Darius Build Guide by Miztaken
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
- Updated the item build
- Made "Ability Usage", showing what the abilities are used and good for.
- Added a "Trinity Force" (just for the extra damage,) and took away "Doran's Blade" in the beginning.
- Added one more build. One is against AP-Champions (and mixed), and the other one is against mostly AD-Champs.
Hello, I'm Miztaken and this is my first ever Guide!
Darius is a melee fighter, who sticks to targets, drops their health-pools with bleeds and finally executes them for a kill!
If you like getting into the thick of it and being a major source of pain, take a spin with Darius!
Build based on RiotGamesInc's Champion Spotlight video:
In this Guide, I will be making this Video from Riot Games into a Guide for Darius!
Credits to RiotGamesInc for the Video..
Pros / Cons
- Darius' ulti gived him ALOT of kills/executions..
- Darius is very good if you know when to get in and when to not get into team-fights
- He is a decent champion in 1v1-situations.
- Slowing strike allowing for more quick burst damage
- Slowing-Strike allowing qucik burst-damage.
- Very likely to get focused.
For items you wanna go with the ones shown on the top most of the times.
You can buy "Cloth Armor" instead of Boots of Speed if you are against some heavy AD-Champions.
You can also choose "Mercury's Threads" instead of the Ninja Tabis, but that decision is yours! Mercury's early against ap players..
- Darius has strong bonus AD scaling, so building accordingly would be prudent.
- Darius has trouble sticking to targets without Apprehend up, so an early Phage would be helpful. It can be upgraded later on into Frozen Mallet which synergizes well with his AD scaling and his need of getting close to the enemy.
- Against an armor-heavy team, getting The Black Cleaver is great. It gives more attack damage that scales with your abilities, attack speed to apply Hemorrhage and the armor reduction to soften your targets up.
- Warden's Mail(build into Randuin's Omen) gives Darius some early sustain and the upper hand against AD-champions, since fighting back will make their escape even harder.
- Darius's lack of sustain and good ad ratio's ask to be solved and enhanced by a The Bloodthirster.
- Darius has no movement abilities or other escapes, so getting a Quicksilver Sash will help against teams that try to lock you down with crowd control.
- Darius has strong end game, and is naturally a fast champion, pair The Bloodthirster with Phantom Dancer for massive life steal and movement speed bonus.
- Armor Reduction in the game with his Apprehend, building a Last Whisper will turn Darius into a potent anti-armor killing champion.
- Trinity Force can be used to great effect on Darius despite the ability power waste, due to his low cool downs and short range ability combos, it becomes easy to proc Sheen multiple times in a matter of seconds, and also provides some relief on his low mana problems.
- Greater Quintessence of Swiftness: Darius has no gap closer outside of Apprehend and Noxian Guillotine. Blowing an ultimate to catch up to someone is bad, and Apprehend is on a long cooldown, so Darius needs to be fast to catch people.
- Greater Mark of Strength: Normally on a physical attacking champion, like Darius, I'd use Greater Mark of Desolation. But, due to Apprehend's passive, the armor penetration is unnecessary. Instead improve your early game damage with these marks.
- Greater Glyph of Shielding: These runes help scale your defense against AP casters better into late game. They also help against the occasional Mordekaiser or Vladimir at top lane.
- Greater Seal of Resilience: Improve your defense. Pretty self explanatory honestly.
Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his target to bleed for 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30 / 33 / 36 (+0.3 per bonus attack damage) magic damage over 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to five times.
Darius gains 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.
Darius swings his axe in a wide circle. Enemies struck by the shaft take 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+0.7 per bonus attack damage) physical damage, while those that are struck by the blade take 105 / 157.5 / 210 / 262.5 / 315 (+1.05 per bonus attack damage) physical damage.
Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery, dealing 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 % additional physical damage. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 % for 2 seconds. Crippling Strike's cooldown is reduced by 1 second for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target.
Darius hones his axe, granting him 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 % passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
Darius leaps to an enemy Champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing 160 / 250 / 340 (+0.75 per bonus attack damage) true damage. This damage increases by 20% for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target up to a maximum of 320 / 500 / 680 (+1.5 per bonus attack damage) true damage. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow its cooldown is refreshed.
So how to we use Darius' abilities?
Start off upgrading Decimate, which is Ability #1.. With Decimate you can easily harass AD-enemies, but also pretty good against AP-enemies. Decimate combined with Ignite will very often give you first blood, becuase Decimate takes alot of damage and ignite is often used when they reach their turret.
Then you upgrade in the order shown above/on the top.
When you reach level 2, upgrade the Apprehend. Why not Crippling Strike? Because Apprehend is simply more usefull to drag their champion to you and your teammate. Apprehend is used for draging champions who are leaving fights or to drag them into your turret.
Reaching level 6 early, is very important.(At least if you are against another Darius)
Your Ultimate is so powerfull, mainly because it takes a huge amount of damage and is often used to execute an enemy.
When executing an enemy/killing with your Ultimate: Noxian Guillotine, your cooldown is refreshed and can now be used again. This also results in Darius often getting that tripple, quadra or pentakill!
Crippling Strike is the ability i upgrade in mid game, becuase it isn't THAT effective as the other two in the early game (level it one time at level 3). I often use Crippling Strike when jungling or just in 1v1-fights, unless I have a low amount of mana left.
- Ignite is a common spell which is powerful in duels as it gives you an extra damage spell that scales with levels. It is often used to get first blood and to counter champions with a good amount of self heal like Vladimir and Warwick.
- Ghost is a 'non-targeted' summoner spell that makes your Champion move faster and ignore unit collisions with other Champions, minions and monsters for a short period of time.
You can also switch the Ghost with Flash, but I recommend Ghost for Darius.
In team fights, Darius can start off by using Decimate to quickly apply his bleed on a number of enemies. These Hemorrhage debuffs will not only give him a hefty movement speed bonus, but also interact with his other abilities for added effect. To pursue a fleeing enemy, the added speed from his passive combines with Crippling Slash, an attack that slows the opponent and refunds part of the cooldown for each stack of Hemorrhage currently affecting the target. Even in the event an adversary should start to slip away, Darius can use Apprehend to pull them back within reach.
There is no greater symbol of Noxian might than Darius, the nation's most feared and battle-hardened warrior. Orphaned at a young age, Darius had to fight to keep himself and his younger brother alive. By the time he joined the military, he had already developed the strength and discipline of a veteran soldier. The first true test of Darius's resolve occurred in a crucial battle against Demacia, where the Noxian forces were exhausted and outnumbered. Darius's captain called for his troops to retreat, but Darius refused to accept such an act of cowardice. Breaking formation, Darius strode towards the captain and decapitated him with one sweep of his gigantic axe. Both terrified and inspired, the soldiers followed Darius into battle and fought with incredible strength and fervor. After a long and grueling battle, they ultimately emerged victorious.
Seizing momentum from this victory, Darius led his now fiercely loyal troops in a devastating campaign against Demacia. After proving his power on the battlefield, Darius turned his gaze homeward. He saw a Noxus riddled with weakness, where greedy, complacent nobles drained the nation's strength. Seeking to restore his country to greatness, Darius took it upon himself to reshape the Noxian leadership. He identified weak figureheads and violently removed them from their positions of power. Many in Noxus saw Darius's cull as an attempt to seize power, but he had a different plan for the throne. He had been watching the rise of Jericho Swain with keen interest. In Swain, Darius saw a leader with the mind and determination to bring Noxus to glory. Now allied with the Master Tactician, Darius works to unite the nation behind his vision of true Noxian strength.
"A united Noxus could control the world - and would deserve to."
"They will regret opposing me."
"They will regret opposing me."
"Death by my hand."
"Exploit every weakness."
"Witness true strength."
"With overwhelming force."
"Carve a path."
"I will not rest."
"Strength above all."
"I have my orders."
"Noxus will rise."
"My destination is clear."
"I do not tolerate cowardice."
"Make no mistakes."
(spinning) "Noxuuu... whoa... whoa! How does he do it?"
(spinning) "Noxuuu... whoa... whoa! Dizzy."
"Don't turn your back or expose your neck."
"Defy Noxus and taste your own blood."
Thanks for reading my Guide, and hope you liked it!
Take in mind that this is my first guide, but if you have something to say, please comment below!
Press like, it will help me and my motivation alot! :)