Diana Build Guide by MRxMONEY
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Diana Jungle - Scorn of the Moon
Welcome to my guide on playing jungle Diana. If you are already a jungler, then you know the ropes and may just use my items build order for your game. If you are new to jungling and looking for great tips then this should help you out alot.
I also wanna say that Diana is one of my favorite champions to jungle with as well as one of my most picked champions too. I put alot of time into perfecting this champion's build guide so it should work out great for you if you follow it.
More on this build below as well as in game strategies for you.
PS: PLEASE RATE AND COMMENT!
"The sun does not reveal truth. Its light only burns and blinds."
Item Break Down - Assassin Build
- 20 Attack Speed. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed.
- 50 Ability Power, 10 Cooldown Reduction, 10 Mana Regeneration. UNIQUE Passive: +20% Spell Vamp. UNIQUE Passive: Butcher: Damage dealt to neutral monsters increased by 25%. UNIQUE Passive: Reduces the cooldown on Summoner Smite by 20%
- 65 Ability Power, 50 Attack Speed. UNIQUE Passive: +20% Cooldown Reduction.
- 80 Ability Power, 250 Mana, 5 Movement Speed Multiplier. UNIQUE Passive: Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 50 + 75% of your Ability Power (2 Second Cooldown).
- 120 Ability Power, 50 Armor. UNIQUE Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering your champion invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any actions. 90 second cooldown.
- 70 Ability Power. UNIQUE Passive: +35% Magic Penetration.
Why I go these items
That just about showcases the full breakdown for my Assassin Build. Please let me know what you think as well as how it works for you.
Other Situational Items
- 15 Magic Penetration. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed.
This is a great choice on any AP caster, I will get these instead of Berserker's Greaves if I want more spell burst damage vs. sustained damage from my passive in fights.
- 75 Ability Power, 20 Cooldown Reduction, 12 Mana Regeneration. UNIQUE Passive: Dealing magic damage to an enemy champion below 40% health inflicts Grievous Wounds on them for 4 seconds. (Grievous wounds reduces healing and regeneration rates by 50%)%
This is a great item to get if you need a cheap way of getting AP and CDR. This can also help counter healing regen or life steal effect if the tank or ADC is the enemy champion that may become a problem. Some of the items in the build you could replace are a Spirit of the Spectral Wraith or Nashor's Tooth.
- 120 Ability Power. UNIQUE Passive: Increases Ability Power by 30%.
I would think this explains itself but just to note, this is a great item for any AP caster so you could get this instead of any item in your build outside boots increasing your damage output by a lot. I usually wont go this because of the cost and because you have a main AP carry that will get one so you can be a little more creative in your build to target or defend against the champion/s your need to.
- 80 Ability Power, 500 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Your spell damage will slow the target's movement speed by 35% for 1.5 seconds (15% for multi-target spells, damage over time spells and spells with a cooldown time below 3 seconds).
This is a good item to get if you need more CC to control team fights to open opportunities for initiations or stick to the target your trying to assassinate. If you do go with this then get it instead of a Lich Bane or Void Staff.
- 50 Ability Power, 300 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Eyes of Pain: +15 Magic Penetration. UNIQUE Passive: Dealing spell damage burns enemies for 5% of their current Health as magic damage over 3 seconds. If their movement is impaired, they take double damage from this effect. 300 max damage vs monsters.
This is a good item to get if you need more poke damage on targets before initiating a battle. This is also very effective on weakening tanks before battle as the passive burn damage is reflected on their health. If you do go with this then get it instead of a Lich Bane or Void Staff.
- 70 Ability Power, 45 Magic Resistance. UNIQUE Aura: Reduces the Magic Resist of nearby enemy champions by 20. Range: 600
This is a great item to get if you're getting busted down by AP carries as the extra MR will help you survive longer. The only items in the build I would replace are a Lich Bane or Void Staff.
Pros / Cons
- Dosent take much damage in the jungle becasue of her sheild
- Clear the jungle pretty fast so she can gank more
- Amazing gap closer and team fight initiation
- Really good single target burst damage
- Ultimate has a really low cooldown
- Awesome level 6+ ganks (blows so many enemies flashes)
- So hard to get a good gank off before level 6
- Very mana dependent early game
- Tends to get focused alot in team fights because your the one diving
- Lacks a good escape mechanism because she is an all in fighter
- AP junglers tend to not work out well in late game team comps
I have played several game with other summoner spells to test them out but none of them work better than flash. Because you are the one jumping in and diving carries, flash is really a must have to stay on your target or escape when necessary.
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
I have used alot of different summoner runes and grown to like a combination of Attack Speed and ability power. This also helps in extra damage output for for clearing your jungle allowing you to gank more. There are not alot of great Runes for squishy AP junglers but these help you out quite a bit early game. The Armor seals are pretty much standard on any lane or jungle setup as they are the best and most effective teir 3 Seal Runes you can get in the game.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration - Flat magic pen helps any AP champion in dealing closer to true damage so this is a good option for her too.
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration - Since she is a melee caster magic and armor penetration works well on her so these can be used as well.
Greater Quintessence of Hybrid Penetration - Same as the Marks, magic and armor penetration works well on her so these can be used as well.
Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration - This is great if you are against a team full of squishys and if you stack enought flat penetration you can pretty much deal true damage to your targets.
Greater Quintessence of Mana Regeneration - Because she is an AP caster she realies heavily on mana to deal damage so these help out quite a bit if that is something your running out of.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - Get these if are going to need a little more MR in your full build. I am in a debate weather these or scaling AP is better for an AP jungler.
I dont change these out ever. Armor is the best Seal Runes to get on most all junglers. The armor is needed for levels 1-5 to clear camps and not die before you naturally stack or buy more armor.
This is the Mastery table I use for Dianna. I take the standard 21 points in the Offensive AP tree and 9 point in defensive to help take less damage from jungle camps.
- Extra attack speed helps with jungle clears and quicker procs from your passive Moonsilver Blade
- Extra AP scales well with you build, great for AP Junglers
- Extra % damage all around is nice
- Great Mastery for AP casters and adds to your total magic penetration
- Free AP, always good to have
- Amazing to have becasue she is a melee AP fighter, a definite must have point in this
- % increase on all AP, its like a mini version of a Rabadon's Deathcap so sweet
- Great for bursting and killing low health targets, definitely a must have
- Great for all junglers giving you an extra 10 gold when you smite anything
- Extra health is always great for any champ especially junglers
- Great for jungling because it reduces the damage from every creep that attacks you, saving you alot of health from jungle clears or even lane ganks
- Great for junlgers, helps you clear camps quicker by returning damage to creeps that attack you
- Free health and helps you get through level 1-5 in the jungle
- Diana has 20% increased Attack Speed. Every third strike cleaves nearby enemies for 20 / 25 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 / 155 / 175 / 195 / 215 / 240 / 265 / 290 (+60% of ability power) additional magic damage.
This is your passive so you will have this at level 1 and throughout the game, this effect does not level up but the damage increases per level you gain
- Diana swings her blade to unleash a bolt of lunar energy, afflicting enemies with Moonlight for 3 seconds and dealing 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+70% of ability power) magic damage in an arc before exploding.
Get your second point in this and level it first to increase your early game damage output, landing this ability is key to maximixing her damage output and reseting the cooldwon on Lunar Rush
- Diana creates three orbiting spheres for 5 seconds that detonate on contact with enemies to deal 20 / 34 / 48 / 62 / 76 (+20% of ability power) magic damage per orb in an area. She also gains a temporary shield that absorbs 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 (+40% of ability power) damage. This shield is refreshed if all three spheres detonate.
Get your first point in this and level it up second. This is a great source of damage but the sheild is very important for not taking damage on jungle camps and initiating ganks mid to late game
- Diana draws in and slows all nearby enemies by 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 % for 2 seconds.
Get your fourth point in this and level this last. One point is needed for the slow and more effective ganks but it has no damage output so its the least effective skill to level up
- Diana teleports to an enemy, deals 100 / 160 / 220 (+60% of ability power) magic damage, and consumes all active Moonlight debuffs. Lunar Rush has no cooldown when used to teleport to a target afflicted with a Moonlight debuff.
Not much to say here, this is your ultimate so you will get your points in this at level 6, 11, and 16 every time
Starting Jungle Routes and Counter Jungling
2. Blue buff
4. Little golems
5. Red buff
6. Wraiths again
7. Gank an open lane
Blue and Red Buff Respawns:
These have a 5 minute respawn timer so if you started at blue buff then make sure your back to your blue buff at or around 7:10. If you kill the second blue buff at 7:30, then the third one respawns at 12:30 and so on. One thing you can do is type out the respawn timing in chat so you dont forget. Also remember to ping your mid laner unless your mid is a champion that dosent use mana becasue blue buff helps out an AP carry tremendously early on and even late game.
If you see the other Jungler showing himself or ganking a lane feel free to walk into their jungle and take the big wraith or big wolf or even the big golem too. If their Junlger ganks a lane when their Red or Blue buff is up, then make them pay for this by taking their buff (but only do this if you have smite up becasue this is very risky and if they have it warded you will likely get ganked and killed) If you ever take an enemy buff I like to ward the brush at that location so you can keep tabs on the enemy jungler.
GANK #1 (Mid Lane) - I will ussually take my first shot at ganking mid in hopes for a kill or to burn their flash. If the flash was burned then I will always gank them again before their flash cooldown is back up. Flash has about a three minute cooldown.
Gank #2 (Top Lane) - I always gank top before they return to base and buy wards. I would say 100% of top laners get into 1 on 1 fights with each other so I like to use this knowledge and gank 2v1 after they engauge on the top laner.
GANK #3 (Bot Lane) - After I go back to base and buy I will ussually try for a gank on bot lane. For two reasons, their wards have ussually run out by now, and I like to have full heath and boots if ganking bot lane. I always ask my bot lane support if they know where the enemy placed their ward. This will help you decide what path to gank from.
Laning phase ussually ends once two+ outer towers go down or if the game gets to around the 20 minute mark because by that time tower dive ganks will happen as all champs are strong enough to tank the damage.
Warding the Map
As a jungler you want to always have a ward or two in your inventory so that you can help out your team and cover needed vision spots on the map. This is very important during lane phase and late game or even taking dragon or baron as well. The icons for sight wards and vision wards below are great places to place wards. all wards other than river wards are best when placed in the brush so you have vision from ganks and so you dont have to face check them too.
As the jungler, you are ussually the one the will set up taking the first dragon in the game. You wanna make sure this is timed with your team first. Also, makes sure you or your support puts a pink ward on dragon beforehand to clear enemy vision.
The dragon in Summoner's Rift spawns in an alcove in the middle of the lower river between the middle and bottom lanes. It spawns at 2:30, and it has a respawn time of 6:00.
Killing dragon gives each champion on your team 190g, with a 25g bonus for whoever landed the final hit. This is roughly worth 6 entire creep waves, making him a high-value target. He is also worth 400 total experience, though the experience is not global.
His attacks add a damage over time effect, as well as a 20% attack speed reduction debuff. He is also immune to crowd control effects, as well as armor and magic resistance shred effects.
He has 3030 + (220 * highest champion level) HP, 190 AD, 21 armor, and 30 magic resist.
These stats are summarized, and they do repeat some information that is shown above.
Gold: 190 (Global) (+25 to killer)
Experience: 400 (Global)
Health: 3030 (+220 * highest champion's level)
Attack Damage: 190
Magic Resist: 30
Critical Strike Chance: 0%
Attack Speed: 0.658/sec
Movement Speed: 330
Initial Spawn Time: 2:30
Respawn Time: 6:00
Baron Nashor Dance
This is something that you will need to get used to for ranked play. I call it the
dance becasue you are either trying to force a team fight or take Baron buff yourself gaining a late game advantage.
You will need to make sure you clear all wards with an an Oracle's Elixir or just a pink ward can do so you dont get caught.
Your best bet is have your support ward the brushes all around Baron and then camp in the brush right outside for about 15 to 20 seconds. If the enemy team dosent respond then start on Baron. Have your AP carry and/or Support try to keep the enemy team at bay without getting caught. Always make sure you have your smite ready to finnish off Baron so it dose not get stolen.
SPAWNS: It spawns at 15:00, and it respawns 7 minutes after slain.
- The whole team who landed the last hit gets 300 gold and 900 experience.
- The champ that landed the last hit gets 25 gold.
- Every alive member of the team gains the Exalted with Baron Nashor buff, which grants Attack Damage, Ability Power and bonus Health/Mana regeneration.
These stats are summarized, and they do repeat some information that is shown above.
Gold: 300 (Global)
Experience: 900 (Global)
Health: 8852 (+125 every minute)
Attack Damage: 600
Magic Resist: 70
Critical Strike Chance: 0%
Attack Speed: 0.208/sec
Movement Speed: 0
Initial Spawn Time: 15:00
Respawn Time: 7:00