Teemo Build Guide by BloBBloB99
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, my name is BloBBloB99. This is my first guide on Mobafire, and i hope it will bring you game success! In this guide, i 'll cover a interesting build, focusing on Ability Power and some Support. I took myself some time to make it, so enjoy and comment. If you have any suggestions, then I'd appreciate if you told me them.
Teemo is a very unusual champion, being capable of having different roles. AP carry, AD carry, support, and sometimes even solo top. As such, builds may wary from role to role. If this build doesn't fit your role, then go and look for another one. Or, change your role and keep on reading!
I have calculated the full damage of your spells when the build is maxed.
Pros and Cons
* Great Attack Speed
* Very fast, can help other lanes if needed.
* Good DPS in many aspects
* Gives map knowledge thanks to Noxious Trap
* A bit short range
These masteries help me gain DPS greatly, doing so in almost all ways. Alternatively, you can get Runic Affinity instead of Archmage , or Blast . I personally like having the extra point in offense, but that's up to you. I leave the Defensive page unscatched, letting the Runes handle it. If you still feel that Teemo isn't durable, invest for a 21/9/0 build, maxing Resistance , one in Hardiness , and then all the way to Veteran's Scars for a good early game.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Health
Well, I told you Teemo was frail, and obviously, I meant it. My Quints and Seals help my early game, while my Marks and Glyphs turn me aggressive (RAAAWR!!!) Having Mana Regen or Cooldown Reduction is kinda worthless on Teemo, I usually don't bother with those.
This is my look at what items Teemo should use. At the start, grab a Amplifying Tome and a Health Pot for a starting push. When your gold tick up to 950, recall when you can. With your boots under your belt (not literally), rush back and defend. Keep on with the next.
- Abyssal Scepter works as a replacement for Void Staff if they aren't building tons of magic resist.
- If you have problem with your green, invest in a philosopher's stone or a kage's lucky pick early.
- You feeling squishy? Fear not! Phantom Dancer can always be replaced by a Wit's End if you feel so!
- Aura items ( Zeke's Harbinger, Will of the Ancients) can be used if you are going support.
- Nashor's Tooth is good for 'shroom spamming. (Aka: Using Mushrooms as they were meant to)
- You can get Boots of Speed and three health pots as your starting item instead of Amplifying Tome.
Going the DPS route, these are obvious choices. Flash is a great universal tool. You can chase, run, position, gapclose, confuse, annoy, surprise and just eff people in general. Ignite helps you to get first blood, and everyone wants that. Highest priority.
- Clairvoyance if taking the support route, remove Ignite.
- Ghost if you wanna be a li'll yordle on steroids. (Grab Boots of Mobility 4 xtra effect!!!) It generally makes you immune to unit collision, which is great for positioning.
- Surge is cool, but Ignite is (ironically) cooler.
- Heal can be used if you are playing as a support
- Revive Why Revive when you can SURvive using something else.
- Smite Dat rox mah s0x b4 midn8t
- Clarity HerDerpasaurcopter
- Teleport Is just useless on him.
Skills and their Sequence
]Camouflage: When taking no action for 2 seconds, Teemo will automatically stealth. Moving or taking actions break the stealth, but grants him an attack speed boost by 40% for 3 seconds. Basically, this makes your recalls safer, and lets you go ninja!
Blinding Dart: (Q) Throws a venom-coated dart at the enemy, dealing 80/125/170/215/260(+310) magic damage and blinding them for a few seconds, causing all attacks miss for the duration. This is a good support tool, so I grab it early. Yet, your damage output is by Toxic Shot, so I max it last.
- Just getting in a shot does some fine damage in a fight. Since it'll make DPS useless, get them first.
- The range is a little bit longer than standard attacks, so it can hit what they can't in chases.
Move Quick: (W) Passive: Teemo's movement speed is increased by 10/14/18/22/26% unless he has been damaged in the last 5 seconds. Active: Teemo gains double the passive movement speed for 3 seconds, not losing it until then. This skill is great for chases, and escapes. It has saved my life over nine thousand times. Therefore, I max it second and take a point at level two.
- Avoid skillshots when chasing! One hit and you lose the passive speed!
- Move Quick and Camouflage in combination makes a good initiation.
Toxic Shot: (E) Passive: Teemo's basic attacks poison their target, dealing 9/18/27/36/45(+54) magic damage upon impact and 6/12/18/24/30(+54) magic damage each seconds over four seconds. This is making Teemo's DPS in my build. Even if the target have escaped, I usually kill them over the four seconds. Take first, max first.
- Taking a shot at each enemy in a teamfight will damage them all quite.
- Did they escape at low health? The DoT effect takes care of it.
Noxious Trap: Uses a stored mushroom to place a trap that detonates if an enemy steps on it, spreading poison to nearby enemies that slows movement speed by 30/40/50% and deals 200/400/600(+310) magic damage over four seconds. Lasts 10 minutes. Teemo stores a mushroom every 35/31/27 seconds but can only carry three at once. Place these like a terrorist! In brushes, outside of Baron and Dragon, literally everywhere.
- The time it takes for it to be build is affected by cooldown reduction.
- Placing those to gain vision is a great tactic.
- Take a Nashor's Tooth if you want to place more 'shrooms faster.
(Please Note that the bonus damage is calculated from the recommended build, and may as such vary depending on how you build him)
Teemo's Role in Teamfights
Sooner or later, a teamfight WILL come. And Teemo have his jobs.
- Blind enemy DPS. good utilization of Blinding Dart is rewarding, as you can save important members of your team.
- Escape Route Management. Is the fight turning to the enemies hand? Thats why your traps make the team escape. OR, let them walk on it, and turn the tide back! A good Teemo always knows when and where to put traps. Everywhere for all purposes.
- ASSIST! While doing the other things, it's of course important to assist your team with Toxic Shots.
Tips & Summary
Teemo is an excellent champion who can help with anything. But remember that he still isn't invincible, so proceed defensively. Ping over your jungler sometimes to hold when you go and 'shroom. He isn't so buff depending as other solomids, so use that to your advantage. Always keep in mind that the mushrooms also slow. And as soon you are 1v2, ping, and run as fast as your legs can carry you.
Statistic at Lv18 with build
Attack Speed: 2,0025 /second
Attacks over 5 sec: 10,126
Total Crits over 5 sec: 3,443
DPS over 5 sec (not counting Toxic Shot, crits or Malady's effects): 2056,661
For even more tips & suggestions, check out his champion spotlight below.
- Dustfoxx for improvement tips.
- JhoiJhoi for making her great guide. It can be found Here.
- Any player i have watched guiding me in how to play Teemo efficiently.