Alistar Build Guide by LigaLegendas
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi, i'm Shymatsu and welcome to my first guide featuring Alistar, the WTF COW!
Well, I do not play much with Alistar, but these last tests yielding very to teamplay with this build.
Whenever keep in mind you are the tank / support and your job is use most CC possible. Also be aware that if you dont have a good sense of game you can mess up much more than help, this guide focuses on the Alistar that will play to ensure more strategic advantage to the team.
Is this, enjoy it!
Pros / Cons
Pros+ Hard to Kill, great tank
+ Many CC
+ High life pool
+ Great sustainability, Triumphant Roar rules!
+ Good damage for a tank/support
+ Low price champion/Free champion with skin by promotion
+ He have great horns!
Cons- Low mana pool
- Too slow, this is really bad!
- Need a good team
- Can disrupt the team without knowing play
Tank/Support vs AP/Mage
Well, its simple...he was nerfed and now, have many champions better with AP than Alistar.
The AP ratio is more low so,let's see:
Trample- +(0.1 per ability power)
Pulverize- +(+0.5 per ability power)
Headbutt- +(+0.7 per ability power)
Triumphant Roar- +(+0.2 per ability power)
Unbreakable Will- Doesn't affect
In game informations, he always was a TANK.
Greater Mark of Armor- more armor, more tank, more sustainability in lane.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist- same as the Mark.
Greater Seal of Replenishment- This is the key for you support your partners, especially in early game. Alistar has a lack of mana, so, this will mantain you and with mana you can heal with Triumphant Roar.
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed- This...ohhhh YEAHHHH!!! This is a trap for your enemies, more fast for stun and redirect them for your team. Its really good.
Greater Seal of Mana- more mana pool instead of regen.
Greater Quintessence of Magic Resist- a good help for magic resist, but sacrifices a mov speed.
Greater Seal of Armor- i think you wont need this, but can be a switch if you want more armor.
No much to say, focuses Cooldown Reduction and a little mana, mov speed.
-If you get Ghost, put one point in Haste instead Utility Mastery
-If you get Clairvoyance, put one point in Mystical Vision instead Utility Mastery
Items must be followed up until
, then you can change Abyssal and Zhonya's for situational items as:
- a nightmare for AP/Mages and a good regen for your ****ing Life. Don't forget 8% mov speed, AMAZING!
- against team of CC, but will be hard focus the CC on you.
- a nightmare for AD/Carry with aura! Good Cooldown Reduction and armor, beyond of combo with .
- more tank and back of the deads for help again, looks good.
- more damage with your abilities, more heal, it's good.Do not prioritize this, if the game is difficult.
, Sight Ward, - always good, some can be very important in a game
Its a normal for a support Alistar, but focus instead for more damage.
- Always, it's your surprise entrance and your way of escape.
The second spell can be chosen at your discretion, obvious discarding that ***** those no one takes. In general, anything goes ... I personally prefer: Clairvoyance, Exhaust, Ignite.
- Short cooldown for a spell, rather long duration for one of its kind, too. Helps locating enemy junglers, checking Dragon and Baron withouth putting yourself in harm's way and prevents incoming ganks. Usable anywhere, everywhere.
- Viable to ensure kills and deal extra damage, Nothing bad, hun!?. Not a primary choice and, sure, someone in your team will pick this. But think again, this cut 50% heal and Life Steal/Spell Vamp, looks good against Dr. Mundo, Taric, Soraka, Akali, Vladimir, among others.
- Can be used both offensively and defensively, and you have some slow against a enemy, very useful. Try pick this when your team hasn't.
- How about a surprise appearance in the other lane? Its a easy way to gank with Vision Ward and Sight Ward, fast move to base and back to lane. It can be useful if used correctly.
- Well, more mov speed always help to gank and flee, it's fine. But keep in mind that slow can make you lose the spell.
- Mana is nice. But you have tons of other means to regenerate it.
- WTF?!?!?! Unbreakable Will do the same effect, is better and have a low cooldown.
- It's good, but you usually do when you're away from the towers to get there and the tower can fall either way. It also does nothing when no towers in the game.
- Well, again, Triumphant Roar do the same effect, is better and have a low cooldown. You can pick this for an extra heal...forget it. Triumphant Roar rules!
- Nobody picks this, why would you?
- Serious, this is useless for this Alistar.
- Serious again, don't try this. I have seen many Alistar try and never worked, Alistar isn't a jungler. Believe, you will be more usefull in lane.
Creeping / Jungling
If your partner is an AD/Carry let he creeping more, your itens of gold will do a good job. Give the last hit in creeps those that will be lost and enjoy when soloing.
Use Triumphant Roar for heal your creeps, this will initiate Trample and help you to get some last hits. With Sheen, always hit with more damage after any skill. Sometimes Pulverize can be usefull, but try to use when creep are dying, it's your AOE damage.
Never attack ground, only last hits.
You are a pusher, so, start the fights and always try jumping and get the many targets as possible to make life easier for your team, stun them and throw them for your team, focusing on the heroes who could weigh in the fight.
Vision Ward and Sight Ward are very important for get a advantage. If they have an jungler, keep your lane safe of ganks and try to protect your runes for your team, maybe this garantee some kills.
Get vision of Baron Nashor and Dragon for the opposite team dont get more gold or buff.
Here the important places for warding:
Some games, Oracle's Elixir can be a great item for you. How you are hard to kill, will grant vision of invisible champions like Twitch, Akali, Evelynn, Shaco, Vayne, Talon, Wukong. Believe, these champions will give headaches and flee several times.
Stay tuned for his ultimate! Use this when they attacks you, and be sure to dont use in the last minute and never forget, your ultimate remove all crowd-control effects on himself. If you use when you do not is focus, can be an expense that will change the outcome of the fight. Always use Triumphant Roar, serious, can save lives.