Akali Build Guide by Aiskie
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Introduction and who is Akali?
THIS GUIDE IS NOT COMPLETE! PLEASE DONT RATE OR COMMENT IT!
Please Read! In the following chapters i will use different abbreviations of words which are used in the League of Legends such as AP or AD or MIA.
If u dont know the meaning of these abbreviations you can read it here:
If you cant find it there then you can read the other replies or ask your friend google.
I'm sure you will find the right answer there!
In this guide several words are marked with coulors.
Here is a list of all the words or meanings I colored and with which colour I did this.
Akali is a melee, AP based, burst damage dealing assassin.
She is extremely strong on all lanes especially against squishy mid mages and AD carrys.
With her ultimate Shadow Dance she's able to charge the hell out of her enemies (more about her ultimate later).
The facts that she has energy instead of mana and also a passive which gains her spell vamp make her to the perfect mid champ. Otherwise she is also often played on Solo-Top.
That she is an assassin means that she is supposed to hunt and kill squishy (AP/AD) carries (like Veigar or Caitlyn) what makes her to an "Anti-Carry"
Akali's skills are:
Akali's passive is extremly strong
This is Akali's main damage output. With her throwable kama she can lasthit minions on range and she can also easily harass enemies. For success with Akali you just have to use your in the right combo ( -> -> normal attack or and then the same again and again!)
This will help you to survive tricky situations and kill enemies out of the nowhere. Think about the extra resistances too when you need some. Care! If you are in the jungle and fight against monsters you should not throw it down (unless you would die) because the monsters won't see you anymore and then they will start recovering!
This will help you to farm and harass enemies easily. Since you can activate the second part of your with your you can harass your opponent very hard without auto-attacking him. Now there are so much more opportunities to make an easy kill. Remember that this skill deals normal damage and also the AD ratio is higher than the AP one, so you should buy a Elixir of Fortitude whenever you can spend 250 gold, believe me this will make it way easier for you to farm and also you are gaining some extra health which is kinda nice.
This is one of the most overpowered aspects of Akali: She can drag herself about 3 times to a nearby enemy.
Pros & Cons
- She has energy instead of mana
- Easy to hunt enemies because you can use your charging skill () 3 times
- Easy to escape because you can make yourself invisible and wait until you can pull yourself to a minion or you can just go in the other direction than your opponent
- high burst damage and low cooldowns
- good sustain from your passive (and also Hextech Revolver).
- Anticarry: You are supposed to kill the best enemy! :D
- With her she can farm easily
- Easy to counter ( Lee Sin, Singed, Rumble; more informations how to counter Akali in the chapter "How to play as Akali or against her")
- Overtime damage and Ignite are her biggest fears
- She is rather useless against tanks
- With heal reducing debuffs ( Miss Fortune, Morello's Evil Tome she can't save her with spell vamp good enough
- You can buy items to counter her ( Oracle's Elixir, Vision Ward)