Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This build is based around allowing Anivia not only to deal masses of Magic Damage, but to allow her to take some hits in the process.
Focusing on gaining the 'Archangel staff' as early as possible, after the purchase of 'Heart of Gold'
the Specific item build is on http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/item-purchase-planner#&item=11-91-10-58-9-35-40-9-106-67-102-6-13-57-55-74
- Archangel Staff
~ Used for Mana Regen and Ability Power
- Randuin's Omen
~ Used for the Cooldown Reduction, and Defencive properties.
- Sorcerer's Boots
~ Standard Mage boots
- Zhonya's Ring
~ 25% Ability power boost, and Invinsibility.
- Sunfire Cape
~ Allows you to fight back during you Egg State
- Lich Bane
~ An Odd Choice, but it adds a mass of power to Anivia's Standard attacks.
The Masteries follow a Standard 9/0/21. focusing in Cooldowns, magic pen, and Summoner Spell enhancers for Tele, and Clarity.
~ Highly useful, works well with Flash Frost and Frostbite, in chain.
~ The only must use ability in my opinion for Anivia, helps cover her ridiculous Mana problem.
~ Can be used over Flash if you're worried about her movement speed.
Tips, Tricks, and Tactics
First off, as you probably are aware, Anivia is extremly brittle without some form of health, Armour and Magic Resist buff.
So you should ALWAYS buy a Ruby Crystal first, then buy Heart of Gold when you can (500g).
She is an extremly compitent mid, if played correctly. Flash Frost being used to harras, and even draw first blood in the 1v1s.
If you are laning with a partner (Top, Bot), then make sure you're with another character with Stun, Snare, Slow, as Anivia is deathly slow.
- Invinsable egg - Zhonya's Ring can be activated while you are in the egg.
- 1v1 Flash KO - Simple Flasf Frost to stun the enemy, Flash towards them, Frost bite them, Activate Glacial Storm and Crystalise to prevent escape. Follow up with Frostbite again if needed.
- Pursuit Breakers - Flash Frost and Crystalise are fantastic pursuit breakers. Stunning and Redirecting the opponent.
- Be Aggresive while rebirth is ready, back out during it's cooldown.
- Glacial Storm does not need to be on for long, remember the Mana costs.