Akali Build Guide by AresGod
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is my fifth guide, and I will be showing you my build for Akali the fist of shadow, who has earned me a huge amount of kills and few deaths over the time I have played her.
Please try the build before commenting or voting.
Boots of Speed
I start with Boots of Speed because I find that in early game, Akali needs to be able to run after of away from enemy champions. This therefore helps me to keep a lot of my health whilst laning in the early game stage and stops me recalling too early on and losing out on valuable xp.
I then move on to the Hextech Revolver for its spell vamp & ability power.
This I build up to the Hextech Gunblade, for improved stats on the spell vamp, ability power, and added life steal and attack damage, as well as its slow, when the item is used.
I then start building the Rabadon's Deathcap, because this will move my ability power up to 350, which when stacked with my passives will give me a lot of magic damage output.
I like to get The Bloodthirster by this stage, as Akali is very good at regenerating her health with her basic attacks and abilities. This adds to it, and when stacked with the bonus life steal from killing with it, Akali basically becoming invincible, and can take out champions even when she is on very low health and they are on high.
At this point the game should be well evolved, and Infinity Edge comes in handy to do big critical strike damage to Akali's enemy champions.
Usually the game would end soon after buying Infinity Edge, however if the game is one of the rare epicly long ones, then I suggest buying Zhonya's Hourglass as your final item. This item will help Akali to deal a lot more damage to enemies, due to the added ability power (which then adds more damage due to Akali's passives, and also helps to make Akali more durable due to the added armour and item ability, thus helping you to get more kills.
For my Quint's, I choose Ability power, as Akali needs a reasonable amount of AP without buying an AP item at level 1.
Magic penetration is important for Akali, especially early game, where you can do a lot of damage with Mark of the Assassin.
Health is important early game. Therefore health seals add to Akali's health making her less squishy.
For my Glyphs, I choose Ability power, as Akali needs a reasonable amount of AP without buying an AP item at level 1.
This a very useful summoner spell for burning a retreating enemy on low health. It's especially useful during the laning stage (mainly early on - levels 1 to 6).
This summoner spell if useful with every champion, allowing the champion to jump most jungle walls etc. Very good for escaping.
Other Summoner Spells That Are Useful
I like to get my Mark of the Assassin first, and then max it 1st. This is because at level 1 it is very good for pressuring and last hitting.
I like to get Twilight Shroud at level 2, and then max this last. This is because you can escape and hide very easily with this, and slow the enemy champions whilst reducing their armour and magic resistance. Levelling it up only increase the amount that the enemy champions armour and magic resistance is decreased by and so I find it the least priority after getting it 2nd.
Crescent Slash I always get this at level 4, but after that I make it my second priority as it is good for aoe damage. Crescent Slash is a very useful ability as it helps you to clear minion waves quickly, and do a lot of damage to all the enemy champions in a team fight.
As usual, you must always level your ultimate whenever you get the chance - level 6, level 11, and level 16.
Early Game (Level 1-6) Tips
- Use your Mark of the Assassin to harass your enemy and to help you last hit.
- Use your Twilight Shroud when pressuring or escaping. Keep track of its cool-down as you don't want to need it when it's on cool-down.
- Make sure you always have a high amount of energy when you enter into combat, as this is what will make you win or lose.
Mid Game (Level 7-12) Tips
- Start ganking lanes, lead with Mark of the Assassin if they are in the open and follow with Twilight Shroud to slow them across their path of escape.
- Don't take any un-needed risks and be sure to be part of all team skirmishes for assist stacks.
- Red and Blue buff work very nicely on Akali through middle game if nobody else needs them (or you manage to steal the enemies)
- You can start using Crescent Slash to farm up uncontested minion waves quickly.
Late Game (Level 13-18) Tips
- Focus on correctly timing your abilities. I suggest "qeq" as a good combination.
- You should be constantly poking the enemy with your Mark of the Assassin to weaken them before the team fight.
- Continue to farm up heavily (and push as required) with Crescent Slash, Akali is capable of destroying entire minion waves instantly late game.
- If you are carrying the team, red and blue buff (more importantly red) are great assets on Akali, with the increased buff duration from utility you get great use out of it.
I know this guide doesn't contain as much information as other guides you may read, but the important information is here, and I hope that you enjoy playing Akali as much as I do.
Please use this guide to learn and improve your game-play and I hope this was useful to you.
Any comments are welcome, also critics.