Katarina General Guide by charliesheen
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello summoners I am frostitute12. I am a 1350 elo kata player. I enjoy playing her because she is very mobile and if u can time and place yourself properly you will melt their entire teams health and with Voracity you just Bouncing Blades Shunpo Sinister Steel and they will be dead.
Pros / Cons
- Best clean up in the game
- very easy to roam with
- helps other lanes win by ganking
- easy to farm
- good escape
- susceptible to CC
- bad laning phase
- needs farm or kills to carry
- relatively squishy
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
For runes as katarina i like to use
9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration - I use this because it is what every mid uses. More MP more dmg nuff said.
9x Greater Seal of Scaling Health - I use this to help make katarina tankier health wise. This way it will allow you to last longer in teamfights.
9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power - I use these over flat AP runes because you struggle so hard laning you might as well prepare yourself for late game.
3x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power - i use these because it is the rune that every other ap mid that's good uses.
I take 21/9/0 as katarina because i like to take all of the offensive ap dmg to up her dmg for late game. I grab the health mastery's to get kata more tanky and i take 3 points into mr and 1 point into armor. The reasoning for this is so that you have the extra MR against your apponent. If your against an AD mid just switch them for the armor mastery's.
As kata i start Boots of Speed and 3x Health Potion so i can get early mobility
to dodge skill shots and some sustain so i can stay and farm.
At my first back i try to build towards Haunting Guise And my Kage's lucky Pick
Also remembering to take Health Potion and sight ward
Next i build Sorcerer's Shoes and upgrade them with furor.
After sorc shoes i go mr shred by grabbing an Abyssal Scepter I choose this over void staff because it helps get you tankier with the MR and your going to be up close and personal killing all of your enemies.
after that i build Haunting Guise Into Liandry's Torment.
Then ending your late game with Rabadon's Deathcap Rylai's Crystal Scepter and finally Hextech Gunblade
Sorcerer's Shoes Best mage boot in the game.
Abyssal Scepter Really good magic resist and magic pene.
Liandry's Torment Very good combined with your ult. If ur team has a lot of CC it will do even more.
Rabadon's Deathcap More AP more dmg
Rylai's Crystal Scepter Adds health AP and a slow. The slow makes [[Liandry's torment do more damage.
Hextech Gunblade Adds more ap and damage to your ult. It also gives you spell vamp for more sustain in team fights.
If you want to you can drop Liandry's Torment and go Zhonya's Hourglass
For skills i max Sinister Steel first Bouncing Blades second Death Lotus third and taking your final point in Shunpo
summoners you run on katarina
you take flash over ghost because it is a better escape in every single aspect. It is also a very good gap closer and combined with shunpo ward jumps you will never get stuck.
Ignite is also used for securing your kills.
Farming as katarina is very easy. All you need to do is q,w and auto attack. and u can clear waves late game in about 1 combo.
In team fights As katarina you want to wait for the enemy team to use all of there cc and then Bouncing Blades, Shunpo, Sinister Steel, Death Lotus and then after there all low and your cooldowns reset jump Bouncing Blades, Shunpo, Sinister Steel
- when you face ahri in lane you will go into a corner and cry. This isn't a good matchup. If your getting ballsy and ur laning against her ulti her when her taunt is on cooldown. Make sure you dodge her shots and poke her back. Buy pots you'll need them.
- Akali isn't seen mid much anymore but if your against her just poke her down and if he jumps onto you and shrouds just Sinister Steel and Death Lotus.
- Don't engage roam and farm your lane. If you fight her your going to lose 90% of the time.
- Don't fight her when you are in lane unless you are getting a gank. If you ult she'll just stun you and cancel your ult. If you go to fight her ult after her combo.
- Relatively easy land just dodge his spells and only engage when his stun is on cooldown.
- Easy lane until 6. Watch out for all her spells and never look her in the eyes. If u fight ult after she does.
- You are dead high cc. Don't stay in this lane. it is lost at level 1.
- Your completely and utterly dead. Never pick her against diana. Never play against diana. unless your a pro like reginald because he is awesome good.
- don't let her get close to you. Her percent damage hurts a lot. lower her with you Sinister Steel and combo when she is low.
- If you face fiddlesticks you are dead. He has a silence and fear and your weakness is cc. Bad idea.
- Easy lane just dodge his ult but be wary if he hits 6 and he ults you your going to die.
- Build magic pene and once he hits six never get close to him. Don't stay in lane just roam and farm when he isn't there. Bad idea to lane against him.
- Before 6 just dodge his barrels with Shunpo but once he hits 6 watch out for his ult.
- farm, never fight him with his towers. watch out for his stun and rocket combo.
- Easy win just dodge his q. He has 0 hard cc and you can out roam trade and easily win against him.
- You can't win trades with him. He'll out roam you when he has blue buff so all you can do is farm and not get hit by a skill shot.
- You playing against your self. May the one following this guide win. I.E skill match up.
- He has a long range so watch out. Don't engage when all his spells are off cooldown. He'll stun your *** and then eat your health away. Farm and roam.
- picture this. You are a stick of butter. And she will throw you into a forest fire. Enough said.
- No hard cc just poke and farm and kill her. Roam a lot and watch out when you low because of her stupid ult.
- Watch out for his combo because you won't be able to do anything. If you are getting ownd build a Quick silver sash
- No hard cc but he has an OP shield. Just poke poke poke and roam and try to stay within 1000 farm.(no typo)
- can't kill you easily just dodge her spells and watch out for her spell shield and lvl 6.
- Dodge her ballz. She counters you hard. farm and roam.
- You will die no matter what. Stun + early damage = you dieing.
- Watch out for his ult. Never Death Lotus In it or else you are going to die. Just poke farm and roam.
- You will get destroyed. try to farm and roam as much as you can. DON'T FEED HIM.
- You can win trades. All you need to do is dodge Nevermove and you win lane. Just poke farm and roam.
- It's syndra if you lose you need to uninstall. She is not a good champ
- He basically controls whether you live or not. If he wants you dead. Your dead. Just farm and try to out roam him.
- Dodge engage when he has gold card. try to call all of his ganks and to follow them. Just farm poke and try to stay with him. Also dodge his ********.
- just don't get caught and youll do fine. you can out poke him if u play smart. just don't let him farm.
- don't get stunned. His ult is a silence. Don't engage without someone else.
- just poke him and make sure you ult when his Sanguine Pool is on cooldown. Skill match up.
- he has long range and just dodge Arcanopulse if you get stunned when he is six don't bother fighting him. If his spells are on cooldown you can easily beat him.
- Dodge his bombs and poke him back. Don't engage on his Satchel Charge or when it's up. Just farm poke and roam.
- Dodge her combo and Shunpo out of her ult. Roam. You can't farm. Get your lane camped by every single ******** ******* lee sin there is. You aren't winning this lane.