Akali Build Guide by InfamousJoker
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Amazing chaser
+ Amazing Burst
+ Good initiating skills
+ Amazing 1v1
- Not the easiest of champions
- Targeted in fights
- Hard to master
With Akali I go 21/0/9 taking Archaic Knowledge to make your attacks burst a lot more harder and 3 points into Brute Force to give you three extra AD and combined with 7 Greater Mark of Attack Damage you can activate your passive Twin Disciplines allowing you to freely choose what starting items you want with Akali I'll tell you why I start with boots later in the guide.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: This rune gives Akali 15 extra AP and for my runes I choose them to help me dominate early-mid game as my item build will help you destroy late game with or without the help of runes.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: I take 7 of these bad boys to get 7 extra AD on start combined with Brute Force allows you to activate your passive without getting a Dorans Blade at the start.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: I take two of these to fill in the remaining slots and any magic penetration no matter how miniscule will help you with your early game.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Getting 9 of these combined with Greater Quintessence of Ability Power will give you a 25 extra AP to start with that's a free Amplifying Tomb
- Greater Seal of Armor: Same as the above this rune gives you good early game armor to help lane against AD champions this is just personal preference and can be changed for any other rune.
|Exhaust: Allows you to win many 1v1's against AD carry||space||Ignite: Allows you stop enemies like Vladimir from healing when you are in a team fight.||space||Ghost: A very good escape/chase tool||space||Flash: Another good chase/escape tool|
- Twin Discipline: This passive just screams for you to build Akali as a hybrid character which is what we are doing with this guide.
- Mark of Assassin: This skill is what makes Akali have one of if not the highest burst damage in the game. It has a short cool down as well and allows you to deal HUGE damage in seconds
- Twilight Shroud: This skill allows you to virtually destroy anyone in 1v1 situations because it gives you a stealthing area and has a nice armor + magic resist bonus for Akali
- Crescent Slash: This is your main farming skill use it only for farming do not use it in team fights as it isn't efficient at doing damage
- Shadow Dance: This is an amazing skill that allows you to chase and and escape you can use it offensively to close distance and activate your mark of assassin and you can use it to evade enemies by using it against enemy minions to further the distance between you and them.
I max out Mark of Assassin first because it's your main source of damage and allows you rape anyone 1v1
- : This item is perfect for akali gives you more HP, AP and most importantly a slow effect on your skill to allow you to chase enemies more easily
- : A core item because it makes your burst so much more stronger.
- : Bonus HP and blocks one enemy skill every 60 seconds crucial to your survival
- : Gives AD + AP + life vamp + skill life vamp need I explain more?
Gives you an amazing boost to your AP I dont put it as a core item because I find that it is more beneficial to Akali to build a Guinsoo's Rageblade because it gives you balanced AP and AD to power up your passive.
Gives a balanced stats between magic resist and armor but the true use of this item is giving you a second life every 5 minutes.
Gives you amazing armor and makes hard AD champions think twice about hitting you.
Highest MR in the game and you'll have about 3K hp so the passive from Force of Nature will give you a noticeable life regeneration.
If you find that you and your team are snow balling early game get it I'm personally not a fan of it but some people are this item has its pros and cons pros being that it gives you an insane amount of AP if you can get stacks on it cons that it screams targets me and that if you die you lose a lot of stacks.
Gives a huge amount of ap huge amount of armor and an immune for a short amount of time. I personally didn't add this into core items because it is such an expensive item. But I highly recommend it
- An amazing item that gives you a balanced stat of AD + AP.
For Akali you will be targeted in team fights very often because of your burst you must use hit and run tatics in order to be of any use in team fights aim for the enemy squishy in the back and get out of there when you sense any danger.