Amumu Build Guide by PebbleDevil
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Introduction and thanks
YOU ARE GONNA READ THIS ! >:(
Big big thanks to Jhoijhoi for the tutorial on how to make a guide ! <3 I thought you were a boy at first :P My bad , I'm a girl too :D Girl gamers FTW <3
Huge thanks to DannyMagick , I've used his Amumu guide for 70 over matches [ Co.op vs AI ] though :P
Credit to Xixty for giving me some feedback on this guide . I'll have the masteries changed .
Any Dubstep lovers out there ? CLICK ME ! CLICK ME !
Kpop anyone ? CLICK ME ! :D
Mash up ? These guys are awesome ! <3
Without further ado , I present you my Amumu guide ! <3
SORRY ABOUT THE RANDOM **** .
Pros / Cons
Teh pros and cons of Amumu .
1) If enemy champion has low health , BANDAGE TOSS :D
2) Lots of health , able to tank for team
3) Has , able to clear out large amount of minions quickly or " farm " for short
4) Good CC [ Crowd Control ]
5) Super Cute <3
1) UNBELIEVABLY SLOW BUT will be going through that in this guide
2) Might " Feed " during early , mid game
3) Turret hugger , if you're cautious like me about dying
4) Ulti has long CD [ Cooldown ] :(
That's mainly the stuff I face during games .
Summoner's Wraith - Take , it increases AP and AD while on CD
Brute Force - Adds Attack Damage , you may tank for your team , but hey ? Deadly damage and health is always AWESOME ! :P
Butcher - As I said , FARM . Before you get , this should help out a little .
Alacrity - Adds Attack Speed , Amumu attacks slowly with his head . I think O_O
Sorcery - As I said in the Pros / Cons section , Amumu ultimate has a VERY LONG CD .
Weapon Expertise - Amour Pens can be useful
Arcane Knowledge - Magic Pens :D
Havoc - Increases your damage , Amumu doesn't do A LOT of damage :(
Sunder - Amour Pens :D
Resistance - Magic Resist , I honestly don't know what it does but BAAAH ! I've seen so many people taking this :3
Hardiness - Amour , good if the enemy team build heavy AD , I think :[ I'm not too sure ?
Durability - Adds health per level , in case you don't wanna get Warmog's
Vigor - If you don't regen health fast enough , how will you tank ?
Indomitable - Reduces incoming damage ? Uhmm ... I don't know how to explain O_O
This is the second thing apart from Masteries , Runes , they're quite important I guess . :/ To be truthful , I've only learn how to use Runes recently , so I hope you people don't mind ? OR Amumu WILL CRY . :D
For Seals , Seal of Resilience , Seal of Fortitude , Seal of Regen
Glyphs , I'd take Glyph of Shielding , Glyph of Strength , Glyph of Furor
Quints :D , Quintessence of Clarity
I'll explain now why I take these Runes .
Marks - Add health :)
Seals - Amour , Health , Health Regen . You'll need amour for defense :D
Glyphs - Magic Resist , AD , Critical Strike :D Crits are good because you do more damage !
Quints - Mana Regen , I always run out of Mana while farming minions with .
Summoner Spells and why I choose them
Summoner Spells :D
I like colours so :D I just noticed the word ' colours ' has the red squiggle , I'm sure it's spelled as , ' colors ' but that's the american way isn't it ? BAAAH , I'll do it my way !
, I think they nerfed so you won't be able to flash over walls .
- For early game kills , enemy champs have low health them :D
- To catch up or run away
Less viable Spells
- It's still a good choice for chasing down enemies
- You might get over this , up to you anyways
- ONLY if you want damage , otherwise I won't really recommend getting it
- UNLESS you're always oom [ Out of Mana ]
- Rush to the team fight !
- If you want to push lanes , but you're just there to absorb the damage
- For players new to Amumu
- UNLESS . You're forced to be SupportMumu :D
Almost useless Spells
- Impatient much ? It's USELESS unless you're new
- Are you jungling ? Amumu jungle like a boss , never run out of toilet paper :3
- I have seriously no idea why you'll get this O_O
- You'll have so much health that turrets won't matter
- Never used it before , so yeah
Spells I recommend taking and NOT taking :)
Skill Sequencefirst , well , some people might get first and max it last , I choose first because you can do damage to champs .
Adding whenever possible .
Pretty much like that :3
Attacking a champion , I'll then , toggle on , spam and if you want the kill so badly . The keys go 'Q' , 'W' , 'E' , 'R' is optional .
- Amumu's passive is , Amumu's attacks reduces target's magic resistance by 15 / 25 / 35 for 4 seconds . The debuff does not stack but refreshes with every attack . DAAYUM , I just copied it :D
- Amumu's W is . It's toggle like thingy , when toggled , Amumu attacks surrounding enemies .
- Amumu's E is . Basically , it attacks . It's cooldown is reduced when he gets hit by an auto attack .
- Amumu's ultimate is , able to stun a group of champions , works great for team fights .
I guess I'm a little naggy and stuff but hey , you gotta be clear about some things right ?
Items , what should I get
Basically , for a tanky Amumu you're gonna wanna get health , health and defense .
- , mainly because you can upgrade it into a philosopher's stone
- Other than , I'll get a , I would get a when I play vs bots , otherwise when you're confident you won't die .
- B and get your philosopher's stone , it should be fairly quick to get this item .
- Next , you're gonna wanna get , as I mentioned earlier , Amumu isn't very fast .
- This is where you start getting health related items , adds 430 health ! Such a good item for tanks .
- Cooldown reduction time ! helps out a lot ! Reducing 15% Cooldown time , Amumu's ultimate is reduced a little .
- Amour and health . has them both ! It's passive deals 35 Magic Damage to nearby enemies .
- Attack Damage is the reason I get , adds 700 health :)
- OPTIONAL This second is optional , if you don't wanna wait for 3000 bloody gold !
- THIS IS ALSO OPTIONAL A second is not needed but I get it so it doesn't seem takes forever to get .
- Next item , 920 health and 30 health per 5 seconds
- , Mana , Health , Magic Resist , what more could you want ?
- , mainly health regen and Magic Resist
- Our last item on the list ,
, Amour and Magic Resist , Awesome Passive , revives your champion !
That's about everything , I doubt you'll be able to get them all , if you do , after finishing the list , you might wanna get some damage items :)
I usually give kills to my team , I would play support much more , unless when I wanna get kills and someone KS me , I actually would curse them to die lol . :(
The method to farm with Amumu is toggle , then , if minions start hitting you , SPAM ! Auto attacks reduce 's CD , making it spammable .
Because you have the BEST ultimate :D , great CC , stuns a crowd . <3
And because you have , GET YOUR *** OUT THERE AND TANK ***** !
Oops , my bad language x( Sorry .
PSSHHH . If I get any better , I'll make a guide and jungle route . :L BUT , I said BUT , but for now , just find a guide off YouTube or MobaFire . :) I'm sure there's many great guides out there ! Every jungler MUST have ! It's the unwritten rule :D
EVERYONE WILL RUN OUT OF TOLIET PAPER
Amumu JUNGLE LIEK A BAUS , NEVAH RUN OUTTA TOLIET PAPEH
Rawr ! <3 - Here's a jungle guide , TBM sure makes it detailed :3 I won't lie but I've used the guide once but became a troll . - Troll Face -
That's how much advice I can give you .
I'm pretty sure I've cover everything I need to . :/ Comment below if I missed out anything .
Commenting below really keeps me going , I want to at least know , at least my horrible guide helped someone ! :(
This guide is about tanking . :)
A gameplay of Amumu will come soon , it's just that I may lag A LOT ! Fraps takes up lots of memory space :/ I'm not sure if I can come up with one though :L .
Here's a video on Amumu PENTAKILL ! I almost typed Plenta xD
I'll add some pictures later on , FOR NOW , just enjoy the small pictures :>
If anyone needs a guide on where to place wards , just tell me ;]
No one asked yet :(
You could be the first !
Comment DOWN THERE
3/12/11 , 11pm GMT+8 - Guide completed .
3/12/11 , 11:53 GMT+8 - Fixed some coding mistakes .
4/12/11 , 7:52 GMT+8 - Fixed more BBCoding mistakes .
11/12/11 , 10:34 GMT+8 - Added a chapter each for Teamfights and Jungling .
16/3/12 , 2:50 pm GMT+8 - Replaced Guardian's Angel with Randuin's Omen