Cho'Gath Build Guide by Spectro0093
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
The Majestic lord Cho'
Example of possible build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is the build in "english", apologize me if you see something extrange xD (you can correct me ;D) Thanks
Well here speak of my choice of these runes. As you know the runes are oriented early (usually) there are very few that are noticed in late, but I must admit that this is part of my build who have studied more, as there are many alternatives and I can not decide which I'd be better, but anyway this is the combination that more use and better yet see.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
- Runes of Magic Penetration , these runes are basic for anyone who appreciates Cho'Gath. Pongo only magic penetration marks, why not think I need more since the late compensate in other objects.
- Runes Armor , essential in my opinion if you want to have a good early as the minions and basic which are more wear at this stage. Besides our opponent is not expecting a much armor at the beginning and usually more than one poseea magician takes xD disgust.
- The Runes of Power Skill farmear these will help us a little better and do a little more damage with our abilities.
- Why not put runes of magic resistance or movement speed
- The Runes of Magic Resistance are useful but in my opinion less than the armor, since only decreases damage from spells that are much less frequent than the basic.
- The Runes of Movement Speed may be good, but never usually use this build because I rather like the others, also you can start with doran and boots so I do not seem essential.
- The Runes Attack Speed I do not seem very useful from that we do not need much in the early to our e not us focus in the jungle, and when we do later will not be any problem for our cho.[/ i]
- The Runes of life I do not put life that as the farm is assured with this build and thanks to passive I recover much life and it better be more difficult to take off some of this to have more. Cho'gath is also quite a character with life and put me seems even more harmful.
This is the aspect that is still under consideration of my build, but I think it is pretty good and allow us to balance the damage resistance of our character.
In this we focus more on the attack as you can see, since Cho'Gath is usually a strong character in itself and if we need to be a bit different more resistant, because we put some life and armor or magic depending on how you see it. Usually the passive mastery of life and armor, is a tough cho much to take off the enemy.
In the section of the Rama Defense , I like to get to the mastery Juggernaut , as this will allow us to leverage even more of our items and build our life provided by our ability Feast.
In the Rama Attack , we will focus on the skills that give us attack speed, ability power and penetration especially magical.
The skills that serve us and that seems to have been created for us are:
- Executioner This ability allows us to off our enemies with Feast, in a way that will give us much miedito.
- Spell Weaving and Blade Weaving , are two skills together we increase greatly damage . Which will benefit us a lot.
- One of the masters, which saw great for our build, is the master Arcane Blade since we will focus on hitting the enemy with basic skill and power we have will make these basic ache much to our adversary.
is one of the most basic objects of the build, and thanks to this infringiremos a lot of damage.
This object is very important because it will make us attack more times especially increasing the amount of damage that infringiremos per second.
So I consider it a very good subject for a build and not that is not much. I have seen that there are some guidelines that used instead of Wit's End use Nashor's Tooth, but these do not give you no resistance only hurt and my cho opinion needs a little more magic penetration and/or magic resistance.
This object is focused mainly to give greater control of the opponent and a tad more resistance.
But the best without a doubt is that thanks to his passive our enemies suffer us to escape or just can not do it and this passive like all be applied to any attack except Feast is true damage;)
The boots certainly be better for us in this build is normal, so I propose you the best in every situation and why not use the other.
- Ninja Tabi, as many players know these boots are very good and we provide considerable resistance against its unique passive ad. As we often recommend it when the enemy team in which caracterize by significant physical damage .
- Mercury's Treads, one of the classic boots Cho players. Are usually recommended when the cc enemy team is a factor to consider and if we both go melee (if this build).
- Boots of Swiftness, boots that suit us if seek to have more mobility field , we want to be able to not escape and interesting ganks to help on the other line or jungle.
not recommended Boots
- Berserker's Greaves, can we stop being use to do more damage, but did not make since we are removing a very important site for other passive or ability to serve us much as any other we put boots before.
- Boots of Mobility, if it happened to you the idea of using this item, quickly take it off of him. No benefit you in anything, your basic attacks will not allow it to get advantage of these boots.
- Sorcerer's Shoes, we can even think that we could use very well, but between the runes, items and Masters, we will all need magic penetration. So it is better we complete our Cho with other things.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity, with this type of build and the approach that will give the reduction of cooling is not something that interests you too, so do not recommend it.
This build focuses on Cho's ability Vorpal Spikes, from this surgernos questions that can and need to focus on this ability. So I will answer some questions that are sure to be the most common:
'Why you climb Vorpal Spikes not Rupture or Feral Scream, if there are two skills that do more damage?
In fact it is doing much damage Vorpal Spikes, but there is more to aspects of that to keep in mind when selecting a skill to rise.
The first is that it does not take a genius to know that a skill that costs 90 or 70 mana limits much, much use unlike Vorpal Spikes that consumes no mana and is linked to our core. You also have to think about the cd and demos on white (which in the beats Rupture for the boots cost a little more), our ability Vorpal Spikes does not depend at all of those and not need to point XD
- Vorpal Spikes, this skill as we talked about before is a great unknown to many, for which they know they may not know that this too also depends on Feast, because if we do not build we can not benefit from a greater range and breadth of Vorpal Spikes to punish our opponents or make that overwhelming damage team fights , which is fundamental to our "core items" , in which inflict damage and chances of catching the enemy.
- The Rupture, is a skill that we only use to catch, escape or team fights. This is because this consumes a lot of mana, the ability not climb so the cd and damage far behind.
- The Feral Scream, this skill will be our secondary skill in early, this will expand as the secondary. This is very useful to fight wizards usually recommend using it at first to be silenced and lead to the basic thing that we win, and when life is low again and have it to throw it and avoid using flash.
- Feast, is a skill we use to farmear and employ only to ensure a kill (you have to be very safe and not waste) and only when we have accumulations of 6 Feast can use to the consumer tastes "nom nom nom" xD
- Passive Carnivore will be overdeveloped with this build since farmearemos a bit silly and can take much more online thanks to this healing and regain some mana we have spent.
Other spells do not usually get my attention , the only others that might be useful would be a cure as we will have a lot of life and heal us and give us much survival a little more (still not convince me), but a crush for example, I see something very useless, since we have Feast for this reason and have another more damage to minions override us important when the teamfights advantage.
Pros / Cons
With this build is almost impossible farmear
bit thanks to Vorpal Spikes, if you are given the case please ask yourself a revision or review of the tutorials xD.
Seriously, normally with this you're usually the one that most farm do on your computer or the game, regardless of the line that you wear, and it is very rare that you're not the first on the farm due to damage Vorpal Spikes.
Creeping / Jungling
Junglear in early with Cho'Gath hurt us at first but with a couple of levels one can get through the jungle without any problems, thanks to Feast that functions as a Smite and Vorpal Spikes.
So I usually recommend staying online pushearla between breaks a little and you can get very fast jungle, and return to the line and not lose just minions . This will take us to get a noticeable advantage over our opponent and can kill, as they tend to believe that trust does not remove anything with the Rupture and Feral Scream, but do not imagine that melee you do them more harm and damage above mixture :O.
Construction in process
I'm a little busy so I'm putting the explanation slowly when I have more time and finishes will detail and put it prettier.
Thank you very much, and enjoy ;)