Build Guide by Sasukao_1
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
THIS ISN'T THE FINAL BUILD! I'm still editing it, so don't be mad!
Brand is a great nuker, but he is squishy as hell!
He is an awesome champion, but he is likely to be nerfed.
On this build, I pick some items do give Brand more health so he can have more survivability, but can still deal awesome amounts of damage because of his high AP.
And remember, FARM A LOT! Brand's Build is very expensive, and he got some awesome farming skills, so use it a lot! This will be much more detailed on Skills & Combos sections, so take a look on there.
Constructive feedback is MUCH appreciated, since this is my second build, but the first wasn't a great one. :P
Pros & Cons
- Tons of Damage
- Looks Badass!
- Kinda Squishy
- Easy to dodge stun
- Focused on Team Fights
- Mana Dependant (Early Game)
Magic Penetration is very useful, so tanks can take a lot of damage, and squishy ones take even more damage!
This extra AP is superb early game, you will kill more easily, and this means: GOLD!
My personal pick is Ignite and Flash.
Ignite: I find this spell very useful, if you are not right that you can kill your target, just light this up on him, so you can take the kill.
Flash: This is an awesome spell for Brand. You can Flash combo your enemy, especially if you are on the bushes. And is a awesome escape spell.
Exhaust: Really useful if a DPS is going to kill you. Use this, and show him your way of doing business. Or can use this just to escape.
Ghost: Brand doesn't got a lot of defenses, so being fast will help him, but I prefer Flash. Just stick with your team mates doing what you do best: damage!
Clarity: Helps a lot with Brand mana issues. You'll be harassing like the whole game, so your mana will run out very quickly, so getting this should help you with this problem. But mid to late game clarity turns out to be not that useful.
Cleanse: It can be very useful to escape minions, but Brand is squishy, so you don't have to put yourself in situations that you'll need this spell. Flash or Ghost is about a hundred times more useful than this spell.
Rally: Just don't.
Clairvoyance: You don't got a global ult. Just leave this to Ezreal or Ashe.
Revive: If you are going to use this, you just did the wrong thing buying Brand.
Smite: You are not jungling, so this isn't necessary.
Sapphire Crystal: This is a must have item in the beginning of the match! You will run out of mana really quick without this item, and you don't want to brb everytime, right?
Catalyst The Protector Catalyst The Protector: You really should get this item after Sapphire Crystal, because everytime you lvl up, you will get more mana, so you can lane longer.
Sorcerer's Shoes: You get magic penetration, just what you needed it.
- Optional: Mejai's Soulstealer: If you are doing good, buy Mejai's Soulstealer after buying Sorcerer's Shoes, so you can stack up your AP.
Rod of Ages: Perfect item for Brand. It gives you more health, improving your survivability, plus mana and ability power. Get this ASAP.
Skills & Combos
Brand is a mainly combo so character, so the sequence you use is very important.
Here, I'll give you some tips, to take the best of them.
- Sear: Brand launches a ball of fire forward that deals 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+65% of ability power) magic damage. If the target is ablaze, the target will be stunned for 2 seconds.
Tip: Always remember to use Sear after you ablaze your enemy, so you can stun him. I personally don't like to put a lot of skill points at this ability, since I only use it because of the stun.
- Pillar of Flame: After a short delay, Brand creates a pillar of flame at a target area, dealing 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+60% of ability power) magic damage to enemy units with the area. Units that are ablaze take an additional 25% damage.
Tip: This is Brand main skill. Use it a lot for harassing your enemies. When you are about to cast it, try to center your enemy inside the AoE, so it's harder to him to escape the hit. Max this ability first.
- Conflagration: Brand conjures a powerful blast at his target, dealing 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+55% of ability power) magic damage to them. If the target is ablaze the conflagration will damage nearby enemies as well.
Tip: Conflagration is a great skill to begin your combos. Since you can select the enemy you want to hit, I prefer this skill + Sear to stun the target.
- Pyroclasm: Brand unleashes a devastating torrent of fire that bounces between enemies, dealing 150 / 250 / 350 (+50% of ability power) magic damage each time it bounces. If a target is ablaze, Pyroclasm's missile speed increases. It will bounce five times, and can hit the same enemy up to three times.
Tip: Really useful ultimate in a Team Fight. It does tons of damage, but remember to ablaze your target first, so it bounces faster, giving enemies no time to run.
- Harass Combo: >> ( If enemy close enough to hit both, if enemy is far just use Pillar of Flame ).
- Creeping Combo: ( Hit on the center of the wave ) >> ( Hit an ablazed minion ). On lvl 6 you should be getting almost the entire wave.
- 1 on 1: >> >> >> REPEAT >> ( If he still alive and near other champions/minions ) and if he still alive just IGNITE HIM !!
Hall of Victories & Ending
Hall of Victories!
So, I hope you guys liked it!
If you guys find any error, just write down on the comments.
Credits: Sasukao ( this is my in-game name too)
Update: 1.0 ( Beta Build Released )