Diana Build Guide by Jiggles
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
// Hello everyone and today i have for you my Diana build, this is my first ever build so i'm sorry if it is a bit dodgy here and there but i mainly made this due to my frustration at the lack of quality builds on mobafire for Diana
// Diana is a champion i enjoy playing ever since she came out, she fitted hand in hand with Akali who i loved playing with her high mobility, high damage play-style.
// if you haven't already have a look at the Champion Spotlight on Diana to get a general idea on how to play her and have a look at phreak's tips and tricks before i show you mine
// Alrighty lets get into it
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ // Has an Insane amount of Burst (especially later on with Lich Bane
+ // Can escape very well contrary to popular belief ( Moonfall Can be used to escape just as much as it can be used to attack)
+ // Extremely high mobility, Correct use of Crescent Strike and Lunar Rush makes her almost inescapable!
+ // Great Farming Ability with passive and auto attack animation
+ // Decent CC Moonfall (used to catch unsuspecting victims)
+ // Can Easily Snowball if doing well
- // High Learning Curve
- // Squishy with my build compared to others
- // Does not react well with CC
- // Moonfall is hard to hit as its hitbox is dodgy
- // Is bad against bruisers and tanky characters (Such as Mordekaiser
Masteries & Rune Explanation
// With 21/9/0 you gain a slight in survivability & an obvious increase in damage. The offense tree is to good to give up for Diana. Along with the health boost from the defense tree it synergizes with your x9 Greater Seal of Vitality. However due to her mana problems if you decide to harass strongly with Crescent Strike it can be a more intelligent move to use Greater Seal of Replenishment.
// If you do get x9 Greater Seal of Replenishment I strongly recommend the use of x2 Greater Quintessence of Ability Power and a single Greater Quintessence of Health Just so you have the necessary extra survivability early game to help you begin to snowball.
// Finally i chose to use x3 Greater Mark of Magic Penetration as the slight attack speed bonus really helps with your passive throughout the game.
[Flash]: // Jump away or towards your opponent, even over walls, whats not to love? this is a generic one to go for and even with Diana's high mobility it simply cannot be passed up.
[Ignite]: // Burn your enemies for that little extra damage, my favourite spell to use just to make sure that that pesky little Ahri doesn't get away, or to make sure you shut down the occasional Vladimir My chosen spell, i recommend it strongly towards those of you who want to make sure their enemy doesn't get away.
[Smite]: // If you do decide to jungle, which my guide does not cover, diana should build much like a Karthus jungle, YES A KARTHUS JUNGLE. So if thats what your after check this guys awesome guide out.(unknown embed type)
- PASSIVE: // Every three hits, you do a huge amount of damage, amazing for your burst and is the main reason i added in 3x Greater Mark of Attack Speed
- ABILITY ONE (Q): // An amazing ability that is your main harass, It has an awesome curve skillshot that is very hard to duke due to the low amount of time players have had to conter it, it is hard to see and very strong, Crescent Strike also shows enemies and therefore you can use it before facechecking. Don't Forget it goes hand in hand with your ultimate giving you the ability to jump onto a running enemy twice, you can also use this before your ultimate to jump anywhere you like without starting a cool-down on your ultimate.
- ABILITY TWO (W): // An extremely strong ability, i max this second. It gives you circling balls of death around your body and a nice shield, i recommend using this after [[Moonfall] as it pulls them towards the balls and allows you to burst down your opponent. This ability is also strong when trying to survive and need that extra amount of health/defense so you do not die.
- ABILITY THREE (E): // An almost overpowered spell in my opinion Moonfall Pulls your enemies towards you in a circle and slows them. This is a great cc in both team fights and 1v1's and is also a beautiful way to get away from that pesky melee carry that is killing you, if you hit someone with it on the border of its range it slows them and they also move towards the center very slowly allow you to either duke a different direction or just keep running.
- ABILITY FOUR (R): // Much like Akali's Shadow Dance Lunar Rush makes you jump to your target, it does large damage and allows you to make full advantage of all your abilities. Use this to burst down your targets, close gaps and also proc your Lich Bane. Dont forget you can use this spell to minions and it can be very effective at escaping especially if you use Moonfall just before you jump away slowing your enemies.
Ability Sequence Order
// Hit your target from afar with Crescent Strike Then jump in with Lunar Rush, auto attack and then use Pale Cascade If the enemy is escaping use your Moonfall auto attack again hoping to proc Moonsilver Blade
and then finish off your enemy with a final Lunar Rush.
Nice, Simple, Burst.
: // I Like this for the extra health and especially mana regen but if you are more of a boots person, which is understandable, especially when going mid it can be more advantageous to grab boots instead. But i still like to have the Doran's Ring there as your first item. Do note that this would be the best buy if you do go solo top purely due to the mana regen allowing you to sit away from the ad bruiser that is usually situated at top.
: // Explained above, mainly useful for the health-pots and allows you to focus on the next items, if you do not get this first i strongly recommend getting this second, so you have some mobility while you try to rush the Sheen and Hextech Revolver
: // Second/Third item you buy and is amazing, the spellvamp works wonders with your Crescent Strike and passive.
: // Perfect for Diana and is the main way in which she can deal huge burst especially early game. No exception this should be bought straight after the Hextech Revolver
: // Magic Pen is great... Nothing more to say. If you do want later on you can get Ionian Boots of Lucidity But these do fine.
: // Get this after your boots, a bit expensive but the survivability is necessary and will definitely be a great addition before you get into more damage dealing items.
: // Follow with this after your Giant's Belt The CC and health are amazing
: // Perfect for your passive, and all your abilities especially considering you are melee. Get this unless you are dominating and literally are one hitting everyone in which case get a Deathcap.
: // Nothing to be said. Get this before Lich Bane if you are doing very well otherwise, get it after and continue to dominate. The passive is amazing and the ability power it gives you is amazing. Nothing more to say.
: // Great with your passive and helps you deal damage. The Passive of the item is great and overall is a great choice also for the life-steal. Sometimes if you would prefer and find yourself doing more with your abilities instead of effectively using your auto attacks, you can get Will of the Ancients instead.
: // A great buy and very good against teams where the ad carries are doing damage back to you when you try to assassinate them, hopefully the game doesn't get to a point where you need this but the active on zhonya's is a get out of jail free guard that is very nice to have.
: // If you find that they are an AP heavy team or someone is stunning you constantly or a pesky LeBlanc Keeps combo'ing your ***. This is the item for you.
- : // Really good, Gives you all-round good defensive stats and is the go to choice if their team is well balanced. I personally dislike it as i find that as the assassin if i get caught in the GA i will die straight after spawning unless their is a chance for me to jump somewhere with Lunar Strike But some people are religious about it and so i put it in here.
// Simple use your Crescent Strike if you don't want to get into melee, otherwise set up the minions in front of you and then auto attack away making sure your passive proc's to hit all of them. You can also use your Pale Cascade To farm. But in all honesty if your in the laning phase in my opinion either auto attack if you can get in or sit back and Crescent Strike
// ASSASSINATE THE CARRIES MWHU HAHAHAHA Stay back as long as you can and then as soon as you get the chance attempt to hit Crescent Strike and jump in, follow with the combo and then stay back, try and stay out of any AOE making sure once you've bursted one person down you stay out of the way until your Crescent Strike Comes up again using that to harass. If you win the teamfight use your Moonfall and ultimate to catch and slow/cc the runners. Goodluck!
// I hope you enjoy downing noobs and please up-vote the guide if you thought it was helpful at all, if your gonna down-vote tell me why, i need to "Constructive criticism if i'm going to become any better at this
// additional credits/shout-outs
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
[Updated] Diana - A new moon rises - Mid + Jungle Guide
Diana: Slicing stuff up in the Jungle
Diana, the Night's Assassin: a multi-role guide
Diana - Guardian of the Moon (Season 3)
About the Author