Rammus Build Guide by Nekres
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Jungle Rammus - The Fulltank N
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This guide is aimed towards those who want to play Rammus effectivly.
Through this entire Guide, you will learn to
|• fully master playing Rammus as a Jungler and only as a Jungler. Not as Toplaner, not as AP Bruiser, but as an Fulltank Ninjadillo Jungler.
• efficiently gank your opponents and assisting your Team.
• play save and ping.
• lead your team to victory.
If you have patience and the Will to exactly follow my guide, you will increase your winning chance in Ranked Games in an instant.
Your Average Win Ratio will rise, your Know-How will increase.
If you were a newbie before, you won't be after.
My Name is Andy aka Nekres and this my Jungle Rammus Guide.
I am the leader of the Moeskins-Project which you can find on my TumblR. (nekres.tumblr.com)
Pros / Cons
+ Extremly fast
+ Extremly good Chaser
+ Nice Pusher
+ Average Ganking Ability
+ 60-70% winning chance.
- Item dependent (Shouldn't be a problem after 15-20 mins~)
- Fulltank lacks damage. (You aren't supposed to do kills, but most of the time you will get many kills anyway. You can buy Zhonya's Hourglass late game, when you want your Ultimate to do a little more damage.)
I don't take Unyielding and Block , because of two reasons:
2. I personally think it doesn't has much of an effect. Seriously, just read the description of Block . You really want to spend 3 Points to get there to reduce damage taken from basic attacks by just 3 points?
We are Rammus, so we also want to focus on pushing lanes and tanking turrets. For that, we spent points on Safeguard, Relentless and Honor Guard .
Since most AD Carries or champs like Gangplank do high critical strike damage, you want to reduce this damage by spending a point on Reinforced Armor .
Spending 3 points on Legendary Armor and Juggernaut will complete the whole. Also, these two stack fantastic into late game.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed:
+ 4,5% Movement Speed
You will be faster early game, you can close that little gap for your Puncturing Taunt
Since you aren't supposed to do a lot of damage, this is the best choice for a better mobility between lanes.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed:
+ 15% Attack Speed
You want to kill the Monster Camps as fast as possible, having a decent amount of early Attack Speed will make you quicker 'ready to gank.'
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist:
+ 6.7 Magic Resist
Gives you more defensive against AP early game while ganking or invading.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist:
+ 11 Magic Resist at level 18
You don't have much magic resist throughout the game and you won't build much magic resist. (Only if really needed, of course.), you want to scale magic resist into late game from early on.
- Greater Seal of Armor:
+ 13 Armor
A must have. You want to leave the Jungle with much HP as possible. You don't want to gank with less than 100 HP early game, so taking these Runes will reduce the damage taken from the Monsters and will save you tons of HP.
- Spiked Shell: «Rammus receives 25% of his total armor as bonus attack damage.»
This is one reason why we go Fulltank Ninjadillo.
- Powerball (Q): «Active: Rammus enters a rolling ball state for up to 7 seconds, constantly accelerating from an initial bonus 3% move speed up to a bonus 165% move speed. Upon impacting with an enemy, all nearby enemies will be knocked back for an instant and be dealt magic damage. Additionally, targets affected by the impact will be slowed for 3 seconds.»
I max this skill last.
It does damage, knocks into the Air and slows all Enemies within Area of Effect! Most of the time, they will focus your ADC or APC, so basically their Melee Champs will pile up somewhere to attack someone from your Team, that is your opportunity to hit all piled up Champs with this skill.
- Defensive Ball Curl (W): «Active: Rammus enters a defensive stance for 6 seconds, vastly increasing his armor and magic resistance and returning magic damage for each autoattack that enemies use on him.»
Put two points on this before you reach level 6. It will increase your tankyness, also it will damage all those who attack you. Fantastic! Max it secondly.
- Puncturing Taunt (E): «Active: Rammus taunts a target enemy, reducing their armor and forcing them to attack Rammus for a few seconds.»
If you want to engage fights more aggressively or if you need an Enemy Champion to be done quickly, then maxing this first could be a good choice for you. Otherwise max it after Defensive Ball Curl.
Use it, lead-ping your Team whom to attack, kill a Champ.
Tip: Target melee champs with this skill, then run the direction to your base or to your team, the melee champ will follow very long if this skill is maxed, also it gives you the ability to grab on of them under their turret and make him follow you away from the turret where your team can get the kill easily.
- Tremors (R): «Active: Rammus creates tremors beneath him for 8 seconds dealing magic damage to nearby units and structures each second. Rammus can move, attack and use other abilities while Tremors is in effect.»
Use this to clear Minion Waves, to push Towers and use it in Team Fights to make damage to every Opponent, so you get many Assists or Kills and much moneeeeeeey.
Skill it on level 6,11,16.
Tip: When you see you've done enough and you can be sure your team will kill your current target: Meanwhile you can target another running opponent and drag them to your team with Puncturing Taunt.
Ability Sequence Order
Use Powerball and/or Ghost to engage a gank quickly (or spare your Ghost to use it for chasing while your Powerball is on CD), then Puncturing Taunt to grab your Opponent off-guard, then quickly use Defensive Ball Curl to let him feel more pain from his own auto-hits while his Armor is decreased by the effect of Puncturing Taunt.
Use Tremors for more damage. I thought about saving your Ultimate for pushing after the lane is abandoned, but it's always safer to do more damage.
-> Imagine your Opponent escaping with 10 HP left. You never know, so use your Ult.
While your Puncturing Taunt is active, grab them further away from their towers in the direction of your team.
If you have Flash instead of Ghost, use it as a gap closer if they are behind Minions while you are trying to reach them with Powerball.
Start at the 1) Giant Wolf and ask your team for help, it's always good to save some HP.
Go to the 2) Ancient Golem and let your team help you out a bit, as the Blue Golem goes just under half HP, ping retreat to tell your Team to get on their Lanes, shortly after use Smite.
Skill Powerball now and go to the 3) Wraiths , start auto-hitting them and use Defensive Ball Curl. You also can use Powerball to last-hit Monsters and save some HP.
Now, go to the 4) Double Golems and again, start auto-hitting them, use Defensive Ball Curl and Powerball to last-hit them. After you are done, you should have your Smite again and enough HP for the 5) Lizard Elder .
After you have received the Red Buff, skill Puncturing Taunt, go to a Lane and Gank. Then Recall and buy
Spirit Stone and Boots of Speed, when you have some money left, buy Health Potions.
Go into the Jungle and do Wraiths, Wolves and Double Golems (start where you like), then look for a Lane to Gank.
Recall and buy Ninja Tabi.
If the game goes on you should get faster and faster with Ganking & Jungling. After your second Recall, try to start doing it like that:
Farm one of the Monster Camps in the Jungle, then gank, then back into the Jungle, do one of the Monster Camps and Gank, ..repeat.
1x Monster Camp -> Gank -> 1x Monster Camp -> Gank -> 1x Monster Camp -> Gank -> 1x Monster Camp -> Gank.
And Remember: If your Team weren't able to kill someone while you gank, it's not a failed gank.
It is a success when:
- The enemy had to use a summoner spell.
- The enemy took massive damage and needs to retreat.
- The enemy is now outzoned from the Area of which he gets Experience from the Creeps.
When your team weren't able to kill someone, always keep an eye on the same lane, because most of the time, there will be a late reaction from the Enemy Jungler or Mid Laner. And when this happens, they'll try to kill your Mates laning there, because they think you are gone for the time being.
Haha, but now they thought wrong and because the one or two Champs, which took massive damage from your Gank before, are lured out, the chances are high to kill someone this time.
Though, I can't promise you to get queued with good players to win every game,
I still hope I was able to teach you one thing or two.
Please, leave a Comment, give Feedback
or write down your experience after trying this Guide.
I wish you the best of luck on the fields of justice,