Talon Build Guide by XPOWER666X
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
"live and die by the anus
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Talon, the ***** with a mighty blade.
This guide will explain how "gay" Talon can be with his Noxian Diplomacy criting every champion in the league until their anuses start bleeding. Many of you may have only known Talon played with anal penet....... excuse me, armor penetration items. However, since the great Riot nerf, Talon's peni5 has been reduced to less than an inch long and 1cm in diameter. Therefore, I have decided to put crit items on Talon in order to lose the virginity of many champions quicker and burst open their anus with damages you have never seen before.
It's time to widen your eyes and embrace the way of the critical strike for Talon The Wh0re with a Mighty Blade is here to englighten you........
Explaination for Crit items
This guide focuses on making his Noxian Diplomacy as strong as possible.
You have seen how much damage Talon's Q does right? This is the main reason for the existance of this guide.
Noxian Diplomacy's damage can be added on to critical strikes which will make it very powerful.
My Talon build may not have as much AD as the other build does but it's not a huge difference. If you are fed enough, you will still do enough damage since The Bloodthirster and Infinity Edge gives you a huge amount of AD.
I am not asking you to play Talon like Master Yi, but imagine all of Master Yi's damage combined in to one hit, the Noxian Diplomacy.
Also, the damage from Noxian Diplomacy and critical strike hits will make up for the damage lost in the abilities.
The sadistic and bent anuswanking life of
Talon the prostitute
Talon's earliest memories are the darkness of a black mans anus and the reassuring feeling of a peni5 up his arse. He remembers no protection, virginity or female. Instead, his tight anus and the security of gragas penetrating him from behind is all the kinship he has ever craved. Kept alive only by his very tight anus Talon scraped out a living in the seedy lusts of h0rny gays peni5es in Noxus. His mastery of gay sex quickly marked him as a bent wh0re, and Noxian Wh0reHouses sent prostitutes to him with a demand: join their ranks or be raped. He left the raped bodies of his pursuers dumped in gragas' anus as his response.
The rape attempts grew increasingly dangerous until one rapist met Talon d!ck-for-d!ck in a match of Whoring. To his surprise, Talon was out of energy and facing down his executioner's peni5 when the wh0re revealed himself to be Grand prostitute Du C0ckWank. The Prostitute offered Talon the choice between rape at his d!ck, or life as a wh0re of the Noxian Wh0reHouse. Talon chose life, on the condition that his service was to Du C0ckWank alone, for the only type of orders he could respect were from one he could not Rape. Talon remained in the anuses, carrying out secret gay anal sex on Du C0ckWanks orders that took him from the frigid queers of Freljord to the inner Anuses of Bandle City. When the prostitute vanished, Talon considered reclaiming his anus, but he had gained immense respect from Du C0ckWank after years in his Anus. He became obsessed with tracking down the general's Curved Peni5. Talon's B0ner led him to the anus of Ezreal where he joined the League of wh0res in order to find those responsible for Du C0ckWanks disappearance.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
MasteriesTalon plays the role of a high burst damage assassin, It is essential for Talon to have as much damage output as possible to quickly kill a single target enemy champion in less than a second. Since we are playing crit talon here, I have put a point into Frenzy in order to deal more crit damage per second. I have also put points into every mastery that increases his attack damage% like Warlord Havoc Blade Weaving Double-Edged Sword and Executioner . Why? Talon's E cutthroat increases damage dealt to the target champion by 15% for the next 3 seconds. Combined with these masteries and crit% damage, Talon will basically cut anything (yordles, creeps, adc)to shreds in a matter of seconds! Therefore, these masteries are a must have on Talon.
Skills & Sequencing
|ACTIVE: Talon instantly appears behind his target, silencing them for 1 second and amplifying his damage against that target for 3 seconds.
DAMAGE AMPLIFICATION: 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15%
Recommended Skill sequencing:Q Noxian Diplomacy and max W Rake first because Rake is the most useful ability to harass the enemy without getting too close to him. since Talon is a melee champion, it will be difficult to harass against long range mages and you will have to use E cutthroat as a gap closer then Q to harass, which waste a lot of mana. So I would choose to max W Rake first early game to harass the fck out of the enemy.
Q: Noxian Diplomacy Main damage output after you build your crit items, you will see how much this hurts once you've tried it.
W: Rake excellent harassing ability, make sure you try to hit the enemies with both waves of the blades
E: cutthroat Only use this ability as a gap closer, do not max this because of that tiny % increase after you land your E.
R: Shadow Assault you can use this to go invisible and escape or deal colossal damage to enemies.
Core items & Build order
CRITS NOT ARMOR PENETRATION!!!
As riot nerfed Talon, we can no longer depend on his abilities to do the damage that we need, therefore, I'm introducing the new crit Talon with an all new crit BUILD!
First of all, it is crucial that your Q, Noxian Diplomacy will critically hit, therefore, you will need a lot of critical strike chances.
This item gives us a big increase on AD and boosts our critical strike chance by a nice 25%. Moreover, its unique passive increases our critical strike damage from 200% to 250% which is quite a lot. Combined with the E cutthroat and W Rake combo, the amount of damage Q Noxian Diplomacy deals will be massive >.< This item is essential to Talon if you are building him crit and is a MUST HAVE!!!
This is an item which gives us the most critical strike chance in the game. After getting Infinity Edge, you will have 55% chance of landing a critical strike on the enemy with your Q Noxian Diplomacy which is quite a lot. It also gives us 5% movement speed and let us avoid unit collision so we don't have to worry about op minions. It also gives us a mssive 50% more attack speed so that we can land more crits /second.
This item, again, increases our Q Noxian Diplomacy's damage by a thousandfold (ok not that much :p). It gives us another 10% critical strike chance and 8% additional movement speed, combined with Phantom Dancer these two items will be enough to replace boots. This item is ideal because Talon usually uses an ability first to get close to the enemy before landing Q Noxian Diplomacy. So Trinity Force's passive: [Spellblade] - After using an ability, the next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 200% of base Attack Damage on hit (2 second cooldown). will enable us to deal another 200+ damage on hit.
Do not underestimate the power of Youmuu's Ghostblade. I have seen too many people using this item incorrecly *facepalm*People rushing this as a first item and just basically following recommended builds, omfg NOOBS EVERYWHERE!The reason I chose this to be one of my core items is because it suits Talon the best, and other critical strike items would not work as well on Talon this items just sort of completes Talon with the things he's missing like 15% more critical strike chance, a little bit of additional damage and armor penetration.
And finally, my favourite item, BLOODTHIRSTER!!! In my opinion, The Bloodthirster is one of the most overpowering item in the game. Not only does it give 100 attack damage at full stack but also gives a ton of lifesteal, and the best thing about this item is that it is NOT a unique passive! Talon needs this item to boost his AD massively as well as have some sustain in lane or in late game.
First off, it is clearly impossible to play crit Talon in early game as you don't have enough critical strike chances. Therefore, you need to build normally before building crit items. The order is as follows.
(This is after starting items, possibly first back if you have enough money, feel free to buy more consumables if you feel you don't have enough sustain.)
After getting these items......
It depends on your situation, whether you are fed or not.
If you are NOT fed: Build Frozen Mallet first.
If you are FED: Get Infinity Edge right away.
You should either finish off your Youmuu's Ghostblade or build a Phantom Dancer for more crit chances. Then, you can get a Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet if you haven't already.
Situational items are NOT Core items, so please don't replace any of the items I mentioned in the above paragraph. If you decides to replace one of the items and you lose, don't blame me for losing because it is a legit build and you are not using it correctly.
You have armor? I don't care. Gives you a massive 35% armor penetration +40 attack damage, very effective against tanks, not bad.
It gives you 25% armor penetration at max, +50 attack damage, +10 armor penetration and gives you some health for more survivability. Good item when you need a little bit defenses.
Why this item? BECAUSE OF HIS PASSIVE!!!!
mercy: Talon's autoattacks deal 10% additional damage to any target that is slowed, stunned, immobilized or suppressed.
so every basic attack will deal 10% more damage, and combined with those crits........sweeeeeeettt jesus!!!! It also makes you a little bit harder to kill.
Maw of Malmortius
This item gives you a fair amount of magic resist and attack damage. It also gives you more +1 attack damage for every 2hp you are missing so it means, the more health you are missing, the moar damage (crits) you have :D so don't think +60 damage is the max AD it will give you ;) Plus, the shield it gives you will help a lot in a losing situation.
This item is extremely useful if you are against teams with heavy cc as the active removes all debuffs from Talon, with this item, every Zed will rage because of you.
This item offers a lot of defence against AP champs as it gives you 55 magic resist as well as 450 health, the blue ring the appears around your champion will also block the next ability from an enemy champion which means if a Zed ults you while you have the shield on........... The Banshee's Veil is best built against AP enemy teams (or Zed one for all).
A severely underused item in my opinion, it gives you bonus armor and magic resist, and practically two lives. Of course it doesn't mean that you can fling yourself recklessly into the enemy team just because you have to passive on. It means that you have been focused hard in fights and no matter how hard you try to stay alive, they always go for your a55 first. (My build too op?) the passive on this item will distract your enemies temporarily from you and when you "respawn", the enemy team will be handling your teamates other rather than you, unless your whole team died, leaving the surrender button as the only option. In that case, not even the Guardian Angel will be able to save your a55.
Pros / Cons
Needless to say, this build has its own Pros and Cons.
+Tons of damage
+extremely effective against single target yordles
+quite high mobility
+op ult (stealth+damage)
+easy to escape from fights
-Very mana dependent
-Can only burst a single time, have to wait for cool down
-Easily focused on
-Trinket: Sweeping Lens can counter Talon
So let's take a look on what spells are best on Talon
|This is probably the best spell to make the odds in your favor, and let the enemy know that you are confident about killing them. Also, it is the ultimate spell to perform "KS" (kill secure) and "KS" (kill steal).||
|This spell is extremely useful when you need to flash over a wall to escape from the enemy, flash over a wall to kill the enemy, or just flash because you forgot to press Enter for chat before verbally harassing your teamates. Although Talon Already has his ult Shadow Assault to stealth and run faster, this spell lets you have tons more mobility.||
|Don't you just hate it when you are just " " that far away from landing your W Rake or E cutthroat to deal the killing blow? Thanks to this spell, you will be able to move at the speed of light, overtaking any enemies (except maybe Hecarim Malphite).||
|Feeling prey still escaping from your grasp too easily? Secure that kill with the perma-slow Exhaust! Or use it to slow the enemy so that you can escape.||
|If you feel like backdooring in that game, just take Teleport it's also very useful ganking teamates in need, or when you feel like trolling the enemy ;)||
Team work and Play Style
This is basically the golden rule when playing high damage and squishy champions:
"NEVER ENGAGE FIGHTS YOURSELF, LET THE TANKS DO IT!!!"
What kind of champion is Talon?
Talon is an assassin, in other words, he is a high damage champion who should be able to burst down target champions in as quick as 3 seconds. Of course, any person with common sense will know that I am talking about other high damage enemy champions, not tanks, because they are the ones you want to take down first in a fight.
How should I play/ build him?
As your job is to kill people as quick as possible, you should be building tons of damages, and not tanky items like Warmog's Armor or Randuin's Omen. Of course you can always build a bit of defence if you find yourself focused hard in fights, but in my opinion,
btw, ask your jungler to give you blue buff :3 it's really important.
Match ups & Advices
This section will be very useful on how to counter your enemy mid, even if they counter you:D
1. Stay behind minions, it's better to get hit by her Orb of Deception than her Charm.
2. Wait until she has used her skills to harass her.
3. it's dangerous to use E cutthroat because the silence only lasts 3 seconds. So do all the damage you can on her and leave, don't waste ult if you can't kill her and don't get greedy.
4. try to dodge Orb of Deception when it flies back to Ahri because it deals true damage.
5. If she uses her ult and tries to kill you, use your ult to go invisible. If you can kill her, use E cutthroat to flash behind her so that all the blades from your Shadow Assault will hit her thus silencing her for 3 seconds, making her extremely vulnerable. Use those 3 seconds well and you should be able to finish her off.
1. Stay away from him, his Null Sphere circle ball of purple silencing hurts a lot and in my opinion it's just like the AP version of Pantheon's Spear Shot.
2. Don't get caught in his Force Pulse because you will be slowed and it will usually be followed by a Null Sphere so you will be vulnerable for at least 2 seconds. By the time you managed to get back under tower, you will have lost a chunk of health.
3. Try to be the more aggressive and dominant and use E cutthroat more often because that is pretty much the only way you can harass him without him silencing you first. The only advantage you have is that your silence is 1 second longer than his so you will still have a chance to retaliate after he silenced you.
4. Another advantage is that you are AD, with crits :D. So don't worry if he silenced you, you can still use your basic attacks to deal massive damage :D (even when you are in early game).
Tip:When Kassadin used gap closer and silenced you, do not be afraid, get close to him and use your basic attack to do damage on him in that 2 seconds then do a full combo assault to burst down his a55. You can also use the combo I mentioned in lanning against Ahri
1. Fizz's usual combo is Urchin Strike to dash to your location and use Playful / Trickster to dodge any attacks and slow. Therefore, do not panic and use Rake after he dashed to you because he will use that combo to dodge it (unless he is a real noob).
2. And again, the only way to perform a full combo is to E cutthroat first so that Fizz won't be able to do anything.
3. If Fizzlanded his ult, Chum the Waters on you, don't bother using Shadow Assault because he will be able to see you anyways. Instead, try to get as far away from fizz as possible.
4. Perform R Shadow Assault and W Rake immediately after landing E cutthroat because that's the only time when Fizz won't be able to dodge your attacks unless he's got Flash
5. Just keep distance with Fizz you never know what that crazy fish will do.
Before I talk about anything about lanning tips, I just want to say f*ck this champion, and curse Riot for creating him. You are very likely to lose against malzahar unless you are a very good mid laner.
1. First of all, STAY MILES AWAY FROM HIM, his main harrasses will be Call of the Void which silences you and Malefic Visions. He will probably keep spamming these skills until you are on very low health. His Call of the Void does a surprising amount of damage and you will be shocked at how burst Malzahar can be.
2. You damages are significantly less than Malzahar in the early game and it's usually in the late game where you have the AD advantages (lifesteal, armor penetration, tons of damages from basic attacks) to take down Malzahar. So even if you use the cutthroat combos, Malzahar will still be able to deal more damage on you afterwards in the early game (unless that Malzahar is a pu55y).
3. It is safer to farm under tower early game than to try and harass Malzahar because the range of Malzahar's skills will make sure you stay the fck away from him. And Malzahar will always end up trading more damages so it's not really worth harassing him.
4. I guess the only safe time to harass will be when Malzahar runs out of mana.
Tip: You will be able to get him late game providing none of your teammates or yourself feed him :p. Also, you must definitely buy magic resist against Malzahar because if he ults you, not only does it deal a hell of a lot damage but it also suppresses you and that means you won't be able to do a thing. Mercurial Scimitar will be useful as its passive can remove Malzahar's suppression.
1. When playing against Zed, it is very important to predict his movement and skill shots because that is where his main damages come from.
2. Zed has very long range harasses, What Zed players will often do is send out their Living Shadow and throwing a Razor Shuriken to increase the range so you might have a split second to see in which direction did Zed send out his Living Shadow and try to dodge them.
3. You will want to stay away from the shadows. When I play Zed, what I mostly see is people thinking that the shadows are harmless once they've thrown out the Razor Shuriken you do not want to think that, they are called Living Shadow for a reason. Not only can it mimic Razor Shurikens, it can also mimic Shadow Slash. If you are caught by the shadow's Shadow Slash, you will be slowed and Zed can instantly teleport to the shadow to do some damage on you. However, you can also grab this chance to cutthroat him and trade damages.
4. In normal situations, Talon is not burst enough to take down a Zed. Believe me, I have tried, and building normally (armor penetration) will not help. This is one of the reasons for the existence of this guide. So you will want to play safe, trade damage when you can because if you try to kill him, he can always use his Living Shadow to teleport to safety. So you might want to do this with a jungler unless you have enough skills.
Tip: You will be able to take down Zed in late game once you have enough crits. Just avoid feeding him early game because he can become incredibly OP late game.
Final word of advice:
Lanning is actually one of the easiest part of the game. The basic thing you need to do is farm, push turrets and not die. That's is practically the only thing you have to do in lanning phase. Other things are just nice bonuses that will assist you later in game. But here are a few rules that I play by when I'm in lane.
Not too close, you will have space to dodge skill shots and avoid enemy using a gap closer on you. If the enemy does use a gap closer on you, at least you will be closer to your own turret. Plus, you never know when the enemy jungler is going to gank. And not too far, you don't want to miss the minion experiences.
You don't have to keep hitting a minion so that it dies faster, although this is a pushing game, you do not want to push too far and hard. Just hit the minion when its health is low enough. Also you won't be able to farm much if you have pushed up to their turrets and all the minions are under enemy turret with your enemy laner and it will be easy for the jungler to gank (unless you stay back, but then you will be missing the exp from the minions.) Try to "freeze" a lane so that the waves of minions are not getting pushed to your own turret nor to the enemy's turret.
Balance between farming and harassing
You don't want to just farm and get harassed by enemy team while trying to last hit. You want to let the enemy laner know your threat to them, tell them to stay back when you get close, and you need to establish that status by harassing/ trading damage well.
Unless you are a manaless champion, you should always watch how much mana you are using. in my opinion, you should only use your skills to harass if an enemy is in lane. You will always have to recall if you run out of mana and if you don't, you won't be able to use your skills if your enemy attack you.
You don't want enemy junglers catching you by surprise or camping your lane.
In order to counter Riot's nerf, I have come up with this wonderful build for everybody in the game to enjoy, including you nubs ;). Thanks to this build, Talon will now deal 9000 more damage than before and crit everybody to oblivion. And finally, thank you for reading this guide, if it wasn't for you Talon players out there, I wouldn't have created this guide :D. Hopefully this will help you a lot in game and don't forget, Gl, Hf!