Diana Build Guide by Karel
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey, my name is Karel, I'm from Belgium and I play League of Legends on the EUW Servers as Dinsdag Mestdagh.
I enjoy playing Diana alot 'cause of her high killing and chasing potential. One of her downsides is her bad laning phase, this is where she could get poked down since most of the midlaners are ranged and have a lot ranged abilities. If you know a bit how to play her, i can assure you that you will like her aswell. I hope you enjoy this build, and feel free to add me to play a game with me or just ask for advice!
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- The Greater Mark of Magic Penetration helps you harass and zone the enemy midlaner if she pokes you too much, that way you can get some farm with Diana which is essential.
- The Greater Seal of Armor gives you a little defense against enemy basic attacks and enemy ganks, since most junglers are AD.
- The Greater Glyph of Magic Resist gives you a little defense against enemy ability pokes and bursts.
- The Greater Quintessence of Ability Power is pretty obvious, some AP for the damage you need to kill the enemy midlaner, get gold advantage and have some freefarm.
These masteries are based on:
- Mana regen
Closer look at the abilities.
- Moonsilver Blade is Diana's passive, her passive is really strong. It grants Diana bonus attack speed and is good for poke or farming, the dilemma of which minion to take first does not exist anymore, just take 'em all out with Moonsilver Blade. Moonsilver Blade will also pop spell shields such as Banshee's Veil
- Crescent Strike is unlocked first because it's a great farming tool and at the same time a harras. You should try to hit the enemy while trying to last hit the minions on it's way. You got your farm and it keeps your enemy away for a while. Late game you should use it to get the enemies low before a teamfight happens, this way they will already be at 3/4hp, giving your team a slight advantage.
- Pale Cascade is unlocked at level 2, it gives a little protection against enemy harras and also a great farming tool, only downside when using this as farming tool is that you will be pushing and might be denying your own farm if you keep pushing. Use Pale Cascade right after using Lunar Rush, Pale Cascade will detonate almost immediately giving you the bonus shield.
- Moonfall is unlocked at level 4 because you don't really need it any earlier, now it could be useful for incoming ganks to slow the enemy jungle if he gets too close. Later on it is used for chasing after you used Lunar Rush for the slow so you can keep up and they can't get away.
- Lunar Rush is -ofcourse- unlocked at 6, 11 and 16. This ultimate ability works very well with all of her other abilities, even her passive! If the target has Moonlight, inflicted by Crescent Strike, Lunar Rush's cooldown is gone. When you use your ultimate be careful when you use it without Moonlight, even though it only has like 25 seconds of cooldown, it can be crucial.
Counters and more
Top 5 Good Against
Top 5 Weak Against
Top 5 Good With
Flash can be usefull for chasing down enemies, but with Diana I prefer to use it to get away, since she has no ability to escape.
Ignite is great to get that last tiny bit of damage to secure the kill, 'cause with Diana, if her burst not enough, the only thing to rely on is her passive and if you don't have Nashor's Tooth yet, it could be a real pain in the ***.
- Teleport could be viable, but I almost never use it when playing Diana. It works well with her Crescent Strike followed by Lunar Rush to secure a kill.
Farming is really important, with almost every hero, same goes for Diana, but Diana is a melee character with a bad laning phase, so you could have a hard time. Try to farm and harras with Crescent Strike at the same time, line up your Crescent Strike so that it'll go through low health minions and ends on the enemy midlaner. That way, you got your farm and you harrassed and zoned your enemy on the other side of the lane. Now you got a bit of freefarm, so use it!
Poking/Harrassing (After lv6)
When you got your ultimate... now you're dangerous! What you will try to do is to get a Crescent Strike on the enemy, go in with Lunar Rush and Pale Cascade, wait to use Moonfall untill he actually tries to run away. If you are good at those things, try to aim a little for Moonfalls max range. Now you have 2 Options: 1) Go back with your ultimate (no Crescent Strike is needed here) or 2) Wait for Crescent Strike to be off cooldown and go in with Lunar Rush twice and finish him off!
Mid - Late Game
As Diana, you are really vulnerable, so your role is to stay behind your teammates. That way an enemy Amumu or Leona won't be able to reach you, because you are an easy target and really dangerous, so keep an eye out for those extreme crowd control champions.
In teamfights, your job is to wait behind your team until the fight really has begun and everyone found a target (mostly your ADC), that's when you want to go in. Since everyone is so focussed on getting your ADC you will get some extra time, ofcourse they will start attacking you eventually but they'll be dead before they even know it!
Thank you for reading this! If you enjoyed this guide, upvote it, it helps me alot. Let's reach this to the top 5 Diana guides together, and I'd be more than grateful! :)