MID Lane Diana
ALWAYS ON START!
Threats to Diana with this build
|Ezreal||at lvl 6 ur combo anhillates him|
|Teemo||If you see one of these walking alone, kill it in a combo as its free feed, I bet diana her combo is designed to kill one of these in 1 go|
|Veigar||His laning phase is a joke, he is instakillable at 6 but beware his stun!|
Hello and welcome to this guide for Diana Mid lane and Jungle Assassin.
I dont expect it to be perfect but I would like to receive constructive criticism in comments
As noted this is a Diana guide and this is the way I build her and that leads to very fun games where u will be hated for the kills u make :)
pls do not get demotivated by the sheet and read this guide thoroughly, I have avoided walls of text :)
I also did not add items to make my character sheet look impossible, aside from what other guides say, you cannot have +700 AP and 4000 health, the way this guide is setup you will have a view of how the champion will be ingame with the core build and not as if she is equipped with every possible offensive and defensive option.
Diana is a mid lane assassin with high mobility and exquisite nuking abilities, it takes time to get a feel with her way of playing and the punishments of failing, but it is very rewarding to be able to play her at a more decent level.
I will be updating this guide regulary and atm it is still in progress of updating & finishing it.
Please read, test and Upvote
Pros / Cons
|Since Diana has no real escape this is a must have|
|Ignite is the spell that I recommend you. It's for securing early kills and shutting down Health Regeneration tanks like Dr. Mundo late game. I take it because it will add an additional damage spell to your kit that will help you as an assassin.|
|VS someone like Zed this is a very usefull tool, its reduces his damage by 50%|
|Moonsilver Blade is a VERY powerful yet VERY neglected passive. It makes farming quite easy and late game this passive is one of the reasons why she is so bursty. This skill is the reason why Stinger & Nashor's Tooth are very viable on Diana since it scales quite high with AP, and gives a Lich Bane even more punch.|
|Crescent Strike This is your bread and butter. use this to harass your opponent before level 6. Though this is a skillshot some better aiming skills are required due to the fact that it curves to the right towards target location. This also applies the Moonlight debuff, revealing every enemy for 3 seconds.|
|Moonfall The perfect tool to keep the enemy close or pull him back in, it will also slow the enemy|
|Lunar Rush(Ultimate) Perfect chase material with good amount of damage and a very low cooldown|
|=> => =>||Always start off with Crescent Strike as it is your main harass ability max this first, after that pickup some sustain with Pale Cascade to be able to soak the damage. On level 4 you can also drop the point in Moonfall and opt for Crescent Strike for more damage, picking Moonfall on level 5. Since Moonfall is mainly a utility skill you will max this last. As usual pick Lunar Rush whenever you are able to.|
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
In Luden's Echo, Out Lich Bane
Since the New arrival of Luden's Echo Diana has a new trademark item. Luden's Echo has everything Diana needs, MS is very much appreciated on her, as is the whopping 120 AP, abut most and firstmost THE AWESOME PASSIVE, this item is a Statikk Shiv for AP users, thus beauty of a passive makes farming 10x easier + provides diana with a stronger poke on her Q!
Many People will discuss this item as not an item to rush, well to me it is, if u arent in dire need of a zhonya's this item is a must have.
Lich Bane has had its hard times after the nerfs and is quitly becoming more of a finishing up item, something that will make your burst that little extra, rather then having upfront damage. It synergizes well with Luden's Echo bcuz the itme provides on hit effects to be activated. but that still doesnt make Lich Bane worth it to skip one of the 3 120 AP items
Nashor's Tooth has always been a good item on diana but its viability depends greatly on the situation of the game.
Building a Diana with Luden's Echo followed up by a Zhonya's Hourglass and Rabadon's Deathcap will give you a nice amount of AP + alot of utility and survivability!
To go into further detail: Luden's Echo
- 120 AP
- 7% movement Speed
- Gains charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next spell hit expends all charges to deal 100 (+15% of Ability Power) bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets on hit. This applies spell effects (e.g., Spell Vamp, Rylai's, etc).
doing a "Get-over-here" combo, assuming your Luden's Echo is fully charged will provide you with 180 charges.
A Closer Look: 100 charges.
- shoot Q which will provide 20 but we are already charged, Luden's Echo eexplodes
- R, You gain 20 charges from the spellcast and 50 from the max range dash distance crossed.
- W, gain another 20 charges from the spellcast, we are at 90 charges now
- E, gain another 20, but since we are on 90, 10 are lost
- Luden's Echo is fully charged again
- R, Luden's Echo explodes, you gain another 70?
I am still investigating if the charges are given upon casting the spell or upon hitting it when it comes to point-and-click spells, same with the passive proc, since, if Luden's Echo procs of the last R the moment you cast it then your charges should be saved and you should walk away with 70 charges, but if the passive proc's upo hitting the target then your charges could be lost and you have 0 at the end of the combo
click here for the latest game played by me and testing this new build in the normal game mode:
As this build will make you able to win almost any 1vs1 encounter without losing nearly no Health.
NEVER EVER engage a tank! You will NEVER one-shot a tank, not 1 scenario.
Avoid High health targets as Darius until you are midway through the build, and learn to kite them.
I have put every section into spoilers to have a better overview!
Midlane Matchups & Other Matchups
Click on desired Champion icon to goto the explanation:
Here you can see some of my games played and the scores achieved, please do take in mind that the items are not build in the order that they are portrayed.
I switch them from places because I like my Health Potion or Crystalline Flask on 2.
- 16/03/2015 Added "In Luden's Echo, Out Lich Bane" Section + reworked the DMG calculation Philosophy
- 22/01/2015 Put Several sections into spoilers to make the guide less long and easier to navigate
- 21/01/2015 Added Jungle Build, Jungle Guide, "Vs.Champions" Section
- 13/03/2014 Adjusted Route #1 with AP resistances for hard counters(Since I forgot about those) & Added more midlane matchups
- 11/12/2013 Adjusted Masteries and Runes, S4 ready
- 04/12/2013 Corrected Typo's
- 25/11/2013 Added Scores, fixed code mistake in Runes, Started designing Matchups
- 24/11/2013 Updated Item Sequence: added 2 last options. Added Scores
- 23/11/2013 Updated Runes, added first Item Sequence option
- 22/11/2013 Added Masteries, Runes, changes to Moonlight Combo
- 21/11/2013 Created Guide, added Build, Introduction, Pros/Cons, Ability Set, Moonlight Combo