Anivia Build Guide by AzinoVo
Masteries + Notes
Hey Guys, I'm AzinoVo. I love League of Legends and Anivia so I decided to make a guide. Hope you guys find this guide helpful to your gameplay. Keep in mind that results may vary. I do not claim to be "pro". I just want to share my knowledge and the experiences I have had at Mid Lane. I am not very good at Coding so some sections will be very plain, but I assure you, the information is there for those who wants it. :)
In this guide, you will find some tips on how to play Anivia more effectively and how to lane against other MID champions. Most of the information is already well known by experienced players, but I write them in anyways because I want to educate young Anivia players. I spent many hours writing this guide and so I hope for some feedback/comments. I use the spoiler buttons so people can read what they want to know more of. I hope it is not too overwhelming. My Main Guides are shown below! Enjoy! :)
Anivia: "Why did they nerf my egg??"
Cause it makes more sense?
Anivia: "I'm an ice phoenix, why the **** does it even matter."
My Video On Anivia
The video shows Anivia, her skills, spell combos, play style, and some Tips/Tricks.
Explains Anivia's abilities plus Tips/Tricks.
Explains what skills to max first for maximum effectiveness.
Important Skill to Master
Here, I will recommend to you a way to utilize your abilities quickly and more efficiently.
Recommend what runes to use for maximum effectiveness plus some alternatives.
Recommend important and beneficial components of the Mastery Tree.
I will recommend what main Summoner Spells to use and some other viable ones.
Tips on how to effectively kill creeps/monsters for gold.
Item Purchase Guide
This is my complete guide on what items to get and when to get it.
Mid Lane and Types of Encounters
This chapter explains what to do to in an encounter against certain types of champions.
Guide Against Other Champions In Mid Lane
To my knowledge, the champions that are most likely to go Mid are other AP carries.
This group includes:
Common Summoner Spells Within This Group: Flash and Ignite
Tip: Stay away from the Brush. Do not Extend too far to the Left or Right or risk getting ganked by the Jungler.
- Crowd Control Effects are stuns, silences, snares, fears, suppresses, knock-ups, pulls, taunts, and in certain instances, it will cause champions to be pushed back. Slows also count as a "CC" but almost all champions have one.
- Keep in mind that all damage shown here does not consider armor and magic resist. True damage. however, ignores resistances.
- Gap Closers are certain abilities that allow a champion to "jump" toward the target. EX: Leaps, Teleports, etc.
- Damage Calculation totals the complete spell combo of that champion at level six. Note that all champions have physical auto-attacks. For Casters, I will add physical damage equivalent to three auto-attacks.
- Damage Over Time will be displayed as DPS, Damage Per Second.
- The variable, X , represents the amount of time a skill is used.
When Playing Against
Ahri, The Nine-Tailed FoxSpoiler: Click to view
Akali, the Fist of ShadowSpoiler: Click to view
Anivia, the CryophoenixSpoiler: Click to view
Annie, the Dark ChildSpoiler: Click to view
Brand, the Burning VengeanceSpoiler: Click to view
Cassiopeia, the Serpent's EmbraceSpoiler: Click to view
Cho'Gath, the Terror of the VoidSpoiler: Click to view
Diana, Scorn of the MoonSpoiler: Click to view
Elise, the Spider QueenSpoiler: Click to view
Evelynn, the WidowmakerSpoiler: Click to view
Fiddlesticks, the Harbinger of DoomSpoiler: Click to view
Fizz, the Tidal TricksterSpoiler: Click to view
Galio, the Sentinel's SorrowSpoiler: Click to view
Gragas, the Rabble RouserSpoiler: Click to view
Heimerdinger, the Revered InventorSpoiler: Click to view
Karthus, the DeathsingerSpoiler: Click to view
Kassadin, the Void WalkerSpoiler: Click to view
Katarina, the Sinister BladeSpoiler: Click to view
Kennen, the Heart of the TempestSpoiler: Click to view
LeBlanc, the DeceiverSpoiler: Click to view
Lux, the Lady of LuminositySpoiler: Click to view
Malzahar, the Prophet of the VoidSpoiler: Click to view
Morgana, Fallen AngelSpoiler: Click to view
Orianna, the Lady of ClockworkSpoiler: Click to view
Ryze, the Rogue MageSpoiler: Click to view
Jericho Swain, the Master TacticianSpoiler: Click to view
Syndra, the Dark SovereignSpoiler: Click to view
Veigar, the Tiny Master of EvilSpoiler: Click to view
Viktor, the Machine HeraldSpoiler: Click to view
Vladimir, the Crimson ReaperSpoiler: Click to view
Xerath, the Magus AscendantSpoiler: Click to view
Ziggs, the Hexplosives ExpertSpoiler: Click to view
Zyra, Rise of the ThornsSpoiler: Click to view
AP Ezreal has become rather popular so I decided to include him in the guide. You can easily evade most of Ezreal's skillshots by staying far behind your minions, except for Essence Flux which ignores minions and hits only champions. Dodge that and he has no damage. Do not leave your minions and go in the open because his Arcane Shift automatically locks on to the nearest target. Fire your Flash Frost through your minions and engage when you know it will hit. If you are too far away, do not try to engage: He will most likely escape with Arcane Shift after the initial stun is over.
Do not underestimate AP Master Yi, he can get PENTAKILLS easily. However, Anivia can easily counter him at mid. Pay attention to when Master Yi has his Double Strike available because it is when he will most likely try to Alpha Strike you. Alpha Strike hits up to 4 targets so try to stay behind your minions to avoid getting hit. You can easily counter him after his Alpha Strike when he is near: auto-attack him when he tries to run back. If he Meditate, you can easily Flash Frost and stun him, then follow with your regular combo.
Nidalee is easy to counter if you can dodge her Javelin Toss / Takedown. The only concern with Nidalee at mid is that she can easily heal back to full health using Primal Surge / Swipe. To counter her, wait until she grabs her Aspect Of The Cougar and initiates in cougar form. she wil try to pounce, swipe, and takedown. Juke her skills and nuke her using your regular spell combo.
or Regrowth Pendant + Health Potion
or Amplifying Tome + Health Potion
Pay attention to the bar below Mordekaiser - which abosrbs damage. Do not try to harass him unless the shield has depleted. When he tries to come close, retreat immediately, or risk getting hit by his Siphon of Destruction. Keep in mind that in a 1v1, Children of the Grave will deal damage and heal Mordekaiser for that amount. Do not over-commit if he still has his ultimate.
After the buff, Soraka is now a viable mid with - Infuse and Starcall. You have to nuke her from afar because at close range, Soraka will silence you and commence the Starcall spam. You won't be able to do anything since you will be silenced from Infuse. Use your spells wisely because Soraka will try to heal herself with Astral Blessing every chance she gets. You won't be able to outlane her if your mana runs dry. Do not exchange auto-attacks with her when she uses Astral Blessing since it gives her increased armor.
Boots of Speed + Health Potion
Talon is a very scary Mid Laner that can silence you while dealing an insane amount of damage. Since Anivia has low armor, be very careful if you get a Talon in your lane. Stay as far from him as possible because with Boots of Speed, you won't be able to outrun him once you get caught with Cutthroat and Rake. Do not over-commit on killing him at level 6 unless you have a Vision Ward ready because he will juke you with his Shadow Assault and rape you with Cutthroat Rake Noxian Diplomacy. Stay in semi-close range of Talon but retreats if he comes near. You can counter Talon before level 6 when he tries to jump you with Cutthroat. After the silence, chase him and nuke him with your spell combo. Like Katarina, save your Flash Frost for when he jumps you.
Twisted Fate is easy to lane against because he is extremely squishy plus his Wild Cards can easily be evaded. The only concern is when he has his stun (Yellow Card) from Pick A Card. Pay attention to when he has it available.
The only problem with Zilean is his Time Bomb. Since Time Bomb is his only source of damage, he will try very hard to get close to you. Be warned! Once Zilean gets his Time Warp, he can easily give himself a speed boost, run toward you, then place Time Bomb on you. Be very attentive to when this happens. Always have enough health to survive at least 2 Time Bomb since Zilean can use a bomb right after he Rewind. If you do not have your Rebirth, do not try to 1v1 Zilean when he has his ultimate - Chrono Shift because he can revive himself with it.
Tips on Team Fights
What To Do As Anivia
- Target squishy champions such as the enemy's AP Carry.
- Stay behind your tank while nuking those in the front.
- Position your Glacial Storm so it will hit the most people. Keep in mind that it also reduces the enemy's attack speed. Use it to assist your allies if they are being targeted by a DPS.
- Use Crystallize to prevent enemies from escaping and also to separate the enemy team. You can also use Crystallize to save yourself or your allies from chasers. Keep in mind that Crystallize also reveals terrain: Use it to reveal major locations like Blue Golem, Dragon, and Baron. Use Crystallize to reveal a nearby bush if the enemies are MIA.
- Try to have your Rebirth available before team fights since the enemy will be quick to target you, dump all their spells on you, just to realize that you have your egg. WIN!
- Stay mobile. Position yourself so that the enemy is in range on your spells.
- Do get blue buff before team fights.
What Not To Do
- Never target the tanks.
- Never overextend and get caught by the enemy team.
- Never waste a majority of your Mana if you fear a team fight will occur.
- Never use Frostbite unless you are certain the enemy is "chilled" by Flash Frost or Glacial Storm.
- Never stray away from your teammates while in a teammate. Target one enemy champion at a time.
- Never troll with your Crystallize. Your allies will not be pleased if you caused their death with your wall.
My Games With Anivia
On one of the pictures, I took out the other games because they were of other AP champions that I play :)
Conclusion and Special Thanks
I hope you found my guide helpful and if you want me to add additional chapters, let me know, and I will try to work on them! :)
- A Video Will Be Up Soon. :)
- Season 3 updates plus new champions update in progress :)
- I will probably write my Lissandra guide a few weeks after she is released! :)
- I would like to give credit to jhoijhoi, astrolia, and many others for their guides.
Anivia - Ice Ice Baby [In-Depth]
Bird is the Word // Competitive // Updated in April
Anivia- [In-Depth] Guide To Dominate The Mid Lane [Updated]
Anivia - Icy Death