D NUNU GATEZ
Full Build (in order of importance)
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Nunu with this build
|Amumu||Take EVERYTHING from Amumu. Make him cry. You are the reason he doesn't have any friends.|
- His updated Ice Blast (at 40% cdr and max rank) has a 2.4 cooldown and slows an enemy champion by 60% for 2 seconds. It's pretty much a perma CC on champions with no tenacity or boots of swiftness. Pair it with Iceborn Gauntlet to stick to an enemy target.
- He can clear very fast.
- He can infinitly farm with the addition of Hunter's Potion.
- Tracker's Knife gives him the vision control he needs to counter jungle. With the removal of green wards you have the ability to track your enemy junglers' movements and control the pace of the game.
- Because you can shut down the enemy jungle by stealing his camps
- You can literally *snowball* the game.
- You will make the enemy team tilt.
When to and when not to pick Nunu?
You want to pick Nunu as a counterpick to attack speed based junglers that want to build devourer, and into junglers that can't burst you down early game, such as Amumu, Sejuani and Volibear.
You usually don't want to pick Nunu into junglers with ranged or good kits like Elise, Kindred, Graves and Lee Sin.
Another key factor is to make sure your team has enough damage on it. If you have a malphite/mundo/nautilus top with a lulu mid, then don't pick Nunu because your team won't be able to kill anybody.
How to counter jungle?
As soon as the clock hits the 1:40 mark, the race is on! You have so many options as Nunu.
- Ward your enemy's red/blue around the 1:15 mark. Then as soon as you finish your first camp, you can run over to the enemy jungle and try to steal his red/blue buff by consuming it.
- When you see the enemy jungler on the mini map, you can choose to counter gank or enter his jungle on the opposite side of the map and steal his camps.
- Keep track of which side of the map he starts and try to time his red and blue buffs. If he started Red and you started Blue side, your timers should match up.
- If he tried to do a level 3 gank after clearing 1 side of his jungles, punish him for it by taking his big buff.
- When counter jungling try to clear the big monsters but leave a small one behind (with the exception of Gromp). This will prevent the camp from respawning before he goes to clear it. If you continue to do this you will deny him a lot of farm throughout the game and you will soon have 2-3 levels on him.
- If you meet him in his jungle, keep an eye on the mini map for missing enemies. Once you are spotted you should smite + consume a camp he is doing and then quickly run to the other side of his jungle.
- They will try to counter jungle you once you steal a few of their camps, so you might need to do a full clear.
How to Gank?
Ganking with Nunu is extremely easy!
You want to keep an eye on the most nearby lane for skirmishes or over extended enemy champions. You can easily use your movement speed from your w to reach your allies in seconds.
Also the easiest lane to gank as Nunu is mid lane since you can come behind an enemy champion after stealing the enemy's raptor camp.
Top lane is also extremely easy to gank if they over extend. You can continually ice blast and chase them down the lane.
Breaching the Gates and Split Pushing
Nobody expects a Nunu to split push...but if you farmed correctly in the early game you will be by far the strongest champion on the map. In the midgame you should be splitting as much as possible to maintain your level and gold advantage and carry your team to victory.
Nunu's kit is very versatile in the right hands. You can use his W to run away from enemies or to take down turrets. His wave clear isn't that great without Runic Echoes, Iceborn and Sunfire Cape, but don't be afraid to use your ult to clear a big wave! The goal in split pushing is to put pressure on the map. If they send only 1 person to stop you, you can win duels by cheesing them with your Ice Blast + Iceborn Gauntlet combo. If they send more than one, you can easily escape and try again in a little while.
Putting pressure on the map allows the rest of your team to take other objectives if they group as 3 or 4.
If you counter jungled appropriately, they will win the 4v4s, or the 3v3s due to the enemy jungler being behind the whole game and not being strong enough to teamfight.