Twisted Fate Build Guide by MaxieSStyle
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Types of Twisted Fates
There are 4 types of Twisted Fate at my guide. What does they do?
AP Twisted Fate - Focusing on Spell Damage, Great Pusher with Rabadon's Deathcap and Lich Bane.
Hybrid Twisted Fate - I love this way of playing Twisted Fate, he has abilities of AD and AP Twisted Fate, Great Destroyer late game.
AS Twisted Fate - Mostly against Tanky Teams, Insane damage at 4th attack.
AD Twisted Fate - Based on huge critical damage, very good after his range buff (from 510 to 525)
Twisted Fate and his allies receive an additional 2 gold per kill.
That's great passive for a good farmers ( Gragas) won't carry your game but additional 100 gold per 50 last hits is almost something...
Only good at AP Twisted Fate. May be used to stop recalling, but still, it's a waste of skillpoint at non-AD Twisted Fate.
This is your bread and butter, ability to last hit by using it, slowing all the enemy team and stunning one of them, also a good mini-game.
Must-be on all non-AP Twisted Fates, Your bonus damage, attack speed and cooldown reduction up to 15% - For The Win!
Personal Teleport, a very good for finishing off enemies that escape at low health ( Kassadin) used as Global CV is also good, as just a lane-teleport.
AP Twisted Fate
AP Twisted Fate focuses on doubled damage from his Pick A Card and additional damage from Lich Bane. You may do some serious stuff with it. (Check videos below)
I always try to harass my enemy by locking on Blue Card, using Wild Cards and regenerating mana by auto attack at minions (and of course last hitting :3). Stacking Blue Card and Stacked Deck is a very good trick for doing insane damage while regenerating mana!
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power - It gives 15 AP on Start, which is needed at all AP Carries.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration - Magic Pen is a must have at AP Carries.
Greater Seal of Vitality - For bonus survive ability.
Greater Glyph of Ability Power - It's almost good to have more AP at the start :3 May be changed by Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power but I prefer Potency way more.
- As for every AP Caster
- At start, you've got more AP than AD (probably) Building it into a Lich Bane. Gives additional 25 AP.
- Magic Penetration, Must have... huh...
- Best item, which gives tons of Ability Power, also rises AP gained from other items.
- Another Core item, converts your ap into bonus damage.
- Getting Focused? Use Zhonaya's and they'll switch the target.
- Bonus Spell Vamp is also viable choice.
- Health + massive slow
Hybrid Twisted Fate
Hextech Gunblade. It's my favourite and the hardest way to play Twisted Fate So far. So be patient, it's not for that new Twisted Fate Players.
As Hybrid Twisted Fate you've got to focus on last hits.
Greater Mark of Desolation - Armor Pen. Marks works great with Magic Penetration boots.
Greater Seal of Vitality - Survive Ability which is a must have for a long match which shows full power of Hybrid Twisted Fate.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction - Cooldown Reduction Per Level works with Basic CD from Your Stacked Deck
- This time building into a Trinity Force. Stacking this with Stacked Deck and a Blue Card will give you insane harassment on lane.
- A must have, cause of Armor Penetration Runes.
- I love this item so much, Gives everything that Twisted Fate needs, AD/AP/AS keeping it stacked will win for you so many fights.
- As Above, Gives everything that Hybrid Twisted Fate needs, AS/AP/AD and a lucky slow.
- You'll love this heal and also a slow from "active".
- Cooldown Reduction and we're getting closer to 40% maximum.
- Good against tanky team.
AS Twisted Fate
Sword of the Divine. He can take squishies within seconds by Stacked Deck Sword of the Divine stacked.
Greater Mark of Desolation - Armor Penetration, You still deal more normal damage than magic one.
Greater Seal of Attack Speed - Flat Attack Speed Seals - Buff for the early game AS.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction - Cooldown Reduction is almost viable at any kind of champion. You need it for your ultimate to use it more often.
- Boots for Attack Speed, which you're based on.
- Stacking it with your Stacked Deck is really sick.
- Huge attack speed buff and Ability power for your Pick A Card and Stacked Deck spells. And of course additional magic damage every hit rocks.
- Same as above.
- Your Bread and Butter at late game. You can take with it tanky enemies without higher problems...
- You're SQUISHY. This item will stop it, giving you Health and also great passive for ranged champions.
AD Twisted Fate
1. Enemy AD Carry
2. AP Carry
Greater Mark of Desolation - You deal normal AD Damage... so Armor pen.
Greater Seal of Armor - Armor against Other AD Carries.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - Resist for more survive ability.
- Doubling it gives you enought survive ability to be sustained before you'll get your banshee's.
- Attack Speed Boots Normal think as for ad carry.
- Your main source of damage. Critical Chance - Damage - Critical Damage
- You've gotten yours Infinity Edge, now you need some crit chance to make it more useful.
- You may get the Vamp. Scepter before to have some kind of health regeneration. It's also highest amout of Attack Damage in the game, always keep it stacked.
- Health Mana and Resists With Awesome Passive.
- At Late game people usually have some armor, so it's your armor penetration.