Anivia Build Guide by Gale Breeze
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my guide!
|Hey guys Gale Breeze here bringing you my first ever Moba guide! I was a regular player on the NA servers under the name Breeze but now i reside in the ever so much closer to home Oceanic server :) SPECIAL THANKS: Credits to jhoijhoi for the how to guide, which you can find here.||I personally would rather not put a description of why each particular Mastery is valid, I read through so many guides on a day to week basis; and in my opinion the Mastery comments are just unneccessary, ill put it in just for show though. :) I hope you enjoy this guide! Constructive feedback would be amazing :)|
Perfect Pros and Complicated Cons
|+ Easy Farming
+ Great CC
+ Has a Wall
+ Second life with Rebirth
+ Low CD on Glacial Storm
+ High Damage
|Anivia has some really great Pros! Her Crystallize can be a great resource when escaping or blocking off a route. Anivias' passive Rebirth grants a sneaky second life if your egg survives an 8 second revive. Glacial Stormss low CD is great in combo with Frostbite. Soooo much CC! A slow, stun and a wall!|
|- Farm Slow until 6
- Very Mana Hungry
- Very Slow Movement
- Crystallize Placement Crucial
- No Solid Escape
|Anivias' main flaw early game is that she is very very very Mana hungry, you have to be very mana conscious unless you have BLUE BUFF. Anivias' slow movement speed makes escaping ganks near god impossible (unless you're a freaking ninja). Farming is quite hard until you have your Glacial Storm.|
|When i play Anivia I like to take a 21/0/9 approach to the masterys. In the offence tree i try to take two points in Fury (2% AttSpd) and two points in Butcher (Additional 4 damage on minions), both are essentially to make farming early game a little bit smoother. I also take three points in Mental Force for an additional 6AP early game. Under the Utility tree i run three points in Meditation (+3 Magic Regen) to help stay in lane early game, as well as Artificer (15% CDR on item spells) for spells like Zhonya's Hourglasss' active. Finally i take the one point in Runic Affinity for the additional 20% time on the available buffs.|
|Flash: Flash, the ultimate initiator or escape tool. ALWAYS a must have. This spell can get you out of any sticky situation.||Ignite: Ignite is really usefull for finishing off that last bit of health off an escaping enemy. It also does wonders to negate the effects of healing spells ( Master Yi, Swain.||Clarity: I don't usually take Clarity ever. But if i feel that my mana will run fast in lane, i don't hesitate.|
Other Possible Spells
These 3 can be used, but not overly recommended for Anivia
|I choose ROA for the great boost of mana and health, providing more sustain in lane. Bonuses are granted per minute after purchase.|
|I mainly get Athenes for the mana regen and a nice hit of CDR which helps to keep up your Crystallize and Flash Frost.|
|Self explanatory! Great hit of AP! and don't forget it's passive of an extra 30% of your AP.|
|Being a very squishy champion from start to finish, the additional armor as well as its' high AP really help you take and deal damage. Zhonya's Hourglasss' active helps a lot when the pressure is on and you need to survive.|
|Later in the game when people start building magic resist, Void Staff just denys them that pleasure.|
|I choose these shoes based on the fact they give you early game magic penetration as well as your standard tier 2 boots for speed.|
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed: I choose to take two Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed Because i find Anivia, like most champions could benefit from a little extra speed for escape.
- Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration: I also take one Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration just for a little bit of additional Mpen for max early game damage.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: I take 9 Greater Mark of Magic Penetration for the much needed magic penetration.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: having additional Greater Glyph of Ability Power just bodes well with giving the other Mid absolute hell.
- Greater Seal of Armor: I also get Greater Seal of Armor for the much needed armor that Anivia does not possess, just for a little bit more sustain midlane.
Upon dying, Anivia will revert into an egg and will get an armor and magic resistance modifier of -40 / -25 / -10 / +5 / +20. If the egg can survive for six seconds, she is reborn with the same percentage of health that her egg had left. This can only happen once every four minutes regardless of cooldown reduction.
Rebirth is a magical passive, much like Aatrox or Zacs passives, she can revive after death after a small delay. This can come very useful into baiting target into turrets or claiming kills.
Anivia summons a shard of ice that flies on a line. The shard will deal 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+50% of ability power) damage, slowing movement by 20% for 3 seconds to anyone in its path. The shard will detonate when reaching its max range or if the ability is activated again. When the shard explodes it will deal 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+50% of ability power) magic damage to all enemies nearby, stunning them for 1 second. The magic damage done by both the shard and the detonation is the same and both will apply the "chilled" debuff on enemies hit for 3 seconds.
This is our main source of poke before level 6. It also gives us a slow or a stun if it detonates after going through our target. It also applies chill which can be utilised for additional damage from Frostbite.
Anivia summons an impenetrable wall of ice 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 / 800 units wide, blocking all movement. The wall lasts for 5 seconds before it melts.
This is Anivias' signature ability. This wall can be used to block enemys from attacking your team, seperating a team fight; it can be used to block off portions of the jungle or redirect your target into your abilitys path.
Anivia blasts her target with a freezing wind, dealing 55 / 85 / 115 / 145 / 175 (+50% of ability power) magic damage. If the target has been chilled, they take double damage.
Frostbite does double damage if activated on a target affected by chill. By late game this ability turns into your main source of damage in synergy with Glacial Storm.
Anivia calls forth a driving rain of ice and hail, dealing 80 / 120 / 160 (+25% of ability power) magic damage per second, slowing their movement and attack speed by 20% for 1 second, and chilling them. Costs 40/50/60 mana per second while the storm is active.
Your ult is an amazing AEO slow. This is your main farming tool early game. It also applies chill which can be used to double Frostbites damage. If you land a Crystallize inside your Glacial Storm then throwing Flash Frost and finishing with Frostbite, you can do some series damage.
- Try to lure your target towards your turret before you die.
- Make sure you don't drop your Rebirth out in the open where you have no chance to revive.
You're going to want to max out Flash Frost after Frostbite and before Crystallize.
- Try to re-activate Flash Frost after it sails through your target for extra damage and a stun.
- This ability applies Chill so combine this with Frostbite for a full effect.
- Use this to poke your target early game before you have your Glacial Storm.
You're going to want to max out Crystallize after Flash Frost and before Glacial Storm.
- Remember that your wall can be used to completely block off paths in the jungle, so it is a great escape/ initiate.
- Crystallize can be used to seperate a team fight to gain the upper hand, it can really turn the tide of a game.
- Make sure to combine your wall with your other abilitys to make sure noone escapes you, keep in mind a missplaced wall can kill your teammates.
You're going to want to max out Frostbite before Flash Frost
- Using this ability on a target that is affected with chill will do additional damage and continue a combo circuit.
- You can place this on an enemy and quickly place your Glacial Storm to apply chill and take quick massive damage.
- This ability is quite weak without the help of the rest of your combo, so don't rely on it by itself.
You're going to want to take points in Glacial Storm whenever it is available at 6, 11 and 16
- The slow on this ability can be used to escape or inflict damage on your enemy, try to drop down your wall while they're inside to keep them there for a long time.
- Glacial Storm]] has a very low CD so don't be hesitant to use it when you can combo with Frostbite.
- Using your ult can clear minion waves in absolutely no time at all.
Ability Sequence Order
|I like to level up my Frostbite first because thats where our early game damage comes from, syncing chill with your frostbite doesn massive amounts of damage early game, sure to knock your lane rival back to base. I max Flash Frost second because i like the damage off the re-activation on a target, it assures early game domination. Crystallize is leveled third out of the Q W E abilities, just due to the fact you dont really need it until later in the game, plus the mana costs and CD are just insane. And of course Glacial Storm is maxed accordingly to the level 6, 11 and 16 rank ups.|
Remember that Flash Frost doubles its damage if it passes through your target then re activated (It will automatically deal a second wave of damage when it reaches it's max range)
If a target is chilled by either your Flash Frost or Glacial Storm activating Frostbite will deal double damage to the target. (Some other champions abilitys synergise with Anivias' E. ( Ashe, Sejuani.)
Flash Frost + Frostbite
Crystallize + Flash Frost + Frostbite
Glacial Storm + Frostbite
Auto Attack + Glacial Storm + Frostbite + Crystallize + Flash Frost + Frostbite
Get the most out of Crystallize by trapping your targets in your Glacial Storm for the longest possible time. You will always have the time to lay down a Flash Frost and finish with your double damage Frostbite.
Farming with Anivia
Farming with Anivia isn't much different than farming with any other champion! As long as you keep up your last hitting and win your trades with your laning partner and make sure not to get ganked you'll be fine. Anivias' full farming capacity can't be reached until level 6 when you have your Glacial Storm, at this point you can drop your ult on a fresh minion wave and watch your CS go up.
I'd suggest warding your mid bushes to lower the risk of getting ganked, keep your Flash Frost handy when things seem too quiet, it's pass through stun can save your life.
Anivia in Team Fights
- Stay behind your teammates and attack from a distance to make sure you don't take fatal damage.
- Your Crystallize can and should be used to block enemys escape routes, protect your teammates from dying, and of course splitting up the enemy team to turn the tides of a battle.
- Placing down Glacial Storm will help slow down fleeing enemys, as well as securing yourself more damage and an overall higher fight presence during fights.
- If it comes to retreating, drop your Glacial Storm to apply slow to pursuing enemys, as well as throwing back your Flash Frost to stun so you and/or your teammates can escape.
- If you have Ashe, Sejuani or any champions that may apply chill/frost to enemys, take advantage of that by using your Frostbite if you're finding yourself low on mana, or cooldowns are present.
THANKYOU FOR READING
I'd like to thankyou all for checking out my guide on Anivia.
Constructive feedback would be amazing :)
I'll surely keep this guide updated, and hopefully ill make more soon :)
Please don't downvote if you don't like it... just tell me what you had a problem with and ill excell to fix my flaws :)
THANKYOU ALL :) <3