Build Guide by iCryMore
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Peeps, I made this guide to share my playstyle/item build with Brand :)
I prefer using Cooldown Reduction/survivability over Mass Ability power/Magic Penatration.
The way to have the best damage output is not the Mass Ability power, but the quick usage of your spells. With CDR u can quickly use your spells in diffrent order for diffrent sitiuations. With cleanse and flash it is easy to escape or chase in any situation, always have sear ready for escape or prefend your target from escaping.
I dont know how to insert icons and symbols into my script, maybe someone can explain this to me with a comment :)
I prefer to take Regrowth pendant / Mana pot over a Doran's Ring, this is because the key to make kills with brand is to constantly keep trying to damage your lane-opponent and farm 100% in your lane.
Starting of with a Doran's Ring, without any health regen, makes u leave your lane eventually.
Doesn't matter which lane u play, focus on last hits and auto-attack / Pillar of Flame your opponent.
The reason I dont max-out Pillar of Flame nor Conflagration is because the damage output is the combination of 3 skills, not just one.
Most people prefer to max out the ability power of casters. But u must understand that when a caster's spells are on cooldown, there is no damage-output nor escape possiblity. Thats why i mostly play with cooldown reduction / cleanse / flash.
so, when u see a moment to leave ur lane (opponents missing/dead) U should use that to make your early build complete.
Philsopher's Stone / boots / Daron's Ring.
This is just a cheap build to stay in your lane and start farming for gold for ur main items. U should be able to afford this build between lvl 5-8.
The last item to fully complete your early build is: Ionian boots of Lucidity.
After this your main concern is to rush to Rylai's Scepter. This is pretty much the main item for brand. Ability power / health, but mostly the slow.
From now on it is all depending on your play/enemy team.
The item u want to rush for is: Rabadon's Deathcap. This is easy to reach u made kills in your lane and are able to stay in your lane to farm minions/neutral minions.
- If you died alot, and have no time to farm minions/neutral monsters, U have to aim for cheap items: Fiendish Codex.
- If your enemy team has alot of AP damage, U could aim for Abbysal Scepter (or only buy Negatron Cloak and save your money for Rabadon's Deathcap).
- If the enemy team has alot of AD damage and maybe focusing u in a team fight, U might consinder build a Zhonya's Hourglass before building Rabadon's Deathcap. This item is the best friend of a caster. It gives u enough armor to defend yourself against focus of carry's, also the active gives u enough time to recharge your spell-combination.
But in the end u should always have Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass and Abbysal Scepter. Just to gather the AP and fend yourself against any kind of attack (AP or AD).
Your last item would be Void staff or Morello's Evil Tome. These 2 items have pretty much the same +AP. U should take Void staff when your team has a hard time bringing down the enemy tank or the enemy team is stacking some Magic Resistance. Other than that I would prefer Morello's Evil Tome. Just for the Cooldown Reduction and mana regen.
My Tips for Brand:
- Don't cast pillar of flame to recklessly. First try to stun the target before using it. This is your strongest spell.
- Always try to take the Golem buff. U should be able to get this when you finished Rylai's Scepter.
- Smart usage of Conflagration: U can use the AOE of Conflagration to set your target on fire and stun him(with Sear) without first trying to hit him with Pillar of Flame. (For instance: U are trying to hit the enemy Champion with pillar of flame, failed to hit the champ but u hit a creep, Conflagration on the minion to set the champion on fire and he is ready to get stunned and be hit by your second Pillar of Flame).
- Casting range of Pillar of Flame is large, Use this to stay out of the range of your enemies. Engage when you layed down on successfull Pillar of Flame.
- Use your ulti on a target who is allready on fire. This won't give the enemies the time to get the time to get out of range.
- Try to use your ulti when there are no minions around.
Thank you for taking the time to read. Any comments are Welcome