Caitlyn Build Guide + Videos b
Hello it's Misterfirstblood from Euw.
I published this guide on April 26th 2016 and its not completed yet!
Sorry for Mistakes in my Syntax, im german and trying my best :D
Caitlyn is a high ranged Ad-Carry with a really strong autoattacks and good waveclear.
Today I wanna show you how I play Caitlyn in season 6 because theres a lot of things changed about items and masteries in the latest patches.
Take Attack speed and Flat Ad in Quints and Marks.
Flat armor seals will make your trades on botlane better.
Because Caitlyn mostly wins her lane you should use scaling magic resistance instead of flat magic resistance runes (the blue ones) to make your mid and late game better.
Avoid Lifesteal Quints, if your laning phase is hard take warlords bloodlust instead.
I also use 1 critical strike mark. Some pro players do that because it can completely change a trade in early if you hit a 1% crit.
Because of her increased passive damage with better critical strike chance it makes more sense to build infinity edge than essence reaver.
In Lategame she doesnt use her Abilities anyway so you don't really need that CDR.
After finishing Infinity Edge you can choose between Statics, Hurricane and Phantomdancer to get more Crit chance and attack speed for your passive.
Buy Statics if you want to push lanes, PD if you need better 1v1 potential, Hurricane if you got a good frontline and youre able to hit multiple targets in fights.
This is why i always buy Hurricane:
If you need Armor penetration right now buy last whisper but upgrade it after finishing your BT.
Bloodthirster should be the next option for Caitlyns in any case. (sometimes its better to buy it before last whisper)
If you finally need some defensive options for lategame go for a hexdrinker, scimitar, steracs or build guardian angel and buy an elexir which allows you more sustain in fights.
In Total lategame you can replace your boots with another attackspeed/Crit item like Rapidfire canon, Statics, Pd, or Hurricane. (just don't buy 2 times the same)
Remember: You can't cleanse Zed's Ult since patch 6.9 anymore, so go for Steracs/GA if he is annoying you.
Tipps & Tricks
- Attack enemys when they try to lasthit and get out of their range again
- Give your jungler a good pull to stack your passive and headshot your Enemies
- Try to Headshot enemies instead of minions while laning. Even if they auto attack back you should be able to win the trade.
- You can jump over walls with your E
- You can make a double headshot when stacking your passive and using E after attacking
- When you get chased place some traps between your enemy and you. Remember they need some time to be activated but if they are slowed or CC'ed you have enough time to escape safely or turn the fight like I did in the following video.
- If you don't lane against a tank support feel free to use your ultimate to poke. Otherwise just use it to execute enemys. Don't use it in a trade because the animation needs too many time.
- In Lategame dont use your Q/R in Teamfights. Your DPS when auto attacking should be better.
- Place some Traps in botside Brushes to avoid Ganks. You can also grant vision in brushes while placing a trap in it.
- With lvl 18 set as much traps as possible the cooldown will be very short.
- Avoid to try flash Q kills. Caitlyns Q needs 1 second and is predictable and easy to dodge. Just do it when your sure for a 100% to land it.
Instead of Q try to flash E, if you land your E you can use a Headshot with increased range to execute them.
- If you dont have vision to land your ultimate use the blue trinket to make them visible for a short time. Even if they hide in a brush again the ultimate won't be cancelled.
- RED BUFF!! If someone really needs red buff, its caitlyn. I really love this hit effect on her. If you have hurricane you can aoe slow your enemies by auto attacking. It also will improve your Kiting potential.
Caitlyn is good against:
- Low Ranged Adc's like Vayne (Early)
- Kiteable Tanks/Bruisers without hard CC like garen
- Bad Early Champs like Vayne
- Champs without Waveclear like Ezreal
Caitlyn has a super strong early game. She can trade often and push very hard. It's her job to deny enemies farm and push towers to get advantages for the team in early. If Caitlyn can't snowball a lane she isn't that much effective than other adc's.
In lategame she can also kite very good with her W and E spell.
Caitlyn is bad against:
- Assasins like Zed/Leblanc
- Hard CC like Malphite/Nautilus/Sejuani
- Hypercarry lategame adc's like Vayne Tristana or Kog Maw
Caitlyn often loses her Lategame against adc's like vayne because she has no ability to buff her base stats like vayne or kogmaw have. If you just can land 5 autoattacks in a tf u didn't get any benefit from the headshots in worst case. For example: Vayne gets a lot of attack damage by her ult, Kog maw get doubled attack speed passively. Theres a lot more champs with steroids like Tristana or Jinx. Caitlyn doesn't have anything like this just the headshot if its ready when u need it. Additionally she can't use her spells in fights so she just benefit from her passive every 6th hit and higher attack range than most adc's.
Because she doesn't really have high burst shes bad against all in champs like Zed or Leblanc.
Caitlyn is good with:
- Poke Supporters like Velkoz or Brand
- Tank Supporters with Engages like Leona Braum Thresh or Blitz
Caitlyn needs a support to play offensive with her. It's her Job to make as much lane pressure as possible. I don't like Sona Nami or Janna to play with caitlyn but they aren't bad at all because they got damage buffs atleast. Just avoid soraka.
I recommend tanks with CC like Leona or Braum.
+ Lane bully
-- No Base stat Steroids
- Spells useles in Lategame (lower DPS)
- weaker Lategame at all
Since the passive of Steracs and Maw of Malmortius got changed in patch 6.9 you can just get 1 shield from those items onstead of 2.
So it doesnt make sence to buy 2 defensive items against assasins. The only thing you can do is build an GA, it works fine since the costs got reduced.
Infinity edge essence reaver and Mortal Reminder/Lord Dominiks got buffed and youmuus got nerfed so caitlyn is stronger in lategame and against match ups who doesn't build those items.
Since the release of tower Firstblood in patch 6.15 champions like caitlyn can easily take early advantages by our pushing the enemies with her great waveclear. It's not a direct change to caitlyn but it's still a good change.
Because other champs like sivir ashe and jhin got nerfed caitlyn is much stronger compared to other match ups. You will see Kog Maw, Ezreal, Jinx and Twitch more often in this patch and caitlyn is a good allrounder.
The biggest Disadvantage on Caitlyn is that she doesnt have any steroids to buff her stats.
That doesn't mean Caitlyn can't win a 1v1 against hypercarries like vayne or tristana. It depends on the player, Caitlyns passive Stacks, the first hit, Critical strikes (luck) and Summoner spells.
For example when a fullbuild Caitlyn places a pink ward against a vayne to make her visible while her Ultimate is active and cait lands a first hit (higher range) which hits critically for about 500-700 dmg she's definitely able to win this 1v1.
Anyway you should avoid duels and try to use benefits from your high range especially in Early-Midgame.
Atleast its a very fun to play and strong Ad Carry. You can make great plays with your E and W using it the right way. Also you can improve your last hitting with caitlyn because she really got one of the best auto attack animations so shes able for low experienced players and also for competitive players.
Check out my Youtube and Facebook:
If you wanna Support me check out my latest Video and leave if like if you enjoy it
Thank you guys for your attention.
See You in my next Guide!