Shaco Build Guide by persevasara
Not Updated For Current Season
AP Shaco, Guide to make enemy
add some of these
Not Updated For Current Season
AP shaco, the most ****ed up enemy you can get, and this is why its so ****ed up.
My english isn't perfect and i dont really give a -poop- if you decide that you want to argue about my grammar in the comment sheet, go ahead!
Deathfire Grasp ............. this item combined to Jack In The Box + Two-Shiv Poison + Ignite + Lich Bane and Backstab makes your all-chat go full of "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED" and thats what you want!
Athene's Unholy Grail - shaco is sooooo hungry for mana and kinda clumsy what comes to farming (especially if you dont buy Madred's Razors ) After buying the grail you're able to spam your abilities for faster harashment and better farming.
Lich Bane - This item combined to shaco's 20% more dmg Backstab passive makes ALOT of effort
rest of the items are just up to your own playing style
If you need durability, go for Rylai's Crystal Scepter , Zhonya's Hourglass or Liandry's Torment
And for more burst, I recommend Rabadon's Deathcap + Void Staff
Cooldown reduction Morellonomicon
Smite + Ignite probably the best combo
Other good options with Smite
- Teleport especially when laning, youre able to use it to your Jack In The Box
- Clarity huuuuungryyyyy
- Heal if youre strugling in jungle
- Surge never really tried this? give it a shot and give me feedback
Runes & Masteries
two words: FLAT AP. gives you a good dmg to your Jack In The Box in early game, wich fastens your jungling and increases your chance to get kills. you can also use marks for magic penetration if you want. but seals you should keep as armour.
Not much to say about these. 9/9/12 is what i choose. simply because shaco needs everything. if you build only offense you will find yourself taking tons of damage and if you choose to build defense, you'll never deal tons of damage
Not really anything hard, pretty simple. Important thing about ap jungling is to remember that everytime you go shopping, get some potions with you. after chalice of harmony, no need for manapotions. Shaco isnt a fast jungler so kills are what you need!
- wolves and blue without smite (teammate can give some help)
- gank (possible first blood on enemy wraith camp, or wait for enemy starting to kill red lizard, kill the enemy and Smite the lizard)
- gank (go check enemy blue asap if your enemy jungler has started at red, you might have a chance for a kill and buff steal)
- 2boxes on red, then pull it to boxes and Smite it down if you havn't already used it
Key to successful jungling is ganking and counter jungling
Remember to always hit the enemy in the back cause of the Backstab , use Two-Shiv Poison and place a good Jack In The Box behind the enemy, if he gets feared, he gets = dead. Try not to use Deceive when going into a fight, always try to leave it as an escape skill or countering an enemy Flash while chasing. If you are forced to dive, try to use Hallucinate for tanking the tower.
when escaping, ALWAYS Deceive yourself to the not-obvious direction, usually best way to escape a chasing enemies is to Deceive back in middle of them and run through them to the opposite direction and find a safe place for recalling back to base. always use Jack In The Box right next to you when casting recall in a risky places.
Pros / Cons
- the unbelievable ganks
- amazing counter jungling
- can escape about any situation
- oneshotting enemy's carries If getting even a little fat
- extremely fun to play
- blue buff........... you'll see.
- jungling needs some practicing before you actually get it done right and smoothly
Good tip's & trick's
- If enemy jungler is starting at blue and their red Isn't guarded, use Smite + Jack In The Box for your blue and rush for the enemy wraith bush, you should be able to stack a few boxes in there before enemy jungler comes. Two-Shiv Poison + Ignite and Backstab that b*tch in the back! and you got yourself a firstblood.
- box stacking while farming an empty lane, get a good bush or any other spot where the enemy is predicted to come or you will be able to lure him there in some point and just stack em, if enemy runs for the boxes, just Deceive to the spot and combo him with Deathfire Grasp + Two-Shiv Poison + Ignite + Lich Bane Backstab. if your enemy isn't dead after that, i suggest you to get back to playing runescape
- when playing with a friend, go for Blitzcrank + Shaco lane. at the beginning stack 5boxes for blue buff and then pick a spot somewhere in lane, for example a good bush where you start stacking boxes until blitzcrank get's an successful hook to them -> instant death. (credits to Sykkuno/Anklespankin)
- use Hallucinate for for luring enemies into boxes and run headlessly for weak enemies that hopefully attack you and image throws UNBELIEVABLE dmg output.
- always chase the enemy ad carry, make hes whole game a torture wich will end to a rage quit at 20minutes when hes team refuses to surrender.