Heya! This will be my first guide, so please don't be afraid to comment/vote as I would love comments and feedback on this :) I find Janna to be an amazing support, I really do. In fact, she's one of my two favorites ( Sona
being the other one). However, going "AP Carry Janna" is pretty good as well!
She still has amazing disrupts, abilities that deal massive harass damage, a shield that isn't used just for the free BF sword effect, and a nice heal from her ultimate, Monsoon
The reason why she has the capability to be AP Janna is because of the scaling on her abilities, which are pretty damn high. By the time you max out your Howling Gale
, you will be raping the minion line and when you max out Zephyr
, you'll smack AD carries such as Ashe
like a boss!
Note that this guide is not completely serious and you should not be doing this in ranked games as you are still pretty squishy and are very cooldown dependent.
: Howling Gale
is the spell you will be using for the majority of the game. Known for its superb knockup, it can be used to quickly disable enemy champions such as Fiddlesticks
when they use their respective channeling moves. Howling Gale
is also a nice way initiate a gank during laning phase, following Howling Gale
to slow them down immensely, resulting in a kill or a Flash
Most people underestimate the raw damage Howling Gale
can do to enemy champions if you are playing AP. As support, this does barely any damage, but when you are AP Howling Gale
deals a great amount of damage, especially when charged. You want to max this first as this is the only spell you should be using against enemy minion waves. Howling Gale
is needed to smach through minions and push your lane when they get too aggresive.
Tips and Tricks!
- Remember that the damage and the range increases depending on how long Howling Gale is charged! Keep this in mind and experiment with the range.
- Always charge up Howling Gale for max damage against minion waves; do not let it off early if you're not attempting a kill
- Do not harass with Howling Gale, use this to instead push your lane and destroy the minion wave
- Only use one tornado per minion wave, as it is mana draining early on
- While being chased, quickly throw a non-charged Howling Gale behind you (assuming you know the distance) to knock them up.
has an amazing passive early on! It gives you free movement speed, making it so you do not need to get Boots of Speed
at first. The unit-free collision needs no explaination, as it is just amazing.
will become your primary nuking and chasing ability
mid-late game, as it slows the enemy champion down and allows for your team to catch up to the poor fellow and finish him/her off! Zephyr
is weak early game and is advised not to be used for the damage and instead for the slow at this point.
[Tips and Tricks!
- In teamfights, poke the enemy carry with Zephyr
- Slow down the enemy with Zephyr, using it offensively or defensively
- Floating is OP, therefore Zephyr is cool.