Diana Build Guide by Parrow89
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everybody and welcome to my first mobafire guide. In this guide I'll be talking about my take on Diana. Please be patient with me as I learn how to edit this guide appropriately. This guide is a work in progress as I'll be updating this guide as I find new things out. Please try the guide before voting and I'm always open to criticism.
Diana is a highly mobile AP assassin. She does have some interesting combos as I'll explain later in the guide. This guide will talk about her jungle potential. Hopefully this will help you understand the champion better.
Pros / Cons
+ Relatively safe jungling.
+ Great ganking ability.
+ Double ult to quickly
+ Q reveals enemies.
+ Easy to pick up.
- Extremely mana hungry.
- Focused a lot.
- Item dependent.
- Horrible jokes and laugh.
- Hard to master.
When jungling with Diana it is best to use the standard AP build in the offense tree, while taking extra armor and reduced minion damage and health from the defense tree. Diana is an AP champion and will benefit from all the extra AP from the offense tree while gaining a little more early game survivability from the defense tree.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: This boost allows for extra damage against creeps which then means greater survivability.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: More attack speed = Faster passive procs which equates to safer jungling, and more damage potential for your ganks.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Same reason as the Quints.
- Greater Seal of Armor: More armor means less damage from jungle creeps which means a safer jungle for you.
Smite: You're a jungle. Smite is always needed.
Flash: Flash is just great to get out of sticky situations.
Diana can get into the fray easily but not so easy to get out.
- Moonsilver Blade: Flat 20% attack speed increase all the time. Every third strike Diana strikes for additional magic damage at all enemies around her. This ability is great and allows Diana to jungle safer and gives her some amazing ganking potential.
- Crescent Strike (Q): Diana's first step in her combo and main damage dealer. Applies Moonlight which reveals targets for three seconds.
Notice how the skill shot has that wide area at the end? Remember that for the jungling section as it will come in handy.
- Pale Cascade (W): A shield that protects Diana. Has three orbs that rotate around will explode and deal damage to enemies that hit it. If all three orbs are used the shield refreshes.
- Moonfall (E): Draws in every enemy inside the effect toward you and slows them. Great to use on runaway champions.
- Lunar Rush (R): Lunar rush is the second part to Diana's combo. Dash to the target and deal damage. If used on someone afflicted with Moonlight. The cooldown is refreshed.
Now's the fun time where we get to talk about the controversial topic of item build. Keep in mind this is due to change as I settle into a build that I like.
: +20 Magic Pen. Great for everything you do.
: +140 Ability power and a +30% increase in all ability power gains. Yes please. Increases your damage across the board.
: Gives a much needed solution to Diana's mana issues. Also gives a good amount of ability power, magic resist, and cooldown reduction. An all around great item for Diana.
: Gives some added attack speed and ability power and more cooldown reduction.
: Gives Ap and armor to increase your survivability. Also gives you that two second aw **** button to save yourself from an ultimate or other misfortunes.
- : Gives you more armor and magic resist and a revive every five minuets. Gives Diana some survivability.
: Gives ap, mana, magic resist, and after every ability adds your ap to your attack for your next basic. Good for extra damage and burst.
: AP and magic resist and reduces the magic resist of the enemies near you. Great to get some extra damage out.
: AP and 40% magic penetration. Great damage item.
As every game goes in different directions be willing to be flexible with your build. Flexible players help win games.
Creeping / Jungling
Start at wolves. Then go blue golem and Smite him when he's low. With a good leash you can have both camps down before the three minute mark. Congrats you're level 2! Go to wraiths and remember what I told you about Crescent Strike? Well here's why.
Use the large end of Crescent Strike to hit all the mobs in the camp your attacking. Combined with Pale Cascade it makes for a formidable damage combo in such close quarters.
Continue onto double golems and kill them the same way pop your last health pot here. Then go to red buff and Smite him dead. By this time you should be level 3 with two ranks in Pale Cascade and one rank in Crescent Strike. If your teammates need you to gank get over there and help if not keep an eye on them and try to quickly get to level 4 by killing wolves again then wraiths and double golems again.
Beware when you think about taking on dragon. Diana isn't well equipped to take dragon on early unlike some champions *cough cough* Warwick Nunu Skarner Fiora *cough cough* however once you get Rabadon's Deathcap you should be fine to kill him.
From here it's a normal game of trying to gank and help push lanes to victory (hopefully).
In summary Diana is an very fun AP assassin character. While she does have some advertises to overcome. I hope that this gives you some insight to the latest jungler of the league.
A huge thank you to jhoijhoi for the How to write a guide and template!
And as always remember to
Created the guide
Added consumables to the end of the item sequence.
Changed Item build based on more experience with the character.
Fixed some punctuation.