Darius Build Guide by Baconman
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Darius guide, who is the newest champion in the game at the moment of me writing this. This is also my first Mobafire guide, but I'm constantly lurking in the back alleys of the site, so I figured I should give it a shot.
Darius is a bad-ace from Noxus and a character who I've started to love. I'll go over how I feel he can be used. Please note, this is a GUIDE. The word guide is defined as "to assist (a person) to travel through, or reach a destination in, an unfamiliar area, as by accompanying or giving directions to the person." Don't follow it blindly. Use common judgement to adapt to the game you are in!
Note: This is a work inprogress. I'm continuing work on it. I just accidentally hit "Publish" like the klutz I am...
Pros and Cons
Nothing outside the ordinary here. Feel free to use your favorites, but these generics always work well.
- greater mark of desolation: Armor pen on top of your Apprehend passive. What's not to like?
- Greater Seal of Armor: Be more tanky. Take more hits to the face. I would personally recommend these over greater seal of defense unless you KNOW you aren't laning against an AD champ.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: This is the reverse of what I said about the armor seals. If you aren't laning against AP, grab these. Otherwise, I'd go for Greater Glyph of Magic Resist.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed: Universally the best quint in the game. It helps Darius with his gap closing, even if it's marginal.
Possible altenate choices:
- Greater Mark of Precision: Your bleed does do magic damage. The little bit of magic pen these give don't give that much of a difference, IMO. Take them if you want.
- greater seal of replenishment: I'd recommend this if they have an AP heavy team, mostly if their top is AP, since you are losing armor for doing it. But this could help with your mana-hunger.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction: If you want more cooldown, these work. I don't think Darius' abilities need much more cooldown recution though, our Shurelya's Reverie gives us enough.
I take a nice 9/21/0 for our pal Darius. The reasoning is simple. You are a tanky damage dealer, so that's really what you want. This isn't the only way to do it, for sure. Just my favorite.