Ziggs Build Guide by Serium88
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey Guys this is Martin/Serium88/ShortY(EU West) from Germany.
First of all , this is my first Guide on Mobafire so please be gentle.
Secondly, please note that this Guide is still under construction!!!
( Ziggs,just got introduced ) so please be patient.
If you feel like you're missing something, instead of down voting ,
just leave me a comment with some constructive feedback behind, that way I
can improve this Guide. ( i will credit all helpers in this Guide )
It would be also really nice if you would share your experiences with me.
Comming Soon / Updates
- Champions and their danger to Ziggs
- Blue Buff & Ziggs
- How to successful Hera$s
- BBC Codes (done)
- Icons/Items (done)
- Screenshots/Images/Pictures + map(with possibiliys)
- Gameplay Videos
- In Deep detailed Guide
- Alternative Rune setup, alternative Mastery setup, alternative skill sequence(?) , alternative build/s
- Tips & Tricks
- Variety ( adding humor to make it fun to read etc. )
Pros / Cons
- ~Very strong Harasser
- ~High Damage
- ~Low (Q) Bouncing BombCD
- ~Great long Range
- ~Has a great Slow
- ~Aoe Damage
- ~Map/Battlefield Controll
- ~Very good at interuppting Tower Caps
- ~Great Ultimate to Support Teammates & does TONS of Damage!
- ~Great Passive
- ~With enough AP you can take out idividuel Champions with Full Health (1vs1)
- ~Very fun to play
- ~Vulnerable to CC
- ~extremly squishy (if your (W) Satchel Charge and Flash are on CD , youre most likely dead
- ~Slow movement speed
- ~Difficult to master
- ~You have to be good at predicting enemy movements to be able to aim probably
- ~Your only "Anti CC"(W) Satchel Charge has an high CD
- ~ Mega Inferno Bomb has a warning indicator!
- ~if you aint carefull and dont keep your range , you're usually focused first
- ~Mana Problems early game
Skill Sequence & Ability explanation
Mega Inferno Bomb>(Q) Bouncing Bomb>(E) Hexplosive Minefield>(W) Satchel Charge
- Short Fuse So every few Seconds the next Basic Attack deals Bonus Damage. On Top of that everytime Zigg's uses one of his
Abilitys Short Fuse comes up more quickly. Pretty nice Extra Damage.
- (Q) Bouncing Bomb Your Main Damage Ability/Source. Take it by lvl 1 and max it by lvl 9. If the Bomb doesent land on an enemy it bounce instead. Note that the Distance determintes the Speed it bounces. On top of that it can damage all sorunding Enemys!
However you have to be pretty good at the prediction of the enemys movement.
- (E) Hexplosive Minefield Scatters Mines , which are very usefull and slows the Enemy/s by detonation. However dont just randomly spamm it , in fact you have to use it wisely/right , it has a nice slow so you really want to get your enemys trapped in it , which come's really in handy!
- (W) Satchel Charge This is our Utility Spell.Take just one point at lvl 4 and max it last. The Blast(Knockback) is great to get an enemy away from you/teammate/s, it's also great for Ziggs to escape from the Enemy (wall jumping/crossing). In plenty situations this will be a Life-Saver. However this is your only "Anti-CC" , because of its pretty long Cooldown you want to have this Ability avaible as long as possible and only want to use it if you really have to. DONT just randommly spamm it , use it wise!
- (R) Mega Inferno Bomb I grab my Ulti at lvl 6/11/16 , it's really usefull/helpfull especially because of it's massive Range. You can kinda Compare it to Gangplanks Ulti Cannon Barrage, but instead of 25 Cannon Balls over 7 seconds , Ziggs will throw a single Bomb which blast's an area on the map. Not to mention.., it does TONS of damage to all Enemys caught in it! However use it wisely , it places a warning to it's enemys right before it lands ( ~ 1-3 seconds till its there , apparently it depends on the range/how far away you throw it )
This is usually the right choice to start with in Dominion. Q is yor Main Damage Ability/Source and E does nice damage and on top of that it slows for a short duration. When you Hit level 4 grab (W) Satchel Charge as it can comes in handy.
- Flash: It Will help to secure Kills or escape from scary Situations
- Ghost: Overall a good choice at Dominion , since youre running around the Map quite alot , and sometimes you need to be really quick. Keep in Mind Ziggs is one of the slowest characters ingame!
- Ignite: Just that lil' bit of Damage to finish them off. However so far i prefer Flash& Ghost over Ignite. It's better to be save than sorry. Your long Q and R Range is usually more than enough to finish the Enemy.
- Cleanse: As youre kinda squishy and dont really have any anti CC this might come in handy, however i personal prefer Flashover Cleanse. Why? Well Flash can be used as an offensive and an defensive spell. On top of that in combination with (W) Satchel Charge nobody should be able to catch you ( aside from maybe lets say uhm..Warwick & Nocturne )
- Exhaust A nice Spell indeed , however i personally dont really see the need of it on Ziggs on Dominion.
In my Eyes the Main/Core Spells are just way more usefull overall , besides Zigg's allready has an ridiculous Range and a short slow, which should be enough.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
However some CD reduction could also come in handy. It will take some time to thoroughly test it.
MasteriesZiggs it's only viable to run one way with the Mastery Tree. We want 21 / 0 / 9.
Taking all the Ability Power , CD reduction ,Increased Masteries + Offence + Magic Pen. also inscreased Buff duration.
- Prospector's Ring: 200 hp, 30 ap, and 7 mp5 thats exactly what we want at the beginning.
- Boots of Speed// Sorcerer's Shoes: We want this Item for the Magic Penetration it provides, so that we deal extreme damage with our abilities.
However latly i feel mutch better & saver with a Pair of Boots of Swiftness on Ziggs
, especially because he is one of the slowest characters ingame.
- Health Potion: Better Save than sorry. Ziggs has a small Healthpool , those Potions allow you to stay longer in fight/defending , besides i find em especially usefull against DOT's/Ignite's. One more Advice , you can pop 2 Potions at once.
- Rabadon's Deathcap: The Infinity Edge for Casters. I dont need to say anything more , do i?
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter: An additional Slow , HP and AP. It's really nice on Ziggs. If i feel like i need some extra HP but dont want to lose Damage i usually pick it.
- Morello's Evil Tome: Cooldown reduction is pretty nice to make Ziggs more deadly. I might grab this after I've obtained my core items.
- Void Staff:More Magic Penetration to nuke those pesky tanks.
- Banshee's Veil:Survivability against AP carries.
- Zhonya's Hourglass:Survivability against AD carries , on top of that AP.
- Lich Bane If you're doing great , that Item is like really great on Ziggs it works totally awesome with his Passvie Short Fuse plus i really really like that extra movement speed ;]
- Hextech Revolver: If you're doing great and have some extra money. 1200G is pretty nice for this one. However , so far i dont really see the need of spellvamp for Ziggs. However i will give it some more tests.
- (more comming soon)
Your Role in Dominion (Gameplay/Playstyle) :
- to support your teammates with slow/s / Ulti
- Interrupting enemys from capping
- To do Sh!tloads of Damage!
- ( more comming soon )
Like i mentioned before , please dont forget that this is my first Guide and that it's still under construction ( Ziggs just got introduced) so please be patient.
If you feel like you're missing something, instead of down voting , just leave me a comment behind with some constructive feedback, that way I can improve this Guide. ( i will credit all helpers in this Guide! )
My english skills arent perfect , so if you find any mistakes.., please let me know. I appreciate it ;)!
A Special thanks to jhoijhoi for the line dividers/separators & plenty of information ( without him i would be totally lost as an "new/unexperienced mobafire guide writer"!
Thanks Mate , youre great!
Ziggs: An In-Depth Nuclear Apocalypse
S3 Carry Your Team Ft. Ziggs
Ziggs - Poking & Prodding (Detailed 1v1 Mid Guide)
Ziggs (In-Depth Guide) - Here comes the BOOM!