Singed Build Guide by Mitschui
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
♦ Intro ♦
Welcome to my very first guide! I bring you, a guide for the sexy Singed.
Singed is an amazing champion if played right and can help your team get tons of kills. He is one of my main champs, and is an excellent choice for all game types.
Remember Singed is capable of helping your teammates get kills, so it's good to lane with someone.
Attack: • Weak
Spells: • Medium
1. The Mad Chemist's Story
Singed descended from a long line of Zaun's revered chemists. Even in his youth, his talent for concocting potions far outstripped that of his peers, and he quickly distinguished himself from his less extraordinary chemist compatriots. It came as no surprise to anyone when he was selected for apprenticeship by the infamous Warwick, master apothecary on a lucrative retainer with the Noxian military during their campaign against Ionia. Within Warwick's laboratories, Singed toiled without end, rapidly absorbing every detail of his predecessor's deadly craft. Singed had little concern for the death and destruction that was the fruit of his labors. By the time the curse of lycanthropy descended to claim his master, Singed was poised and eager to make the transition from workhorse to innovator; he was ready to share his genius by bringing a new brand of suffering to the Ionian front. His zeal for progress was unquenchable, and when suitable test subjects proved to be in short supply, the eager chemist was often thought to turn his volatile mixtures on his own flesh.
When the uneasy peace created by the League of Legends settled on the world, Singed journeyed to the one place where he was still able to showcase his beloved craft: the Institute of War. By this time he was barely even a man, his body both ruined and sustained by his ingenious craft. A thousand burns - accidents of shadow and flame - mar his ravaged form, and exposure to such harsh conditions has deadened his nerves, hardened his body, and strengthened his physique, transforming him into a veritable juggernaut. This, combined with a formidable arsenal of deadly concoctions, makes Singed a force to be reckoned with on the Fields of Justice.
" My deadliest dose shall bear my patron's name!"
- Singed, having just christened the Insanity Potion
2. Why Play Singed?
He's a great choice for 3v3, as it is a very small map. Also, he also costs only 1350 IP, so why not?
3. Powerful Pros / Critical Cons
•Excellent Zoning.Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace•Mana Hungry Early Game.
•Able to Fling, Poison, and Slow.Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace•Close ranged Attacks.
•Tons of Assists.
•The Ultimate Troll.
4. Summoner Spells
• Ghost is really important for Singed as it gives him a huge amount of speed that he may need in order to catch an enemy and Fling them back, or to escape a bad situation with your Poison Trail on and punish those who decide to chase you.
• Exhaust works really well with Singed too. It lowers the enemies movement speed, attack damage, and ability power, making it much easier to secure an easy kill for your team. You could also Fling your enemy into your turret or team and use Exhaust to block their escape.
• Also, Ignite, it's not as recommended but I've seen some people who made it work. With the damage over time from Ignite and Poison Trail, it could finish off an opponent who has escaped. You could choose this if you want more harass and damage, as it's better for the more aggressive player.
• Lastly, Teleport, it's not something you should choose for 3v3 as the map is so small you could just walk to your desired location, but it's a good choice for 5v5. You could teleport to help ganks or to protect/save your turret, great choice for the map size.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
• x9 Greater Mark of Magic Penetration is pretty much Standard for any Ability Power champion out there. The Magic Penetration is great, allowing you to deal the damage needed to be dealt.
• x9 Greater Seal of Armor gives you a lot of Armor early game, which is important when you're against an AD type champion.
• x9 Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power A good choice as you receive Ability Power every level, giving you much more damage and making your Poison Trail even more deadly.
• x9 Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed is almost a must have for Singed, as it adds a bunch of speed, allowing you to move even quicker than before.
Seals:You could use Greater Seal of Health for the HP, but I recommend Armor.
Glyphs:You could use Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist, as the Magic Resistance is good, but I think damage is really important as well. And if you're having a hard time against an AP champion, pick up a Banshee's Veil.
Quintessences:Greater Quintessence of Health works quite well with Singed, it's either HP or Speed. Which again, is up to you.
• Sapphire Crystal + Health Potion x2 is what I like to choose, as you're very mana hungry early game, also good sustain with the 2 Potions.
• Boots of Speed + Health Potion x3 is also a good choice, a better one for 5v5, as speed and sustain and really important for Singed.
• Boots of Swiftness, my recommendation would be to use this for 3v3, as it's a very small map, so these shoes will allow you to get to your desired location much faster.
• Ninja Tabi, you could use this on 3v3 or 5v5, it has great defence and is really useful if you're against an AD type champion. Choose this if you're laning against that type of champion.
•Last, Mercury's Treads, another good choice for either map, it's really effective against AP type champions and champions with lot's of CC. Choose this when you're laning with that type of champion.
• Rod of Ages is pretty much one of the most important items for Singed, if not, the most important, as it gives 450 HP, 525 Mana, and 60 Ability Power. Not to mention receiving 18 HP, 20 Mana, and 2 Ability Power every minute.
• Rylai's Crystal Scepter is a really good item for Singed as well. It provides 80 Ability Power and 500 HP which is really nice. Also, the Passive will slow enemies affected by your abilities, which is what you need!
• Force of Nature, an item that works super well with Singed. Restoring 40 HP, along with 1.75% of your total HP every 5 seconds is hard to pass up. What else? 76 Magic Resistance and 8x Movement Speed of course.
Good/Situational ItemsChoose 2
• Frozen Heart, also another good choice, as you receive Mana and Armor. It becomes really useful when you're up against an AD type champion as it slows their attack speed, and it reduces your cooldown, allowing you to use your abilities more often.
• Sunfire Cape, another great item for Singed. Giving 45 Armor and 450 HP, making him much more durable, also the awesome passive that deals 40 Magic Damage every second to nearby enemies works extremely well with his Poison Trail.
• Banshee's Veil, a really good item for Singed, especially if you're up against tough AP, as it gives Magic Resistance, HP and MP. With this Unique Passive, you'll be able to take much more damage.
• Rabadon's Deathcap, pretty self explanatory, it'll make a huge difference in your damage and will give you all the Ability Power you'd need ever need with that passive. A really good item if you care more for damage than defence.
• Guardian Angel, adding on to your invincible-ness, as it increases your Armor and Magic Resistance. And if you were to ever die, you'd be able to get back up and do what you do best, so overall, a really good choice for Singed.
• Randuin's Omen, a good item for any tanky champion out there as you receive everything you would need. Also, it's Unique Active allows you to slow down enemies, which is great.
When Playing as Singed:
•Remember, you can use your Fling to throw your enemies into your team, or your turret for a guaranteed kill, also use Mega Adhesive or Exhaust to block their escape.
•Don't leave your Poison Trail on when unnecessary as it drains your Mana quickly.
•Be VERY cautious when flinging any of these champions into your team, as you may regret it when they ace you.
- Never, ever, throw Amumu into your team. As his Curse of the Sad Mummy can easily stun and damage everyone on your team. Don't help him out.
- Don't even get me started. If you make the mistake of throwing him into your team, it's pretty much over for that fight, as his Absolute Zero will pretty much crush your team.
- Throw him AWAY from your team, not TOWARDS, even if you think your team can easily kill him, his Crowstorm will deal a huge amount of damage, and when his team is helping, it's pretty much over.
- Same thing with Fiddlesticks, a huge amount of damage from his AOE ultimate, Slicing Maelstrom.
•Try using your Fling to disrupt these champions when they're using/casting their ultimate, as it can save your team/ally.
When Playing against Singed:
•Not a very good idea to chase him, not at all. Sometimes he'll bait you, and if you chase him for too long, you may end up dying yourself.
•Be careful when you're too close, he can throw you to his team/turret for an easy kill.
Thank you all for reading my guide! I hope it helped and feel free to PM me any suggestions or screenshots. I will continue updating this when I can. Also, excuse my noob editing >.< BAI~
Credits to jhoijhoi for her guide and the dividers ^-^