Akali Build Guide by Jaitiso
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys, my names Tom or Brumpet in-game. Akali was one of the first champions (except: Yi and Nidalee, and Brand, Xerath, Jax, Tryndamere). Akali has always stood out for me as a champion who perfectly fits my play style. Weird huh… (Brand Xerath xD). At the moment she does not really fit into the current Meta, however she is an assassin. This is how I play Akali; it works really well in the current patch (After URF).
Pros / Cons Of Akali
Pros / Cons
+ TONS of Burst
+ Easy Escapes with W / R
+ Tons of Mobility
+ Easy Farming
+ High Sustain
+ Snowballs MASSIVELY if you get a kill pre 6
+ No Mana :-D
- Easy to learn, really hard to master
- Lots of counters
- Item Dependant
- Crowd control rapes her
- Squishy :(
- Weak Pre 6
- Vision Wards RAPE HER HARD
One VS One Combos
• Always Q to harass and farm
• If you are level 2. You need to Q, then W. While sheathed, run towards the marked target and use an auto attack for the mark. And then go back into stealth.
• However if you are level 3. You need to Q and then W and E. And then go back into stealth.
• If you are above level 6 here use your Q and THEN use your R and E to activate the mark and finally W if you need to run.
Team Fight Positioning, Combos and Role
In team fights Akali is an assassin, you need to wait for your tank to go in. As soon as this happens, and the enemy are focusing your tank, tunnel vision xD. You need to dive onto their ADC, use your 1v1 combo (above) to 1 shot them. When there dead, or you’re in trouble (fails) you can use your R to jump to their tank, or the closest enemy to your team. Rinse and repeat onto the APC as quick as you can, you might just jump from ADC to APC if no one is going for you.
Try to pick people off before team fights so you don't have to worry about the support (Leona) locking you up.
Passive - Twin Disciplines
• Akali’s basic attacks deal additional 6% bonus magic damage, increasing by 1% for every 6 AP.
• Akali gains 6% Spell Vamp, increasing by 1% for every 6 Bonus AD
Q - Mark of the Assassin – Costs 60/60/60/60/60 Energy
• Akali throws a Kama at a target dealing magic damage and marking the target for 6 seconds.
• Akali’s basic attacks will trigger the mark. Dealing bonus magic damage and restoring energy.
W – Twilight shroud – Costs 80/75/70/65/60 Energy
• Akali throws down a cover of smoke.
• While inside the area, Akali gains Armour and Magic Resistance and becomes invisible.
• Attacking or using ability will briefly reveal her.
• Enemies inside the smoke have their Movement Speed reduced
E – Crescent Slash – Costs 60/55/50/45/40 Energy
• Akali flourishes her Kamas, dealing damage based on her AD and AP.
• Crescent Slash will also activate the mark of the assassin as well as auto attack will
R – Shadow Dance – Costs 1 Essence of Shadow Charge
• Akali jumps to her target and deals damage.
• Akali recharges Essence of Shadow Charges both periodically and upon kills and assists, max 3 stacks.
''The Fist of Shadow strikes from the cover of death itself. Do not impede the balance.''
There exists an ancient order originating in the Ionian Isles dedicated to the preservation of balance. Order, chaos, light, darkness -- all things must exist in perfect harmony for such is the way of the universe. This order is known as the Kinkou and it employs a triumvirate of shadow warriors to uphold its causes in the world. Akali is one of these shadow warriors, entrusted with the sacred duty of Pruning the Tree - eliminating those who threaten the equilibrium of Valoran.
A prodigal martial artist, Akali began training with her mother as soon as she could make a fist. Her mother's discipline was relentless and unforgiving, but predicated on the fundamental principle: ''We do that which must be done.'' When the Kinkou inducted her into the order at the age of fourteen, she could slice a dangling chain with a chop of her hand. There was no question - she would succeed her mother as the Fist of Shadow. She has had to do much in this role which others might find morally questionable, but to her it is in service of her mother's inviolable doctrine. She now works with her fellows Shen and Kennen to enforce the balance of Valoran. This hallowed pursuit has unsurprisingly led the triumvirate to the Fields of Justice.