Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Urgot with this build
|Bard||Play Safe. His Stun is easily dodged, his passive will barely sting when shielded, and his health packs are like bandaging an amputation.|
|Morgana||Don't get binded.|
|Tahm Kench||As a Tahm main, I can say that this matchup is fine. Maybe I just know the Champ's limits well, but generally just don't expect mad kills and avoid getting swallowed like I avoided it when I was conceived.|
Please continue reading if any of the following apply to you:
- You want to play a build so toxic that people afk.
- You want to try a build in which the only counterplay is the build itself.
- You hate ADCs.
- You're troubled past has led you to a realm in which you lash out to others through your free spirited in game picks
- You want to have some fun.
OK, now that I have established the basics of this guide's purpose, let's get to the goods.
AP URGOT SUPPORT
After playing a ranked placement game in which my team's jungler AFKed after I picked Urgot Mid, (a champ that I can easily play in that role) I set out to become one of the first ever Urgot One-Trick-Pony. To do so, I opened my account "FurgotToBanUrgot" and set off to troll people just by playing well. However, along the way, I joined up with many friends. Of course, being a support main by nature meant that I only have one option: To play Urgot Support. And what better way to do so than with the dumbest build humanly possible?
DISCLAIMER: THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED TO BE SIMPLE, HUMOROUS, AND QUICK.
(also im lazy lol.)
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed: Gotta Go Fast! This will help you dodge skillshots, avoid aggro, and roam quicker. Something that Urgot really lacks. If this is unimportant to you as you are MLG LCS level mechanics, you could swap them out for some Armor, CDR, or even Flat Health!
- greater mark of hybrid penetration: Great for some solid damage both in AP form and AD form. A real go-to for this build and HIGHLY recommended!
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Great for staying healthy in a high poke/AP support lane. 1v1 me, Karma.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Again, staying in lane due to your lack of a steady sustain is going to be important. This will give you a good early game defense.
Feel free to consider many options depending on your choice of whether you want to play as a kill support, poke support, or even as a rushed peel support (please don't do that in my ranked games.)
I personally run this set. 18 in Cunning gives us access to the power of while also being sure to give us the important support masteries of for money and for dank roams.
12 in Resolve, however, is a personal choice. It gives me a bit more tankiness that Urgot benefits from greatly. If you plan to build tank, taking is almost as important as wiping your butt after a poop, while is just jokes when you add in the slow Urgot's gives.
Idk. I mean, this guide was never really serious to begin with, but this mastery set gives you so much damage that Lucian is a little bit jealous. is the key to this, as your opponents are going to be as slow as Usain Bolt after getting bit by a crocodile with your and combo!
Pros / Cons
|+ High Poke
+ Relative Tank-ocity
+ A Suppress!!!!!!1!!@@
+ You Look Hip AF.
|Urgot's kill pressure in lane will definitely be unexpected and reliable. He offers a large amount of poke, burst, relative tankiness, and a dope ultimate that basically secures kills with minimal effort. Also, in the case of having a Bronze ADC who has 3 CS at 7 minutes, you can build a decent amount of damage.|
AP aka the "UrGot Milk?" build
This part, much like most of the things under a first year college student's mattress, is dope!
Let's take a champion with one AP scaled ability and build him pure AP! What could go wrong???
this will be the core of the AP Urgot. If it worked for AP Ezreal, it can work here! Right? I mean, what could go wrong? Haha. Ha.
AD aka the "I don't want my team to flame me like a Brand ult" build
This will give you decent armor shred for your ADC while also letting you use to give slight peel and tank-ocity (is that a word? I'mma make that a word.)
- Mercury's Treads: Good to prevent death. Not Dying = OP. Could also be swapped with
for more early game roam potential, or ever
for late game Attack Speed if you didn't build
- Eye of the Oasis: Good gold source and Mana source. Also, gives wards as vision is the key to success (and also not getting reported for trolling.) If you are looking for a more solid engage for teamfights, you could build
as separate items.
- Death's Dance/ Phantom Dancer: Physical Damage and also a little more safety in fights. Death's Dance works especially well with while Phantom Dancer is good if you decide to build some crit into your kit, and works wonders with your .
- Trinity Force: The removal of crit actually makes this a little more viable for Urgykins. The extra attack speed, Sheen Proc, and general damage boost makes this a good pickup if your Acid is feeling a little Flacid.
How to Order Abilities:
ZAUN-TOUCHED BOLT AUGMENTER
Urgot's passive. Reduces the damage dealt by minions, monsters, and champions hit by Urgot's basic attacks.
Not only is this ability great as a minor method of protecting an adc, it is awesome for pushing minion waves for level two, and goes super well with many items like or
Urgot shoots a projectile towards your mouse location that deals a decent chunk of damage and greatly scales off of AD.
This abilities huge range of 1000 is great to safely harass from a distance or in bushes. It also allows for some cheeky dragon steals. It's high damage and low cooldown will make it basically more often cast than your basic attacks. Also, killing minions with it refunds 20 mana, so be sure to get some CS while your ADC is at base or help kill casters under tower.
This is the Bread and Butter of Support Urgot. When activated, this ability grants a hefty shield that scales off of AP.
While active, not only does Urgot get a dope shield, but his basic attacks and Acid Hunters will slow enemies hit. This is your main form of peel and survival, so be careful when to use it and when it goes on cooldown. Opponents will not expect your tankiness when you have 200 AP and your shield protects almost 400 damage.
NOXIAN CORROSIVE CHARGE
Urgot launches a vat of AOE posion on target location.
The poison not only shreds a large amount of armor, but also deals decent damage and allows any Acid Hunters launched in the next 5 seconds to lock onto any target hit by the Corrosion. This ability is what will make and break your lane bullying. Try to predict where lane opponents will move, whether it be to pick up CS or harass you. A real obvious one is when a tanky support wants to expend their Relic Shield on a Caddy minion.
HYPER-KINETIC POSITION REVERSER
Urgot suppresses an opponent and switches location with them after a short duration.
During the channel, Urgot receives slightly reduced damage, and upon swapping, he fears all nearby enemies while being able to move through minions and slowing the champion he switched with. This ability is fun for securing kills, escaping ganks, and in some rare situations, initiating a swap into a team fight (don't assume this will always be possible, as often it can get you killed.)
Stage of Game
What to Do?
Image taken from Nox Scourge's YouTube Channel. Click here to check out my favorite video of theirs!