Fizz Build Guide by Ey Cuzzo
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Introduction - Viability of AD Fizz
Some may argue that AD Fizz is not viable nor good, but if you take a closer look, you may see differently. Fizz is a champion advertised as AP. All of his spells scale with AP, and people play him as an AP carry. I disagree completely. With Fizz's toolkit so many things are possible with his high damage output. He has a gap closer, a damage over time passive, a slow, a jump, and an AOE ultimate/slow/knock-up. He is able to dodge any skill-shot, ultimate, or even basic attacks for 0.75 seconds, and even able to dodge lock-on projectiles. Fizz shouldn't be a carry because he is not meant to dish out all the damage. In this one case, Riot's attributes for Fizz describe him well. Fizz is an A$$A$$IN. He dashes in and out of team fights taking out enemy carries and taking limited enemy team focus for his own carries. Not only that, but with Bruiser Fizz you don't have to depend on a tank to do the initiating for you, because he has one of the best initiators in the game. Bruiser Fizz is amongst the strongest anti-carries in the game and should be treated like that.
Pros / Cons
+ Extremely mobile champion
+ An Assassin/Anti-Carry/Chaser
+ Full of utility and potential
+ Great fight initiator
+ Great counter jungler
+ Extremely difficult to kill
High Skill-cap champion -
Extremely easy to mess up -
No positive gender type -
Relies on Mana quite a bit -
No innate sustain -
Seen as a troll -
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
Passive (Nimble Fighter):
- Effect: Fizz's dexterity allows him to perpetually ignore unit collision and take 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 reduced physical damage from autoattacks.
- Analysis: Ignoring unit collision, naturally is a great passive, allowing you to go through minions and last hit effectively without having to go around the whole wave. The reduced physical damage is quite underpowered, but helps a little bit in the jungle. Overall I feel the passive on Fizz is wasted and inappropriate.
- Effect: Fizz dashes a fixed distance (550) in the direction of his target, dealing his total attack damage as physical damage plus additional magic damage (10 / 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 (+ 60% of ability power)) to it. The ability will also apply on-hit effects.
- Analysis: This is just one part of what makes fizz perfect for an AD bruiser build. As you can see, it applies on-hit effects allowing for Lich Bane/Trinity Force procs, as well as procs from your W. It also can be used as a dash, escape, juke, kill secure, etc. because of its "fixed distance in a single direction." This will close any distance between your enemy and possibly put you ahead of him. Use this wisely, however. Like Lee Sin's Resonating Strike, this may put you out of position and invulnerable.
- Passive: Fizz's autoattacks rend his target, dealing magic damage (30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 (+ 35% of ability power) (+ 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% of target's missing health)) over 3 seconds that strengthens if the opponent is low on life.
- Active: Fizz's autoattacks are empowered for the next 5 seconds, dealing additional magic damage (10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 (+ 35% of ability power)) on-hit and causing Grievous Wounds (50% healing reduction).
- Analysis: This is the Bread and Butter of Fizz. The active and passive will help you with any jungle camps, as well as help secure the kill with the damage over time effect. Also, if the enemy team has a pesky Volibear or Swain, you can easily shut them down with your active's 7-second Grevious Wounds. This ability maximizes your damage, especially on a target with low health.
- Effect: Fizz hops onto his trident in a nearby location, becoming untargetable for 0.75 seconds and gaining the ability to use Trickster before the effect ends. If Fizz does not use trickster, he will slam the ground below him, dealing magic damage (70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+ 75% of ability power)) and slowing nearby enemies (400 range) by (40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60%) for 2 seconds.
- Analysis: This starting ability gives Fizz the full potential of his abilities. This ability leaves Fizz untargetable for 0.75 seconds, making skill shot dodging, ult dodging, wall hopping, and troll poleing a large possibility. Also with the magic damage and slow, it makes Fizz a great ganker and early game chaser. However you use this ability, it can always be defensive and offensive, however like Vlad's pool you should never start it while initiating a team fight. You are able to dodge Karthus' ult, Caitlyn's ult, Nautilus' ult, and pretty much any targeted/delayed ult. This alone gives Fizz so much utility which is great for an AD bruiser.
- Effect: Fizz hops off from his trident to a nearby location, dealing magic damage (70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+ 75% of ability power)) to nearby enemies in a smaller area than Playful. Trickster does not apply the slow.
- Analysis: This second ability makes Fizz the ultimate chaser, escaper, and juker there is. Because this does not apply the slow from Playful, it is better to not use this, however when chasing/escaping/jumping over walls do not hesitate to use this branch ability.
- Effect: Fizz throws a fish in a line that will bind itself onto the first enemy champion it hits. The champion that has the fish attached will be slowed by 50%. Regardless of position, after 1.5 seconds, a Shark will emerge from the earth to eat the fish, dealing magic damage (200 / 325 / 450 (+100% of ability power)), knocking up the target, knocking back all other enemies within the area from the center and slowing all enemies in the area by (50/60/70%) for 1.5 seconds. (AOE Radius: 250)
- Analysis: This ability gives Fizz so much utility for a melee AD bruiser, giving him an initial 50% slow, a large AOE damage nuke, an AOE knockup, and AOE 70% slow. This alone is a great teamfight initiator allowing you and your team to pick off a straggler. This is also what makes Fizz a great anti-carry, able to focus and take a pesky fed AD carry or AP carry out of the fight immediately.
- Harass technique:
- W - Q - AA (3x) - E - W - (AA 3x) - Q
- Fizz's harass techniques are amongst the easiest in the game. You just dash to them with your W active and auto attack a couple times, then pick up the slow from your E (without using Trickster (without pressing the second active)) and continue auto attacking your opponent.
- Ganking technique:
- R - W - Q - (AA 4x) - E - AA
- Fizz's ganks deserve S rating on the current tier list from stonewall. If you can land the ultimate skillshot on Fizz, you can instantly provide a 50% slow for 1.5 seconds, then another 70% slow for another 1.5 seconds, THEN get another 60% 2-second slow from your E! In between the slows, that should be more than enough time to secure the kill on ANY target.
As always, there are situational times to buy certain items. I like to start with cloth + 5, however if you're going against a skill-shot oriented champion, or an AP champion that would be quite stupid.
Alright Items for Fizz:
Doran's Blade: For a first item, I would not recommend this item unless you have . If you expect the lane to be an easy one, is always good for that extra damage, lifesteal, and health. I would definetely recommend stacking a couple 's on your first back if you feel like you need a bigger advantage than you already have.
Infinity Edge: I don't judge, considering I'm using AD Fizz, but leave the crit chance for your AD carry. The Crit chance on your and is enough. However, I must admit the Crit-AA animation on fizz is pretty boss.
Guardian Angel: If you finally get focused down and die during a teamfight, there's nothing that makes your enemy team more angry than a GA. This puts Fizz's trolling level to the maximum.
Randuin's Omen: I would definitely recommend this item for Fizz, however more as a replacement for / . Definitely not a good buy if their AP carry is extremely fed, however.
Frozen Mallet: The guaranteed slow on this is amazing considering Fizz's Q procs on-hit effects. The additional HP compliments the well, as well as the additional damage. It replaces armor, but leaves you without those effects.
Warmog's Armor: This is the perfect choice for Fizz if you're looking for some more HP, and eventually damage being combined with . Fizz by himself is squishy and low HP, so he is largely complimented by a fully charged and an .
Atma's Impaler: Absolutely necessary for that extra armor, critical chance and damage with it's passive. Due to the nerfs people have been skeptical about buying , but I guarantee it is still worth it. Always get this immediately after your or purchase.
The Bloodthirster: This is a great damage item that replaces Wriggle's Lantern. Getting full stacks on this thing is deadly and definitely makes sure your damage is at it's highest.
Wriggle's Lantern: In almost any jungler this is almost necessary. Wriggle's Lantern offers that handy free-ward active, the 425 magic damage proc, and of course the extra damage/armor/lifesteal needed to clear the jungle fast. Late game, feel free to switch this out with a .
Trinity Force: A compliment's almost all of Fizz's abilities. With the Q ability on-hit proc, this offers instant damage. The added chance for a 35% slow and movement speed is also great with Fizz's chasing ability. The extra ability power scales with all of his abilities making a barely noticeable damage buff. I would not pass this item up unless I was planning on getting a
Maw of Malortius: This is a great damage item that offers magic resistance as well. It also helps Fizz in tanking magic damage when low with its active. I usually get this if the enemy AP carry is a threat.
Mercury's Treads: Obviously this is the number one choice, considering the tenacity and boost for MR, however Ninja's Tabi and CD boots are very viable.
Bad Items For Fizz
Youmuu's Ghostblade: No, no, no and no. No matter how much you want it, do NOT get it. The armor penetration and damage is alright on Fizz, but the active is not worth the entire cost and additional critical chance.
Stitch (Fizz) is op trust :O!
Fizz - Creative Movement.
Let Me Fizz You Up | A Fizz Guide
Fizz - In The Belly Of A Shark - Jungle S3