Vayne Build Guide by VacatioNx
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello! This is my guide to Vayne, the Night Hunter. I have chosen to write a guide about her, simply because I have been playing her for a ****load of time, and I have been extremely successful with her, and I wish to share my thoughts with all of you lovely people here at Mobafire. <3
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template.
+ Insane amounts of damage, even to tanks!
+ Great movability.
+ Best chaser IMO.
+ Great at taking down turrets/inhibitors.
+ Can confuse the enemy team.
+ Can carry n00bs.
+ Female = boobs.
I choose to run with these masteries simply because of more damage output, since that's what you have to do, right? Deal damage?
- greater quintessence of desolation: These runes are a must on any AD carry. Not negotiable.
- greater mark of desolation: These runes are a must on any AD carry. Not negotiable.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: I choose these since AP carries are usually always your biggest enemy, since they shoot you down so fast your lifesteal can't keep up with it.
- Greater Seal of Armor: I choose these for earlygame survivability, and since this build won't give you a lot of armor, and every AD carry has low defenses, so I counter that with these.
Flash: This is, hands down, the best Summoner Spell in the game. It will either save your life by flashing over a wall, it will net you a kill to land that one last auto attack/ability, it can surprise enemies, the options are infinite.
Exhaust: Anti-carry tool. Since you'll most likely be going bot lane with a support vs. another carry and his support, Exhaust is a must IMO. It will shut down the enemy carry completely, maybe netting you a kill or two, and it makes you WANT that 1v1 with him, since with Exhaust, you're sure to win it every time.
Ignite: Ignite can be a substitute for Exhaust, however I don't recommend it. It may improve your early game a bit, maybe net you an extra kill, but it gets useless mid/lategame IMO, where Exhaust is fantastic through all stages of the game. Personal preference comes in here.
- Night Hunter: When running towards an enemy champion, Vayne gains 40 movement speed.
- Tumble (Q): Vayne tumbles a short distance, making her next attack deal bonus damage.
- Silver Bolts (W): Every hit marks the target for a few seconds. If Vayne hits the same enemy 3 times in a row, the 3rd hit will deal bonus true damage, based on the enemy's max HP + a flat amount.
- Condemn (E): Vayne shoots a giant arrow at an enemy unit, knocking them back a short distance. If the target collides with terrain, it will be stunned for a short duration and take extra damage.
- Final Hour (R): For a short duration, vayne gains increased attack damage, her bonus movement speed from Night Hunter is tripled, and Tumble grants stealth for a very short duration.
ABiLiTY SEQUENCE ORDER
I max out Tumble as fast as I can, to get more damage from it. From there, I max Silver Bolts for additional true damage on every 3rd hit. After that I max out Condemn, however I do put a point into Condemn at level 4. I leave it there, since all it can really give you at the early stages of the game is the knockback+stun effect.
Ofcourse I put a point into my Ultimate, Final Hour, whenever possible, because of the extra damage and duration.
- Silver Bolts.
: I choose these since you do need movement speed (duh), and since it gives Attack Speed, which woks so fantastic with Vayne's
- Silver Bolts. And then, the absolutely LOVELY Unique Passive it has.. It's not Armor Penetration, it's ARMOR SHRED, which also benefits your teammates attacks on the shredded target! Awesome, 'aight?!
: I get this since it gives Attack Damage, which is great for obvious reasons, and because it gives more Attack Speed, which STILL has fantastic synergy with Vayne's
- Silver Bolts, it has Critical Strike Chance, which is great on any AD carry, and it gives MOVEMENT SPEED; which is much needed after the nerfs to all basic movement speeds of AD carries.
: Then I get this, since it gives Attack Speed, which EVEN STILL has great synergy with
- Phantom Dancer's already great chance, and then the wonderful Unique Passive on it.. Your Critical Strikes now deal 250% damage instead of 200%! Since you'll be critting more than you won't, it's just amazing, your damage will be sky high!
: This is just a fantastic item. I get it for the extra Attack Damage (still obvious reasons, still DUH), the 25% Critical Strike Chance to add up to
- Annie stun, to **** up Brand's combo, to block Anivia's stun, to defy Nunu's ultimate, to do everything! It's amazing, and Health + Mana ain't a bad thing either, right? And Magic Resist, let's not forget that one.
: I get this to block the ANNOYING AS HELL
- : Attack Damage to compliment your abilities, make you hit even harder, and Life Steal! Makes you solo Dragon/Lizard without losing Health, or even regaining it after a teamfight to keep the push going! Life Steal for the win!
- Silver Bolts, but just because she already has some % damage.. Why is this so much better? I don't know.
: Good item, if the enemy is stacking Health or you're just against bulky champions, this will help out a lot. Some people say it's the best item on Vayne, since it gives % damage, like
- Tumble aint worth it IMO, and it's on your BASE DAMAGE, i.e. the damage you hav WITHOUT ITEMS.. That's why I don't get it, but its completely up to personal preference, and it's a very good item on her, get it if you feel like you need it. ;)
: A very nice item on Vayne, definitely worth mentioning, since it gives all the stats Vayne wants; Attack Speed, Damage, Mana, Health and so on. But the best part about it is the passive.. When you use an ability, your next Basic Attack will deal 150% more damage! It's pretty cool, but personally I don't get it on her, since I believe the casting time on
- Wriggle's Lantern. Why, you might ask? Because this item rules. Having problems with that pesky Caitlyn down in your lane? Get this item. It gives Armor, Lifesteal, Damage, 20% free Smite on monsters/minions.. And a free ward every 3 minutes. And great for taking down Baron/Dragon if multiple people on your team has it, and since you've got a lot of Attack Speed.. It ticks off A LOT.
- Cleanse on a very short cooldown.. Get it if you're against Mordekaiser, Warwick, Malzahar or the like.
: Get it if you have a lot of trouble with CC, since it's a free
I will add more items when I have the time.
: If you die a lot.. And you're getting raped.. I don't find it a good item, cuz you'll just die twice most of the time. Good item, worth mentioning, but not good enough IMO. Personal preference
FARMiNG + TEAMFiGHTiNG
You will probably be going with a Support Champion to bot lane.
When the minions get low on Health, shoot them, so you get the last hit on them, which gives you the gold for 'em. Do not auto-attack them, since you'll get less lasthits = less gold = fail lategame. And another reason not to auto attack is that you will push your lane, making it impossible for your jungler to come gank.
And when top/bottom lane in late./midgame is getting pushed by their minions, go kill them sons of *****es for the gold and to anti-push the lane.
Pushed lanes lategame = map control = easier turrets taken down = victory.
Stay in the back till your tank has initiated, and the enemy team has thrown out their CC's. Then come in and rape faces.
ALWAYS target the enemies in this order:
AD carry > AP carry > Support > Tank.
In this wonderful guide I have shared my thoughts on how to play Vayne successfully on a competitive level. Everything written here is my opin ions, and certainly isn't the ONLY way to play Vayne successfully.
''Buy a Ward, stop a gank, save a life.''
I hope you enjoyed reading it, more to come!
Alex aka. VacatioN.