Irelia Build Guide by slydunan
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my guide to Facerolling with Irelia! I can assure you that this is the correct way of playing her, and if you think otherwise, we can duel it out :P. When played correctly, Irelia is virtually unbeatable 1v1. This guide will hopefully teach you how to do that.
I will be using formatting copied from my Ranked Ryze Guide.Thanks ahead of time for the thumbs up/comments/and reps!!!
>> Deals true damage.
>> 2 second stun with low CD.
>> Insane amount of sustain.
>> Both tanky and damaging.
>> Easy to farm with Bladesurge.
>> Vulnerable to Ignites.
>> Doesn't have a quick short burst.
>> Stun isn't guarantee.
>> Needs to be built tanky.
>> Weak ult compared to other's.
- Heal is pretty OP right now. Heal heals for more than ignite deals, so if you heal before ignite, you are very far ahead.
- Great synergy with Equilibrium Strike to ensure a safe stun with Heal as backup.
- This makes Irelia even harder to kill. Punishes aggressive enemy players and promotes your aggression as well.
- Con: Vulnerable to ignites if you don't time it right.
Your primary spell for mobility and surprise attacks.
- Flash and Combo to catch an enemy off guard.
- Flash to escape dangerous situations.
- Flash and Snare to catch a fleeing enemy.
- Flash and Dance to troll.
- Used to secure kills.
- A must have against healing enemies like Swain or Vladimir.
- Enhances your combo for easier first bloods.
- Gives more sustained mobility than flash.
- Useful for your sustained kiting combos.
- Can be taken instead of Ignite if you feel you need more mobility.
- Can be taken instead of flash if you prefer as well.
- Very good if you have map awareness.
- Use it to help your team from anywhere on the map.
- You can also use it for a quick recall in lane.
- If you have lightning fast reflexes, this can be an amazing skill.
- Use it when you get stunned or silenced to pull off your combos offensively.
- Use it when you get in a sticky situation and run away.
- Recommended for highly skilled players as it can be very difficult to use effectively.
One of the best passives in the game. This is why you get Mercury's Treads.
- Stacks with Mercury's Treads to give you 41.5/51.25/61% instead of 10/25/40% reduction.
- This effect will not work on enemies you can't see, so it can't be used to check bushes or stealth heroes.
This is a very versatile spell that can be abused if used correctly. This is because the cooldown is reduced to 0 whenever you kill something with it.
- One use is to secure last hits you would otherwise miss.
- You can also use it to travel to low health creeps and cover large distances in the blink of an eye, because the cooldown instantly refreshes everytime you kill one.
- You can use it to catch up to an enemy or to escape from one.
- This does not work on allied units, including wards.
- This deals true damage, which means that it can't be reduced by anything, including Exhaust
- The heal is applied every time you hit something, which means that it also works on towers and inhibitors.
- If you have the same hp or lower % hp than the enemy, this move will stun them.
- Otherwise, it will only slow them.
- This has a very long stun duration and a low cooldown. If you stun the enemy, it is an incredibly strong CC spell.
- This spell along with Ionian Fervor makes Irelia very hard to kill.
This is not the best ultimate, but it has its uses. The first time you use it, you activate it. For the next 10-15 seconds, you can use it 4 more times to shoot it in any direction. Use your mouse to aim.
- Most commonly used to farm large creep waves and heal.
- Also used to kill enemies that are running away or give you more dps when fighting one head on.
- Remember that you can attack and cast spells while using your ult at the same time.
- Also, this can be shot in any direction, regardless of where Irelia is facing. This means you can run away from enemies while shooting them behind your back.