Situational offensive items
Example of full build VS AD
Example of full build VS Tank
"Let me roam, Malph" build
Teemo Slayer build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Alistar with this build
|Teemo||lol. Ez. Get rekt. Satan's gonna get crushed by a cow.|
Hello everyone! So this is my Alistar AP toplane build, which is quite funny to play, as you'll be able to almost oneshot ennemy squishies, while being a good tank (mostely with your ultimate). Enjoy !
Those are quite normal AP runes. The scaling CDR runes can be replaced with FLAT CDR runes, if you aim at mid game destruction.
I see you here, asking "but why the Decree on a toplaner? Why not the Grasp of the Undying?"
Well... Basically because you are a killer. This guide shows you how to play an "AP bruiser" (damn that seems strange), who'll oneshot carries, and yet who'll have enough HP and resistance to stay in fights.
Your first spell to max will be the W, Headbutt. Why? Because the damages will be higher than the ones of your Q (yeah, there is a 70% AP ratio on your W, while your Q has a 50% AP ratio). Then, you will max your Q, Pulverize. And finally, you max the E, Triumphant roar.
NEVER. MAX. YOUR. E. BEFORE. ANY. OTHER. ABILITY. You are a killer, not a healer, so you'll need to deal damages, so max your spells that deal damages.
Of course, take your ultimate, Unbreakable will, at level 6, 11 and 16.
If you play against an AP toplaner:
buy the Negatron Cloak as soon as possible. Then, you should complete your Abyssal Scepter.
WARNING: Do not buy a Blasting Wand first !! If you are outdamaging your opponent, but get ganked, it would be better to have resistance to the ennemy toplaner, so that the jungler will be the only one really hurting you.
After that, you must buy a Morellonomicon (or a Athene's unholy grail, if you fear the ennemy AP toplaner) and the Ionian boots of lucidity for the CDR! More CDR means doing your W/Q combo more often, which litteraly means being able to kill your opponent more often. Think about it, and enjoy!
If you are against an AD or a tanky toplaner:
First buy the Catalyst the protector, to have health, mana, and sustain from its passive, to stay in lane and farm longer. Complete your Rod of ages as soon as possible.
Then, you should go on with an Abyssal Scepter, to deal more damages to your opponent. If you are against a toplaner that is really too strong for you, and could dive you, forget about this and go for the Zhonya's Hourglass quickly.
Once you have those, you can go for whatever you like, as long as you make it to kill your opponent and annoy him. The Void Staff combined with your Abyssal Scepter will grant you enormous damages. If the ennemy runs away with 100HP almost all the time, just buy the Rylai's crystal scepter to slow him down with your combo and your passive.
If you want to push a lane then roam then push again then roam... You should buy a Luden's Echo, to clear waves more easily, and for movement speed, or a Banner of Command, which can be the decisive item if you don't want to have Malphite, Ryze or Cassiopeia in teamfights: making a minion completely invulnerable to magic damages is funny when there's an AP toplaner in the ennemy team, isn't it?
Also, if you feel that you have enough damages and want to be a bit more resistant, just buy a Banshee's Veil, or a Sunfire Cape (which can be quite good when its passive adds to yours). If you want more resistance AND CDR, buy instead a Spirit Visage or an Iceborn Gauntlet (which can make ennemies stay next to you with its passive, even more true if you have a Rylai's crystal scepter.
You are not a great farmer, that is true. But at least, you farm better than Malphite. And also: you are a denier. Yes. Your W, Headbutt, is THE denying spell. Use it mainly to deny the catapult minion to your opponent. It seems very unuseful, but in fact it will give you a 150 gold advantage within 9 waves of creeps (that is to say at 7 or 8 minutes of game), or even more than 150 golds if you did it while other creeps were low on health. DENY DENY DENY !!
Also, from time to time, and only if you know that the ennemy jungler is not around your toplane, you can try trades. Very good trades. Your W/Q/Decree combo will make nearly any toplaner lose almost half their health in early game, while you'll lose only a quarter thanks to your heal and to the fact that, after your combo, you just walked back behind your creeps, where the ennemy toplaner won't try to trade you.
Here, most of the time, you'll have to ult, and then dive the ennemy team to oneshot the ADC, the midlaner or a support that is particularly annoying (I'm talking here about Sona, Janna, Soraka...). After your combo, you won't be very useful, so just force the focus on you while having your ultimate on, and then Headbutt again when you'll have it. If you have a lot of AP, know that, in late game, your E can heal almost 300 HP on yourself, which means 100 HP on allied champions (yes, that really CAN save a fight).
- Fiora : Not fun. Not fun at all. Her passive will give her good damages even if you're under ultimate. Be very careful. She probably is your worst nightmare on toplane. She can avoid your combo, and then trade you and destroy you while you can't do anything.
- Lulu : She has great poke, a very good range, and an ultimate that will make her impossible to kill. Watch out, she can kill you, but you can't kill her.
- Morgana : Aouch. That is a problem. Well, you won't see a lot of toplane Morgana... But if there is one in the ennemy team, you can be sure that she will Black Shield her ADC to prevent a oneshot. You'll deal reduced damages, and won't bump the ADC. Also, once you're next to the ADC, and so next to Morgana, she'll just ulti you, and keep you locked during the whole fight: you'll be useless.
- Gragas : a lot of controls, so really easy ganks. Also, in teamfights, he'll split the ennemy team with his ultimate, giving you the opportunity to oneshot the squishies without having to worry about the support or other champions.
- Orianna : you dive, her shield on you, and after your combo, she just ults: WOMBO COMBO, ADIOS ENNEMY TEAM !
- Amumu : of course, his ultimate makes him the universal synergy pick in fact, anyone playing with an Amumu has a great advantage.
- Poppy : and here comes the powerful frontline, that takes a lot of damages while dealing the same amount of damages. You two will force the focus on you, and the rest of your team will be like "ok let's have fun while they keep us safe".
- Yasuo : do I really have to explain why...?
Pros and cons
+ Very good damages, able to kill in 1V1 right at level 2 or 3
+ Good engage and disengage ability
+ Nice tankyness thanks to the ultimate
+ Oneshot the squishies (SEE YOU IN HELL, TEEMO)
- Quite low farming ability
- Dependant of your spells, and of the CDR
- Can't win a game alone, you'll rely a lot on your teammates