my title. I feel that 6% spell vamp for over 6k IP isn't really worth it since by the end of this build, you will have 35% spell vamp and that is without Ahri's 35% spell vamp passive.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Magic Penetration. Doesn't need an explanation. Good early game especially in mid lane with the AP carry.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Gives that extra AP oomph early and late game. Once again, great for harass on that mid lane champ. Yes I know that above it says Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power above, but that is only because MOBAFIRE doesn't have Greater Glyph of Ability Power in the list.
- Greater Seal of Ability Power: Same as above.
I know some people prefer to have scaling Ability/Magic Penetration runes, but I find these to help to own the lane early and to zone the other champ denying them creep kills due to their turret. Even though scaling runes end up being more by the time you hit 18, you will still end up with over 450 AP, plenty of spell vamp, and magic penetration from items and masteries.
When it comes to masteries, you start getting the usual AP masteries: Mental Force , Sorcery , Arcane Knowledge , Blast , and Archmage .
"Well why didn't you continue to the end and get Executioner ?" Simply because putting a point into the last of any tree is a waste. Just because they are the last does not mean they are the best. As a player, you want to maximize what's available and those last masteries aren't helping you accomplish that.
Heading over to the utility tree and getting Expanded Mind and MEDIATION to get that extra mana and mana regen to help alleviate some of Ahri's early and late game mana problems.
Finally, getting Transmutation rounds things off with some early game spell vamp combined with your passive. "But you just told us 6% spell vamp from Greater Quintessence of Spell Vamp wasn't worth it, but 3% spell vamp instead of the extra damage from the offense tree is?" The answer is yes. Getting those Greater Quintessence of Ability Power to get that extra AP early game is more worth it than the spell vamp. All in all, you start out with 55 AP as the game starts with 3% spell vamp and the ability to get 38% within a few casts.
In summary, Ahri is one of my favorite champs and this is how I like to play her. If you have any suggestions, comments, questions feel free to comment in the section below. And please do not simply downvote and just say "bad" or "sucks". Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks and enjoy!
FOXFIRe AHRI HERE - AP AHRI; Season 3
[S3] Ahri ~ The Disposition in the Middle
Ahri - Cunning like a human-fox
The Nine-Tailed Fox (구미호)
By Ahri Fox Fire